Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

The Great Reset

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 17,765 ✭✭✭✭Dohnjoe

There are no radical changes. Paranoid people, impervious to basic logic/reason, are playing to their paranoid fantasies by reading into stuff that isn't there

Many posts back you asked for an explanation of why some batshiat blogger was talking nonsense and how whatever it is she was blathering about really worked. I took the time to explain it to you. You ignored it (as I knew you would) and moved onto the next insane nonsense thing to latch onto (as I knew you would)

The "Great Reset" and the WEF have been explained to you countless times on this forum, you aren't interested in facts/reason, you are only interest in your paranoid fantasies being validated. Once nothing comes of this, you'll get bored, create a new account and cling to whatever conspiracy trope comes along next year.

I keep asking why I don't set up some nutcase conspiracy site, I would get so many clicks, so easy to write utter garbage that these people latch onto like it's gospel

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 24,061 Mod ✭✭✭✭robinph

I'm sure I saw an article on BBC News last year about some guy who did just that with a news site because it was far easier to earn clicks from. Waterford Whispers, but less obviously a joke, and then the money rolled in.

I also have vague memories of seeing early things regarding the Q dumps and that it was clearly a spoof series of blogs by someone that was known to the person writing that article about it, then it disappeared from my consciousness for a while, but when it became a big thing it had morphed into now having been a lot more mysterious from the start and I could never find the stuff about it being a spoof again. Now that would be a conspiracy. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 3,213 ✭✭✭Mic 1972

Whether it's the great reset or not, someone would have to be blind for not seeing radical changes happening in society. Most of which unthinkable until 2 years ago.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,399 ✭✭✭✭Timberrrrrrrr

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,468 ✭✭✭Penfailed

Radical changes have always happened in society, since the beginning of society. The Industrial Revolution is one of the major, most well known ones.

Gigs '24 - Ben Ottewell and Ian Ball (Gomez), The Jesus & Mary Chain, The Smashing Pumpkins/Weezer, Pearl Jam, Green Day, Stendhal Festival, Forest Fest, Electric Picnic, Ride, PJ Harvey, Pixies, Public Service Broadcasting, Therapy?, IDLES(x2)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,213 ✭✭✭Mic 1972

• Registered Users Posts: 25,226 ✭✭✭✭King Mob

It's not a great reset as we've seen in the thread. No one has been able to actually point out what's supposed to be happening or why.

The closest we got was Gortanna suggesting that people were going to be turned into cyborgs. But he seems to have abandoned that idea because it's too obviously silly and it was embarrassing.

What radical changes are you referring to and what has it to do with the Great Reset?

We are (or were) all wearing masks, because there's a global pandemic. Many people have started working from home, because there's a pandemic.

Since this is a conspiracy theory forum, and people are always suggesting paranoid drivel, are you going to suggest there's something nefarious going on? or are you just pointing out the obvious things we are doing to counteract a global pandemic?

You keep saying there are no radical changes coming, but the head of WEF says there are.

Again:

Klaus Schwab: "Radical changes of such consequence are coming that pundits have referred to a 'before coronavirus, BC and 'after coronavirus' AC"

And you just dismissed the person as a 'loon'. You said nothing about what she was talking about, i.e. the Going Direct Reset.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 24,061 Mod ✭✭✭✭robinph

You seem to think that the WEF and the Klauss Schwab chap are in control of the world somehow.

All they are is making predictions of what might happen and thinking about the way that the world will be different in the future.

Why are you terrified of a group who is just trying to predict what might happen next? They are not saying that X will happen because they have determined it to be so, merely that X might happen and if so we should probably think about Y.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,482 ✭✭✭Fighting Tao

FFS @Gortanna. Why are you still scared of an 83 year old man? What does ha have to gain by controlling you? Why would he want to control you? He will probably be dead in a couple of years.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,453 ✭✭✭EyesClosed

What do you think he means?

You have not been able to say anything other... Maybe something bad is coming... What's coming? Why?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,685 ✭✭✭growleaves

'What does someone have to gain by controlling other people?' is something we hear a lot.

Yet dictatorships and people motivated by power have always existed.

Even if your own assumptions seem to exclude it from consideration as a motivation, history shows it is a motivation for some people.

Radical change according to reality: more people working at home instead of at the office

Radical change according to fantasists: a tyrannical "they" are coming to control us, something big and nefarious is just around the corner, etc, etc.

Do you believe that the World Economic Forum and Klauss Schwab are planning to organise a worldwide dictatorship?

A worldwide communist/nazi/satanic/cyborg dictatorship where everyone in the world will be divested of their property by 2030.

