Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Too many people would have to keep it a secret...

Comments

Like, are you stupid?..You're asking me to prove it?..Can you prove it didn't happen?..

Evidence points to it happening..

Such as the cuts on the beams, yer man saying "we decided to "pull it"", and the fact that THE BUILDING COLLAPSED FOR NO APPARENT REASON..

And the BBC were reporting on it before it happened..

Cue "This has all been explained inadequately before.."..

Unwanted reply. And another one just now. Pity you can't turn off notifications. But anyway, it doesn't matter.

I'm still waiting for your answer to the question about whether you'd be happy this winter if England is in lockdown with a fully vaccinated population, masks mandatory everywhere (you've mentioned they don't bother you, so that wouldn't be a problem), and vaccine passports for shops and cafés (you were quite right to point out that clubs and pubs would be shut during lockdown). Maybe 'happy' is the wrong word. Would you mind if the country went into lockdown because of case numbers even with the entire, or close to the entire, population vaccinated? And if you yourself wouldn't mind, could you understand why people would mind?

Edit: You can turn off notifications. Didn't know that.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,189 ✭✭✭✭Dohnjoe

Why will the health pass in France not be temporary according to you?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,323 ✭✭✭✭King Mob

Because, yea. All of that has been explained to you before. Repeatedly. You just ignore and run away from questions when you're faced with these issues.

For example, we're still waiting for you to explain why the BBC reported the collapse early in the conspiracy narrative. We've explained it to you that it makes no sense. You didn't respond to any of those points.

So just tell us. Why do you believe that the BBC did this. What's your explanation for it?

Again I don't think you have an answer because you understand it makes no sense in a conspiracy.

I don't know why dude..

But that's what happened..

Do I want a lockdown? No, no one does.

However if, IF, cases and rates are high enough (due to variants, Covid spreading quicker among younger or unvaccinated people, etc) that a lockdown is warranted, then I'd understand why they would need to lockdown again.

Of course in your fantasy world, all of this is some ruse to introduce a controlling 1984 society, so you are unable and unwilling to see any of this in any reasonable normal and objective way. It's like someone who is utterly paranoid someone is following them, and everything they see is yet another clue that validates that belief.

Great. First honest reply I've seen from you. It's progress!

So according to you, the BBC was in on the destruction of WTC7. They knew it was going to collapse. But they reported it early.

Was this on purpose or was it a mistake?

Is it possible that it was a mistake?

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 24,118 Mod ✭✭✭✭robinph

What is the reason for the BBC reporting early? Is there something they have achieved by doing so?

If they knew in advance and let slip then what was the purpose of them knowing in advance and why didn't anyone else know in advance? Why does the BBC still have media access to the White House if they screwed up on such a big thing?

Why did they want WTC7 to be destroyed anyway? If there was a plan to destroy WTC7 then why tell the BBC about it in advance?

Or the far simpler explanation of the BBC reporter miss read a news wire and made a mistake.

How would it be a mistake?..

She's there saying it has reportedly collapsed..

You can see it in the background..

Then it starts to collapse..

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,453 ✭✭✭EyesClosed

Cool... Why won't the health pass be temporary?

Ok. So it can't be a mistake.

So it must be on purpose, right?

Explain how that happened so please..

But there will always be variants and case numbers will always seem high because the numbers themselves are high. 30,000 case numbers will always seem high because it's a high number. Lots of people have lost the ability to look at those numbers in context. Even 100 cases would seem high because the number itself is high.

And if people don't want to get vaccinated then that's their choice (unless they're in France and Italy, where not being vaccinated means life is very difficult for people). You can't base whether or not to lock down a country on 5 or 10 percent of the population not being vaccinated. My argument is that post-vaccination it should end. That's what Denmark decided to do. Otherwise it never ends.

But we've done this repeatedly.

It's explained to you again here: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/comment/117889067#Comment_117889067

It was a mistake on a busy, hectic newsday. You don't believe this explanation. That's fine.

We're asking you what your explanation is.

