Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

FIFA 21 Ultimate Team

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,720 ✭✭✭✭AdamD

Managed to go 4-3 using a silver squad against...no silver squads

Pretty stupid the way they've set it up. A fully silver WL would have been fun

• Registered Users Posts: 1,075 ✭✭✭Boulders8

No such luck for me - previewed a 5k and 7.5k pack and best was a 76 and 79 player.

The 82+ player pick is not bad though - done 6 and got 5 TOTs

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,193 ✭✭✭✭Cyrus

this is it for me, no more grinding or looking for players, messi is the icing, acuna and marquinhos swap positions.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,962 ✭✭✭Hogey007

Yep, def going for R9, I have 23 segments done. Should get the last 4 finished tomorrow

had to laugh, for 1 of the 92 squads I got a jumbo gold pack as the reward! Like wtf!!

we used to get a 100k pack for the 89 squads in icons and now a jumbo gold pack for a 92 squad 🤣

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 5,175 Mod ✭✭✭✭Mr Moon

Just when I think I'm out, they pull me back in!! All the Utd players they've released lately and then I pack Cavani and Wan-Bissaka on top of it.

Looks like the free content for Fifa 22 will be earned from Friday's promo.

This is what my Utd past and present team is looking like now. No room for Moments Cantona, Summer star Cavani or futties James.

upgrade incoming for Nani now as well

he will be some card

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,452 ✭✭✭✭Blazer

finally my son is good enough to win SB on world class :)

granted its sub 70 squads but god its good not to have to grind SB again.... although I think he's gone off the novelty of world class mode after a few matches :D as I'm starting to hear grumbles....as I said those dinners don't pay for themselves boyo :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,230 ✭✭✭Gyan84

Haven't played Fifa 21 at all this year but I have EA Access and saw there was objectives for rewards in Fifa 22 so decided to give it a go.

Got two player picks with Amazon Prime, first one was 95 Wijnaldum and the second was 99 Firmino 😁

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,435 ✭✭✭Josey Wales

I've only been playing FUT for the last few weeks, so some things are still unclear.

But how important is chemistry? Does it have a big impact on how your players perform? I played a game using a combination to give me 100% chemistry and I swear my team seemed to have more pace about it.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,355 ✭✭✭Jim Gazebo

The one day I have some time off, go to log in for a bit of a mess around and the servers are down for maintenance... Already gone over by a few hours as well.

chemistry is important, the impact of a chemistry style on a player depends on that players chemistry (see futbin for how that works). The better the players the less of an issue it is as stat boosts arent so nb

read this

https://www.fourfourtwo.com/features/fifa-21-chemistry-guide-everything-you-need-to-know-about-the-games-chemistry-system

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,222 ✭✭✭Calvin

Utd Ronaldo SBC incoming apparently. One to pull back in Hogey, TSC and the lads!

That’s music to my ears! I’ll be hanging around on fifa 21 so a 99 rated united Ronaldo will be ideal for both my main team and united team.

I did the R9 sbc and got zidane from icon swaps tonight so this is me now

I know some of my bench players like acuna or Atal are probably better cms than zidane but feck it, I don’t think I’ve ever even see either of them play in real life so I’d rather use zidane who I grew up watching

There’s a 99 CR7 Utd version in concepts and a pic of him in the SBC section of the loading screen.

Guess the games not done yet for me!!

• Advertisement

It’s available now - 14 squads -85, 86x2, 87x2, 88x2, 89x2, 90x3, 91 and 92

I’ve gotten through 4 of the 14 squads and I’ve **** all fodder left… ****.

I’ve the 5 highest rated squads done now with fodder, gonna drain my club. I’ve 5mil in the bank too so nothing else to do with those coins either.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,355 ✭✭✭Jim Gazebo

14 squads... It's kinda gone mad now or is it just me? Soon they'll be opening icons at the start of seasons with a 100 sbc to complete or something.

I mean, I’d rather that than how they went about it this season.

• Advertisement

Holy sh!t!! Two games of weekend league 7 goals! He’s unreal. Both games against decent opponents too.

I’ve 5 of the top ones done and scraping the barrel for fodder now.. waiting for a decent upgrade SBC on Sunday to throw my club into and finish it off.

7 games in weekend league with CR7 and I’m 7-0 (for the first time this year) and he has 17 goals 4 assists. He’s a beast!!

I’ve been grinding the 82+ PP this morning and results have been great. Before today I’d only done 2 and come out with an 82 and a 83 but done 4 more this morning and got a 92 Chancaly, 96 Sancho TOTs, 99 Firmino and 94 Dumfries

Yeah, I put in about 200-300 players into that upgrade and finished off the 7 or so remaining squads. Still have some fodder left over including a TOTS Lewa.

85+ SBC is incredible. Once you’ve done it once it’s just a fodder generator for every sbc.

l just Messi from scratch using it and trying to decide whether CR7 or R9 to do next,

I’m doing that too, but gonna do the PIM pick.. the others will take me way too long. Recycling 4x 92-90s and the rest 81-80 rated cards. Then putting the rest of the fodder into PIM pick.

edit: got Gullit! Not sure where to put the fodder next, this 85x10 is addicting.

