Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Gameweek 5 Transfer Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 15,258 ✭✭✭✭Fitz*

Being both stubborn & stupid with keeping Harvey Barnes. His fixtures change in GW6 where I would want a Leicester attacker for a couple of weeks. I'll be WC in GW7 more than likely so he might just survive until then.

Benrahma & Antonio I was looking into selling too, but Mahrez has just jumped to being the number one problem with too much money tied up with him not playing games.

Toney is still lurking around my team doing nothing.

Looking at Mahrez -> Jota & Antonio -> Jesus but will wait to see if Jesus plays Tuesday night first. Maybe that WC will get played early yet!

• Registered Users Posts: 19,695 ✭✭✭✭Ace2007

Yea losing value can be annoying, i'm not sure how but i went form a Team value of 101.1m pre WC, to a team value of 100.3 post WC.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,106 ✭✭✭✭How Soon Is Now

Ill see how Calvert lewin does tonight but thinking of himself and Antonio out and bring in Lukaku and a 5mil forward. Lukaku is 11.6 now hes only going to keep going up if he keeps scoring than when the fixtures get better for Chelsea.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,658 ✭✭✭Xander10

I'd only swap him out if I was playing my WC the following week. Part of me, as a West ham fan is waiting for his annual hamstring injury and six weeks out of action before making that decision to drop.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,651 ✭✭✭shmeee

Sure you are not mixing up Team Value with Squad value? I know silly question.....

My Team value is 98 + 2.4 ITB

My squad value is 98.6 + 2.4 ITB

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,624 ✭✭✭Cartman78

My bench is in borderline tatters for next GW (Antonio, Gilmour, Tsimakas) so looks like I may have to let Anto go and get Jimmy in.... something like Tsimakas to another 4m defender seems like a waste of a transfer tbh

Well whichever one i'm picking its consistent - i'm looking at my GW history and its showing the following

GW1: 100.0

GW2: 100.6

GW3: 101.1

GW4: 100.3

• Registered Users Posts: 4,385 ✭✭✭Nerdlingr

..deleted

• Registered Users Posts: 13,106 ✭✭✭✭How Soon Is Now

Dcl and Antonio out for sure now.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,812 ✭✭✭bantee

I'd love to swap Armstrong for Hwang and save the .5 if I knew he'd start

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,054 ✭✭✭wanderer100

Glad I didn't hop on the Antonio to Bamford bandwagon last night with this DCL news now

• Registered Users Posts: 2,812 ✭✭✭bantee

Or could go Antonio to Richarlison who I'll assume will be up front alone with DCL out

Antonio, DCL, Toney & Mahrez problems now but I also want a Wolves defender. Have 2 FTs so might aswell use them with a -4 rather than WC. Maybe just free up cash for Lukaku.

Hwang is actually a bit of an enabler. Is he a better option than Dennis as 3rd striker?

Mahrez, Toney & DCL -> Jesus, Hwang & Sissoko + 5.6 ITB.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,081 ✭✭✭GetWithIt

DCL to Bamford would seem the natural move. Is there much love for another forward?

• Registered Users Posts: 12,030 ✭✭✭✭eh i dunno

How has Ronaldo price not gone up yet?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,885 ✭✭✭stephenl15

Was price locked as a new player. Also mention of a new price lock theory

• Registered Users Posts: 12,030 ✭✭✭✭eh i dunno

• Registered Users Posts: 5,885 ✭✭✭stephenl15

What's the unlock theory?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,054 ✭✭✭wanderer100

Thinking of doing DCL to Bamford & Dier to Marcal for -4.

Will prolly wait till Thursday before I press the button

Edit: Just seen Marcal might rise in price tonight. May have to pull the trigger

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,368 ✭✭✭Shedite27

DCL to Bamford. Easy transfer

• Registered Users Posts: 3,161 ✭✭✭Dearg81

If he was gonna miss 1 game you would pick this week vs United. I think the rest will do him good after traveling to Jamaica for the internationals and Leeds are not at it defensively this season.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,650 ✭✭✭dr.kenneth noisewater

Antonio, DCL, Toney, Tsimikas are all causing issues. Time to WC?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,667 ✭✭✭Klonker

I'm having a similar dilemma. Have Antonio, DCL, Tsimikas and Obafami who won't be playing this week (or anytime soon for a few of them)and a few others I wouldn't mind shifting. What's putting me off the WC is I've 2FT so feels like such a waste. I might just mini wildcard with a -4 or -8.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,083 ✭✭✭Chesty08

Have both & looking at a -4 to bring in Jesus & Richarlison

• Registered Users Posts: 332 ✭✭trigger26

Pulled trigger on WC last night after seeing Gray scored, want sure about him but he's gonna be good, Alexander Trent has being bugging me for a while not having him so figured he's a potent as Lukaku for points but cheaper so can spread the savings round to balance the team. Brought in duffy too who has tricky 6 weeks ahead but is good value for season, Pogba in for greenwood who I hope is more stable game wise and Gallagher, looks tidy on the ball and in the box. Jimenez up front is still nawing at me, would prefer bamford

• Registered Users Posts: 16,731 ✭✭✭✭Nalz

They all sound like wise moves. Gallagher looks great in "real life". I'm just wondering have Palace got the players around him to help him out.

TAA, Gray, Lukaku all great moves.

I took Gray and TAA out of my first Wildcard draft for GW4 so I could bring in DCL, Ronaldo, Torres and Digne :-( and then panicked over the Ronaldo rumours so captained Salah. Disaster really. Ahhhhh this game!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,675 ✭✭✭thunderdog

Had planned Benrahma to Raphinha but with DCL and Antonio, I’ll probably do DCL to Bamford

I pulled a -4 last night to avoid price drops (only Mahrez ended up dropping) and that included bringing in Bamford for DCL.

There's a few unsubstantiated rumours of a Bamford injury now, which would lead me to using my WC later in the week if true.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,081 ✭✭✭✭castletownman

Like pretty much everyone, have Antonio suspended this weekend too, but since Toney is a concern, I think I will transfer Hwang in for him and go Hwang-Lukaku up top. Will have enough funds to bring in Ronaldo with Lukaku and Salah then 😁

My bench will effectively be redundant though with Sanchez, Antonio (sus), Tsimkas, Gilmour.

Advertisement