You agree that the BBC were told ahead of time for some reason you can't explain.

You also said that it can't be mistake that they let it slip early.

So you must believe that they reported it early on purpose. Right?

That doesn't cut it..

• Advertisement

Ok. Fine. You don't believe that explanation.

Let's say for the sake of argument it's wrong.

What's your explanation?

Do you believe that it was announced early on purpose? Yes or no?

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 24,118 Mod ✭✭✭✭robinph

The building was expected to be due to collapse for a few hours beforehand as was seen to be bulging, fire officers were already withdrawn from the area. This was presumably reported on by other news orgs that the area was evacuated. BBC reporter sees one of the reports about area around WTC7 being cleared due to expected building collapse, misses the word "expected" in the confusion of the day, report goes out that it's already happened, nobody thinks to check in thee confusion as well, tow massive building have already been see to collapse a couple of hours earlier.

Now explain the theory behind your claim that the reporter knew in advance and why they might have been told in advance, and why they would then have released that information early and what was the point in telling them in advance?

No..

Not good enough lads..

Although I see it has you thoroughly convinced..

Let's just agree to disagree..

Also remember, reporters couch their statements with things like "we're hearing reports that X" or "Y is reporting X". These things would indeed be true, as these reports are actually real even if the content of the report is not accurate. The mistake might have come at some point in that chain also.

The BBC statement on the matter explains it pretty well.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/blogs/theeditors/2007/02/part_of_the_conspiracy.html

2020 they were in lockdown like everyone else... there is a bit of a global pandemic happening..

Having to take a 10 min test every 3 days (if you want to do anything indoors, not essential to do every 3 days) and wear a bit of cloth on your face while in doors to lead a normal life isn't exactly restrictive

• Advertisement

Shur you can't believe that..the BBC were in on it..

No. Why not just tell us what you believe?

Why run away.

We accept that you don't believe our explanation.

We've yet to hear yours. You keep ignoring our very simple questions about it and now you're trying to run away because you don't want to just state what you believe.

You're proving the point we're making.

So lets try one more time.

Do you believe that the collapse was reported early on purpose? Yes or no?

I don't doubt the space programme.

I don't doubt that Osama Bin Laden killed Americans on 9/11.

I've already answered these questions.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,688 ✭✭✭storker

You're failing Logic 101 here, I don't need to prove it didn't happen - you need to prove it did. You're the one making the claim.

But I'm glad to see you admit, albeit behind a smokescreen, that you don't actually have any evidence. We're making progress.

In on what exactly?

If they were in on it, then why did they report it early? Why make such a massive mistake so that you'd be given clues about their involvement?

Is not how it works.

I'd explain it, but it's been explained to you so many times and in so many ways, it's pointless.

Dude. You are dodging again.

Firstly, there were 7 questions. You provided 2 answers. 2 is less than 7.

Secondly, as has been explained to you before, those are not answers to the questions you were asked. The questions you were asked were not "do you doubt...?"

Answer the questions properly please. ALL of the questions.

Reporting mistakes happen all the time. I remember at one point they were reporting 8 planes had been hijacked, did that happen? No. It occurred because there was so much rumour and speculation flying about, this happens with live 24 hour news. Think of all the mass shootings in the US, early reports often contain errors about e.g. how many shooters there are.

On 9/11, WTC 7 had been burning for a long time, there was constant speculation it was going to collapse, I know this because I was glued to the TV that day. Obviously some of that speculation got misinterpreted by a news organisation and they made a mistake.

The BBC actually addressed this fully

The theory you are insinuating is that the plotters of this mass inside job to kill thousands of Americans decided to tell a news organisation in another country the time that a building would be destroyed. They have just revealed their entire existence and plan to a foreign media outlet, why would they do that? Outlets around the world would report anyway when the building fell, why would they need to "reach out" to tell one? That makes utterly no sense. Think. (and you have to support it with evidence, which you haven't done in any way)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,672 ✭✭✭elefant

'The BBC were in on it'

Amazing 😂

Read the thread.