Post edited by Calvin on

definitely the best SBC ever :) To be honest the last 3 months have been fun doing packs etc and building super teams. Its the first 9 months of fifa that sucks.

Completed Messi and Cruyff last night. Tempted to do R9 or Gullit now.

The high rated squads are a doddle to do. Its the lower ones with high chem that are a struggle.

Yup, I’m doing Pele now. Have the 90-89 squads all complete. Using common golds to pad out the SBCs.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,602 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

Running through the objectives for the FUT 22 packs, and have to say, I've enjoyed the chance to try out the abundance of cards I've packed over the last few weeks that I'd not have used otherwise. Playing the Italian teams or the German teams are actually fun.

I starting doing the icon pick ones.. Got Desailly, Shearer, Butre and then got Vieira to round it off.

I could do CR7 but I promised the young fella I'd do Messi and Cryuff for him. He nearly cried when he got up this morning and I gloatingly showed off Messi and Cruyff that I completed last night :D

Yeah I’m doing the same, undecided whether to go for gullit, maradona or pele.

none would actually make my starting 11 as crazy as it sounds but as I’ll be hanging around on fifa 21 I’ll use different teams etc.

I did the pim pick and got del piero as best do think I’ll just go for a specific player next

I’ve decided on Pele, wanna try get to 198 squad rating. Have 7 squads left for Pele.. just to find time to do them.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,602 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

Wow, you weren't kidding. Have half of Ronaldo done now, and have packed a few cards like Green KdB and Llorente I kind of want to try but couldn't be arsed buying.

Bloody hell though, I'm sick of Oblak and Reiner...

Also lads, I know it’s September but if anyone is short on coins buying gold packs at 5k Is very profitable.

common golds are selling at 1.8 to 2k or top leagues around 2.5k

so you’re generally making 2 to 3k on every pack you open.

plus you get an odd tots card.

im also keeping the 79 and 80 rated golds to fill the gaps on the pele and 85x10 sbc.

I have 9 segments of pele done now including the highest 6 and I’m actually up 300k since I started (and only using the fodder from 85x10 and common golds from gold packs)plus I’ve kept a lot of cards like 98 hazard and Toty Kimmich, tots goretzka that I’ll eventually use

Tell you what I have no ambition to play 22 with a common gold team this means you can have basically anyone in 21 now.

I always love the start of ultimate team when everyone’s still trying to adjust to the game, so I’ll still play 22. But this SBC is a great way to end UT, should be like this every year.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,965 ✭✭✭Liamalone

Ronaldo hat-trick on debut. Still, too little too late, the SBC was probably a mistake. Might buy 22 again when it's discounted but not before.

F off EA.

• Advertisement

gonna do CR7. Did Cryuff and Messi but not clicking with Cryuff and i hate Messi's low work rates. Plus having both means TOTY Bruno gets dropped and he's far better than them I find or more suited to my style.

I actually prefer the early teams to be honest. Having to work to your team's strengths and weaknesses, playing against opponents who actually have weaknesses. It all feels arcadey and generic when every single player on the pitch pretty much has 90+ in every relevant stat. The first few weeks are the best, 75 rated gold CMs running the midfield 😂

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,147 ✭✭✭piplip87

Agreed Gold rare teams are where its at. There's actually some kind of skill gap involved. I love FIFA up until TOTS usually just switch to seasons after that.

Completed Pele so not sure what to do with the fodder now… don’t want to do R9 as it takes ages and have Gullit already. Did 3 of the PIM picks but they were shite.

Ronaldo done...that sbc is ridiculous fun to do. this is the sort of stuff they should be releasing 3 months from end of the game cycle.

Throw up the remaining icon SBCs etc and let people grind them out whenever they can.

The only player i want now is Mbappe's toty card...prefer the look of it over my tots version.

its getting ridiculous now, icon picks were a bust but did them for free, have viera and half way through cr9, somewhere along the way i packed TOTY Mbappe dont even recall 😂

• Advertisement

Think this will be my final team, not much room for improvement! That SBC is ridiculous. Could craft any SBC you want if you have enough to do that SBC once as it gives you more fodder each time

Does anyone know what will be in packs tomorrow after season 8 ends? Will it still be best off, all cards or just revert to normal cards?

Still have a fair few high value packs, ie: Ultimates, Jumbo Rare Players, Rare Players and Rare Megas amongst others so deciding whether to have a pack fest tonight if everything is coming out of packs tomorrow or will hold on to some if it will continue as we are

folks whats the best league to use to pad out sbcs for chem at a low price?

I found the spanish league not too bad,....any league really that doesn't have an objective goal will always be cheaper.

Post edited by Blazer on

This is end game for me, ill do a few more icon moments picks (in case Pele or Maldini pop out) but the R9 grind killed me i wont be doing a massive sbc again

• Advertisement
Advertisement