Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Gameweek 5 Transfer Thread

• 11-09-2021 4:15pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,081 ✭✭✭

All the wildcard players out.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 14,238 ✭✭✭✭callaway92

I think I’ll wildcard.

Bruno, Bowen, Barnes all need to go

• Registered Users Posts: 641 ✭✭✭joeyboy11

Not sure if it would be worth it to do Antonio to Bamford

• Registered Users Posts: 11,185 ✭✭✭✭Father Hernandez

WC, need to get Ronaldo in. Looking at:

Sanchez, Steele

White, Ayling, Marcal, Shaw, Livramento

Salah, Jota, Greenwood, Raphinha, Gray

Lukaku, Ronaldo, Dennis

Thoughts welcome!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,326 ✭✭✭macraignil

Got to be Kane to Ronaldo with the way today's games went.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,158 ✭✭✭Dearg81

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 16,596 ✭✭✭✭dahat

So getting Lukaku & Ronaldo in the same team will be task ahead.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,717 ✭✭✭✭Nalz

• Registered Users Posts: 19,549 ✭✭✭✭Ace2007

Given the upcoming fixtures of the teams you have - who would you be benching?

Also with Arsenal's fixtures and Ramsdale only 4.5m I would probably prefer him over Sanchez.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,331 ✭✭✭basillarkin

• Registered Users Posts: 59 ✭✭Luxemburgo

Veltman to Marcal

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 20,323 ✭✭✭✭Rikand

• Registered Users Posts: 1,303 ✭✭✭Mike Ehrmantraut

Wildcard time, currently looking at

Sanchez Steel

TAA Alonso Marcal Duffy Omobamidele

Pogba Jota Greenwood Benrahama Kovacic

Ronaldo Lukaku Antonio

Still considering a way of fitting in Salah with Ronald and Lukaku. Any thoughts of suggestions welcome

• Registered Users Posts: 3,158 ✭✭✭Dearg81

You probably need to drop TAA if you want Salah, Lukaku and Ronaldo with a balanced team.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,249 ✭✭✭✭Lemlin

My team:

Sanchez (Steele)

TAA, Ayling, Livramento, Tsimiskas, Rudiger

Salah, Mount, Benrahama, Torres (Gilmour)

Antonio, Ings, Ronaldo

I am thinking about wildcarding as Tsimikas, Ayling, Mount & Antonio are all concerns. Gilmore will never play but appears to have lost his place. I wouldn’t mind getting Lukaku but I could keep that team and just go:

TAA to Williams (Norwich) & Antonio to Lukaku. That would be for a -4.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,326 ✭✭✭macraignil

I know Antonio is suspended for the game against Man. Utd. but he has racked up almost double the points of Ings so far this season. Also disappointed myself with having dropped Alexander Arnold to bring in Lukaku as I think he would be in my team every week if I had kept him. Would selling Mount for bench fodder free up enough funds to bring in Lukaku?

• Registered Users Posts: 22,249 ✭✭✭✭Lemlin

M

Long term plan was to transfer Ings out but he has a game next weekend now & Antonio doesn’t. I also have Benrahama.

I might hold off on Lukaku as he has two tough enough games coming up.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,017 ✭✭✭COH

Is Spurs really a tough game at the moment? Their defence doesnt look in great shape, Kane didnt have a single touch in the box yesterday and Son may be out for a while.

If I had Lukaku Id be happy enough to captain him next week!

• Registered Users Posts: 14,232 ✭✭✭✭SteelyDanJalapeno

Cant see it being enjoyable to have all 3 of Mo, Rom and CR7 in your team, you can only captain 1 of them, so each week you'll probably hoping the other 2 most expensive players in your team don't perform? Because they are also heavily captained. Pick 2 of them.