I've answered the questions and I'm willing to have a live debate.

You're not.

• Advertisement

Yes. I have read the thread. You are dodging the questions. You are either not able to understand basic English are aren't able to read the questions correctly, or you are being deliberately obtuse to avoid answering them.

It's beyond doubt you're dodging and ignoring questions. You can keep lying if you like. No one is dumb enough to believe you.

And I previously asked you "Debate what?"

You keep making this challenge. It's really really odd.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,644 ✭✭✭✭Timberrrrrrrr

If it was due to cases then no I wouldn't be happy, cases don't matter.

If it was due to high deaths and the NHS being under pressure due to high numbers being hospitalised then yes I would be fine if we had to go back into lockdown.

See! That's how easy it is to answer a question honestly, you should try it sometime.

What is your chosen theory then?

You accept that space flight is real and that 9/11 happened and that covid is real. All you seem to be having made a case for is that you think that we don't believe governments do bad things, and we've told you repeatedly that you are wrong on that point. You want a debate about something, but not entirely sure what topic you are looking to discuss?

"Why do you believe that the government won't kill people?"

"I don't believe that."

"Yes you do!"

Something to that effect I suspect.

How can I have a theory for something I don't **** believe in?????????????

Ask me a **** questions for Christ sake. You won't because I have rational answers.

If you don't ask me a question I'm not replying. I'm **** tired of this thread.

The live debate is still open if any of ye would rather that.

Lol wut...?

We asked you questions. We spoonfed them to you several times. You ignored them all.

You're now pretending that you have "rational answers?" Ok then. What are they?

Also could you answer the latest question you're not answering? Debate what?

Again, if you guys just answered questions directly and honestly, you wouldn't be getting so wound up.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,453 ✭✭✭EyesClosed

I didn't claim that you believed in those conspiracy theories, I was just asking you to tell us what exactly it is that you DO believe in that brings you to this forum?

A question about what?

A debate on what?

The subject is in the thread title, and is related to conspiracies that poster believes in, e.g. that the space program is fake. It's morphed into a more general view on conspiracies. If you don't have any opinions on that or conspiracies, then nothing to discuss. Not sure why you are demanding that posters question you or debate you.

• Advertisement

Seems to be a common tactic among new right wing grifters like Ben Shaprio et al.

Demand someone debate you. When they look at you like you're nuts, declare that they're obviously too afraid to. Claim victory.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,326 ✭✭✭Markus Antonius

You have to admire the organisational skills of the evil, evil brown bearded terrorist men that they managed to crash two passenger craft into two side by side buildings within the space of 15 mins and for both buildings to have bottomed-out completely within 30mins of each other.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,326 ✭✭✭Markus Antonius

What I also find hilarious about the conduct of the conspiracy haters in this forum is that if 911 wasn't some form of inside job then this requires you to believe that there is a conspiracy of islamists against the USA. Is this not islamaphobic no? To believe that there are factions of Islamists who are hell-bent on destroying Americans?

For what reason do these islamists want to destroy americans?

Why do you keep running away from my questions?

Lol a very pathetic strawman here I'm afraid.

No it is not islamaphobic to suggest terrorists who are Islamic exist.

It would be islamaphobic to suggest that random Islamic people were involved in the attacks simply because they are Islamic. But no one is arguing this.

You are either unaware of what the word means are you are being deliberately incorrect with the term to make a very very suply point.

Now speaking on avoiding questions you have not once addressed the issues surrounding your conspiracy. You believe the entire space program is faked.

Have you noticed that none of your fellow conspiracy theorists don't want to acknowledge your claims? Why is that you think?

I think its because your beliefs are an example of the type that other conspiracy theorists don't want their own beliefs compared to.

Also gotta say: "If you don't believe that 9/11 was an inside job, you're racist" is a pretty new argument. Good to see that you guys can come up with new and even more ridiculous stuff 20 years down the line...

