Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

SMACKDOWN LIVE SUPERTHREAD

Comments

To me it sounds like the boos for Becky are being piped in. Maybe just me

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 50,979 Mod ✭✭✭✭Necro

I think it's the EST chants that are piped in actually.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,037 ✭✭✭ThePott

The audio in that whole segment sounded off so there was definitely some sound being piped in. They definitely added boos to the promo package for Becky but either way.

Demon Balor tease was excellent and surprisingly subtle for WWE, even though I would have rathered he have a bit more time on the main roster before bringing the demon back but still it has my interest. Even though I'm slightly worried that tehy're gonna feed the demon to Roman. I would love if Balor got the belt but it seems pretty unlikely.

Toni finally appeared on TV again to be hit on by Dolph Ziggler so.. progress?

Next week's show looks stacked! Smackdown is really what's keeping my WWE interest afloat right now.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,101 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

And I think all the fans you can see chanting EST were CGI...

• Registered Users Posts: 5,123 ✭✭✭The White Wolf

Kayla's trollface while Heyman is squirming has become a weekly highlight.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 37,699 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

Main event was very good

Looking like Demon Balor is on his way back but how much of a threat will he be to big guys like Brock and Roman ?

The red light could also be brood Edge ?

The second they introduced piped reactions it was a mistake, as the viewer only ends up questioning all reactions from the "live" audience.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 14,861 Mod ✭✭✭✭Furious-Red

It just reminds me of the old smackdowns before they went "live" again a couple of years ago, it was clear as day the noises were piped in.

Eh, I think it's the internet just being stubborn. We're just drenched in cynicism these days, plenty of which is WWE-created.

When the heel turn happened there was a collective "Bullshit" response from the internet, myself included. Lots said it would fail. But now that WWE are getting the desired reactions and the heel turn is working, people don't want to backtrack and admit they may be wrong so they'll say "Nah, it's not real." It's not a phenomenon isolated to wrestling.

Internet and crowd fans are vastly different. Crowds are happy to play along with the panto, most of the time. I remember going to a WWE show in Dublin 2010/2011, whenever Miz was Champion. This was near the apex of my "Sick of Cena" phase but I still booed Miz (I was ringside and he got right in my face for a second trash-talking, it was great!) and cheered Cena because it was good craic.

Edit: When Ziggler made his WWE debut Toni Storm would've been about 9. Dolph, ya absolute dog.

Honestly, a mid-life crisis angle for him would be funny.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,776 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

I'm sure the boos for Becky were genuine. How would you feel if you were there and the possibility of a title match is taken away? Though it's a slow process to turn people one live crowd at a time.

And Toni lives.

• Advertisement

Knowing WWE and their persistence with repetitive angles, if I was in that audience I would have fully expected Becky to reject a title challenge again. It wouldn't have gotten a reaction from me either way.

I get what you're saying about online cynicism ruining things but WWE are the ones that made them cynical in the first place.

I'll totally own up and admit the heel turn is going better than I expected, based purely off last night. Again I do think it will be crowd to crowd and I don't think they are doing themselves any favours in that regard by having it be a soft heel turn like they are. Do I think turning her to begin with was good? No. Also not sure yet how much this is going to help Bianca, aside from the chance to work a programme with Becky.

Bianca is getting too close to the "Aw shucks" Bayley type face. She needs to develop a bit.

• Registered Users Posts: 84,740 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

Corbin don't need Logan Paul

Cesaro deserves better as does Kevin Owens

Why are they getting a title shot?

Names prob picked from a hat or something

Streets prophets aren't winning tonight anyway

Hipster Brock is here

That was a fun segment

Are they actually going to do Roman vs Brock at Extreme Rules or will they drag it out till Crown Jewel or Survivor Series ?

• Registered Users Posts: 39,404 ✭✭✭✭Itssoeasy

So brock isn’t a complete disaster on the mic and thankfully Roman didnt turn babyface.

• Advertisement

I like this Big E

He's on the mic so rarely you forget how softly spoken Lesnar is.

In all their years of feuding that may be the best Brock/Roman segment they've had, although the bar is admittedly low. Nobody in wrestling comes within a mile of a Brock's aura. Guy is an animal.

Forgot about that match

That was a great match between Edge and Rollins. Edge selling the beating very well. Probably be gone for a few week's

The Demon Finn Balor is back, I wonder did the crowd think it was Taker

Hard to see Balor win the title at Extreme Rules but lets hope he comes out we'll from it

• Registered Users Posts: 3,834 ✭✭✭Pentecost

So, apparently, they cut a Zelina match on 9/11 one of the most personally significant dates in her life given her Dad died in the attacks. Now Zelina, hot as she is, is no world beater in the grand scheme of things and was silly enough to sign back there but to me that's just a horrible way to treat her if she had been building up to it on the day and given what the date means to her.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 50,979 Mod ✭✭✭✭Necro

Right WWE we're supposed to believe that Finn is going to beat Roman with the Brock angle already in full flight. Way to sell Extreme Rules 🙄

I'm confused, ain't this sh1t live?

Either way terrible treatment of someone. Never go back.

That was a pretty great Smackdown!

The Brock/Roman intro was awesome and I'm still wondering what they'll do with Heyman and I'm enjoying face Brock so it has me more interested in a Roman/Brock feud than I thought I would be. 10 man tag was fun, after looking into the Trae Young stuff it was hilarious, amazing move to get him involved in NYC. Rollins vs Edge was an amazing match and the ending was really interesting, Guessing we won't see Edge till maybe Survivor Series now and wonder if that promo after was teasing Rollins turning face, although he could also go full psychopath. Tag match was good and I actually think Roman getting involved elevates that programme. Becky segment was okay, I really can't tell anymore if they are using fake boos for her though, would have been more interested if she hadn't signed but anyway.

With all the 9/11 stuff, I genuinely thought of Zelina, I knew her father had died in the attack. The fact that the played 3 (maybe more) packages and didn't give her even a small promo or segment and cut the match is sad. I know she's not the biggest deal but that could have been a really great moment. WWE's handling of the women's division is in the dumps right now. Toni once again was not on the show (apparently she would have been in the tag match that was cut), Naomi's story doesn't appear to be going anywhere, Shotzi and Nox beat the tag team champs multiple times and there's no follow-up on it and they aren't even on tv consistently. Shambles.

As for the demon thing, I'm really torn. I think it was too early to bring back the demon for Finn's return to main roster. He needed more time to establish the Prinxe gimmick to a wider audience, now he's just gone back to the demon schtick. I would love for him to get the belt off Roman in this way but I doubt it's happening, they're feeding the demon to Roman seemingly and that is a total joke.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 773 ✭✭✭TimesArrow

really have no interest in Becky anymore.. find her cringe worthy promos are awful and this heel run so far has sucked

Advertisement