I have CR7 and Mo, I captain CR7 yesterday and hate now that I hope Mo fails today.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,342 ✭✭✭Shedite27

Wildcarded last week, Antonio the only porblem from that team but happy to bench him for a week and play Omobamidele

It would be more that they don't perform as well, so a goal from Salah, you'll be happy with. Salah ownership is around 50%, while Lukaku is at 24%, so still huge number of players without them. Looking at the top 10k players for instance, it's showing that only 1.89% of players have all 3 in their team for GW4. That's shockingly low imo, and show that's you want them all to perform.

What you don't want to happen is to captain say Ronaldo every week, and 5 GW's later Salah has just got 2 points a game - because then you'll get the itch is it worth having him etc.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 19,587 ✭✭✭✭Muahahaha

Think Im going to go Ayling to Marcel tomorrow night as he will probably rise to 4.6m at some stage in the next few nights.

But Im also wondering if I should sell Benrahma, hes had two blanks now and his next fixture is United. WH start in the Europa group stages on Thursday and have 7 games over the next 23 days so I think he is now a legitimate rotation risk. Theres not much around in his price bracket though, Sarr is there but has had 3 blanks in a row and I dont want another WH player in Fornals or Soucek.

Chelseas Kovacic at only 5.0m is tempting as he has played a part in all 4 games with 3 starts delivering 3 clean sheets, two assists and a goal. He will get rotated but at 5.0m its not hard to absorb if his upside is so good. Thoughts?

• Registered Users Posts: 32,599 ✭✭✭✭CSF

Selling Antonio is insane FWIW unless you're imminently wildcarding. 2 transfers booked in just to get an inferior option in for 1 week. Transferring out the highest scorer in the game (at 8 million) is a bad idea IMO.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,163 ✭✭✭Damien360

Wildcarded.

was relying on midfield and defense to keep the points going and had all but fodder on front line. Jumped on the Ronaldo train and decided to bring Lukaku with him. Kept TAA and Salah. Bruno gone along with front 3. Playing 4-4-2 with no backup on bench at all.

Captain and Vice not decided on yet so ignore my picks for those.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,667 ✭✭✭Klonker

Anyone still planning on not getting Ronaldo anytime soon? United won't be playing a team as bad as Newcastle every week.

Not sure what to do with my team this week (have 2FT), I think I might ignore Lukaku for another few weeks too.

I like that as a team that gets TAA, Salah, Ronaldo and Lukaku in. Shaw and Cancelo are there too so a decent chance of clean sheets and attacking returns and Raphinha should tick over nicely for Leeds good fixture run. That just leaves Gray and Kovacic that are maybe a little bit punty but thats necessary if most of the money is tied up in premiums. I think its a pretty decent team.

yeah agreed, yet 604,000 managers dont and have sold him in the last day and he looks like dropping in price tonight. Madness I think, his suspended fixture is against United anyway so thats a tough fixture regardless. His fixture after than is Leeds and theyve now conceded 11 goals in 4 games, Antonio could make hay there. Im going to hold him till he gets injured, he must have the best points per million cost of the whole game.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,486 ✭✭✭shmeee

Presently I have no plans to get him in. You either had to jump on for GW 4 or ride it out until WC / 2 FTs etc.

From GW 14 it will nearly be 3 United assets. But will it be way too late for Ronaldo then is the thing.

Last year I didn't jump on Bruno when I should have and that had a huge effect on my OR come the end of the season.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,342 ✭✭✭Shedite27

It was getting to the stage where 50%+ had him so his scores made little impact, a little flush out of owners is healthy for those holding

On Antonio - at some stage his returns will drop - they have a lot of games in short period of time. Reminds me of Vardy last year - all guns blazing at start of season and then hit a brick wall, or Callum Wilson the season before that - returns in first 7 games and then nothing for rest of season.

We talk about picking players at the right moment all the time, but equally we have to cut players at the right moment and ignore value built up etc.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 332 ✭✭trigger26

I'd be thinking the same to cut him loose now especially in a week where my bench is short, I don't like losing his value but he's not gonna continue that form all season, Jimenez has some nice games coming up and is top quality, most likely he will start scoring again soon

Advertisement