• Subscribers Posts: 41,830 ✭✭✭✭sydthebeat

To believe that there are factions of Islamists who are hell-bent on destroying Americans?

a belief?? are you that incredibly ignorant?????

its al Qaedas whole bloody raison d'etre

https://irp.fas.org/world/para/post.pdf

23 February 1998

The ruling to kill the Americans and their allies -- civilians and military -- is an individual duty for every Muslim who can do it in any country in which it is possible to do it, in order to liberate the al-Aqsa Mosque and the holy mosque [Mecca] from their grip, and in order for their armies to move out of all the lands of Islam, defeated and unable to threaten any Muslim. This is in accordance with the words of Almighty Allah, "and fight the pagans all together as they fight you all together," and "fight them until there is no more tumult or oppression, and there prevail justice and faith in Allah."This is in addition to the words of Almighty Allah: "And why should ye not fight in the cause of Allah and of those who, being weak, are ill-treated (and oppressed)? -- women and children, whose cry is: 'Our Lord, rescue us from this town, whose people are oppressors; and raise for us from thee one who will help!'"We -- with Allah's help -- call on every Muslim who believes in Allah and wishes to be rewarded to comply with Allah's order to kill the Americans and plunder their money wherever and whenever they find it. We also call on Muslim ulema, leaders, youths, and soldiers to launch the raid on Satan's U.S. troops and the devil's supporters allying with them, and to displace those who are behind them so that they may learn a lesson.

that was published in Al-Quds al-Arabi, an Arabic newspaper published in London

ah but shure, maybe its unclear and misunderstood.......

• Advertisement

Well that's a first. To answer your questions in order; No. There are. Because they see the US and other countries at odds to their ideology, that they are trying to destroy Islam, and because they are secular or non-Muslim.

Al Qaeda are responsible for a number of prominent attacks, e.g. US embassy bombings in Africa, 9/11, Bali, Mombasa, Casablanca bombings, Istanbul attack, Madrid train bombings, there's a long list - do you think all those attacks are "false flags"? what do you think of them?

Of course I don't expect any answers

This is a great example of how conspiracy theories have to balloon into nonsense to try and stay consistent.

Here Markus is claiming that it is unlikely for Islamic terrorists to commit a violent act. When confronted with evidence that Islamic terrorists are capable of violent acts, he has to either accept this and negate his original argument, or he has to invent new conspiracy theories about all the other attacks. So what started off as a small conspiracy to commit one attack has to become a massive global conspiracy to commit attacks all over the world over a series of years. Even if you believe that 9/11 was commited by a small group, then this group becomes exponentially larger with each new attack they have to commit. Some of these attacks are more than a decade before the one that they actually want to commit!

(I also wonder if it means that it's also the same 3 guys who apparently demolished WTC7...)

A similar thing happened with the cranks at AE9/11. They spent years claiming that a building like WTC7 could not fail because of a fire. Then when a building like WTC7 failed due to a fire, they invented a whole new conspiracy out of no where to explain that away.

You can never be wrong when you can just explain away problems with new conspiracies made up on the fly.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,688 ✭✭✭storker

@King Mob "(I also wonder if it means that it's also the same 3 guys who apparently demolished WTC7...)"

I was watching one of the 9/11 documentaries the other day and just before each commercial break, a squirrel popped up on screen. So maybe it was three guys plus a squirrel. Evil little feckers...

They're good at planting little tiny demolition charges in the shape of acorns....

"Question everything", doesn't question other conspiracy theorists and other conspiracy theories.

"I'm only seeking the truth", lies constantly

"Free speech" - constantly tries to turn the forum into a safe space and echo chamber

"I'm skeptical" - blindly accepts anything that validates their conspiracy/world views

"The experts are wrong" - consistently relies on deplatformed and controversial pseudo-experts and cranks

"Mods do something" - is banned from multiple threads on normal forums

"I'm being persecuted" - labels anyone who doesn't agree with them a "troll"

It's hilarious, no other forum on boards comes close

• Advertisement
Advertisement