History shows we used to burn people for witchcraft, that doesn't mean our TD's obsess about it.

Here's a pattern for you: people who are paranoid of authority have filled this forum with spurious predictions and fantasies for 13 years, none of which have come true. What does that say to you?

OK. What radical changes. You were previously claiming to be reading his book about the "Great Reset".

You have not pointed to anything in that book that is objectionable to otherwise supports your silly and vague conspiracy theories. So what happened? Was that stuff just not in his book? Where you lying when you were claiming to read it?

How come you're still dodging questions?

Bit hypocritical of you to whinge about "dismissing" when you are actively avoiding 90% of the posts made to you.

Typical really.

Dohnjoe the things that have happened since this thread began, most recently unvaccinated people being banned from all or most employment in Singapore and part of Australia, show we are the midst of very extreme authoritarianism which none of us have lived through before.

I'm not sure why posters feel the need to man this forum and pour scorn on any discussion of conspiracies. Their basic stance looked far better two years ago.

Now you can open the paper to read Dan Andrews talking about the 'vaccinated economy' then flick over to this forum to see ridicule of 'spurious' and 'paranoid' fantasies of authoritarian overreach.

Uh huh. Yeah it's all a dream. And besides what reasonable person objects to blah blah blah etc., etc.

• Advertisement

He is 83. Most likely dead in a couple of years. Long before he can control any nation. So what does he have to gain?

Again the going theory in this thread is that there is a global conspiracy run by satanist/nazi/commies who plan to destroy the concept of ownership by 2030.

Do you believe that this is a reasonable thing to claim?

If not could you perhaps explain the reasonable version.

According to you, what is the Great Reset specifically?

Some companies are not allowing unvaccinated workers return to the office - there's a pandemic, passing Covid to a colleague can kill them. That's not "tyrannical", it's basic common sense. Many hospitals have had it in place for years.

This is a discussion for conspiracy theories (and associated paranoid views) but many of those who propagate these theories don't like discussion, they just want validation. Many clearly don't like the free speech aspect of posting on a public forum.

What authoritarian overreach in Australia? be specific

Please provide examples of this "very extreme authoritarianism" you are referring to?

Did anyone conspire to make those restrictions happen for some reason? Who was behind that and why did they bring about a global pandemic if they were only targeting Singapore with their plan to ban the unvaccinated from employment?

What do they have to gain from people in Singapore not being employed?

What does Singapore even have to gain from people not being employed?

Or is it maybe just a case of Singapore deciding that they really need those last few holdouts against vaccination to get a kick up the back side to pursuade them to be vaccinated for the good of the country?

That isn't a conspiracy, it's called governing. Might not be the right way to convince people to be vaccinated, but it's still not a conspiracy.

I'm not sure how free speech comes into it since it's not like I'm preventing you from posting on boards.

Barring people from employment is very extreme, especially since the risk from covid is both small and hypothetical (not strictly actual, only potential.) The protection from vaccines is only partial so we are comparing a % of risk versus another higher/lower % of risk. Very ambiguous, not at all stark enough to justify broadly taking away people's right to earn a living.

If you don't see that we won't agree on much or anything since our assumptions are too different.

Singapore and Victoria, Australia seem to be planning a wide employment 'lockout' (Dan Andrew's word) of uncompliant citizenry. Details haven't been finalised.

I don't like the interrogative posting style of this forum, so if you are firing multiple questions at me - a kind of hyper-Socratic method - don't expect to get them answered.

Make some points instead and I will be more likely to engage with you in a discussion.

OK, here's one question for you.

What is the conspiracy?

I have no idea who Dan Andrews is, but I had the gumption to see if the Singapore government are actively stopping people from working. https://www.mom.gov.sg/covid-19/advisory-on-covid-19-vaccination-in-employment-settings

Lol.

If it's one thing that's not allowed on the conspiracy forum, it's questions.

Perhaps if you cats didn't dodge them and whinge about how mean they sound, and answered them instead, they wouldn't pile up as much.

I made a point to you and you did not address it.

My point was that the conspiracy theory being proposed on this thread is very ridiculous and obviously not true.

I asked if you believed in that conspiracy theory, and if not, what version did you believe was reasonable.

Could you answer that point now?

If not, could you explain why you are not answering it?

• Advertisement

Their restrictions on employment are scheduled to become much tighter in January 2022. I don't have a link sorry, I was told this by someone who lives there.

Dan Andrews is the Premier of Victoria, a province of Australia which includes the city of Melbourne.

Advertisement