Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Mercedes EQE

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 310 ✭✭drumm23

Looks great.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,460 ✭✭✭Oafley Jones

Despite being 90+% similar design it seems far better than the s class. For some reason this looks less like a background vehicle in some 90s sci-fi movie.

• Registered Users Posts: 716 ✭✭✭UhOh

Interior looks class on this and the EQS. The exterior is just dreadful though, certainly in videos & pics anyway. Hopefully it might be a bit more pleasing to the eye in the flesh.

• Registered Users Posts: 891 ✭✭✭higster

Any guess on price?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,035 ✭✭✭BKtje

I bought an a class hybrid pretty much fully specced a year ago which i love to drive when in electric only mode. Hybrid mode is fine too but I miss the silence and smoothness when the petrol engine kicks in.

Ill be keeping a close eye on this and hope to get one depending on the price of the 4 wheel drive version. Ill give the rwd version a go as well.

With regards looks, I'll wait to see it in the metal before giving a verdict but it's not something super important to me.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 310 ✭✭drumm23

looks pretty great to me - the exterior is dull but that's the aero for you...

I actually saw an EQS in geneva airport a few weeks ago .... and it is MASSIVE - can't stress how big it is - looks tailored to American and Chinese markets; suspect the EQE will suit our roads and sensibilities somewhat better

• Registered Users Posts: 1,548 ✭✭✭celtic_oz

• Registered Users Posts: 3,513 ✭✭✭carsfan2

Just been told the Irish prices start at €88k for the 350

Didn’t think it’d be that high. 350 is listed at €67k on the Mercedes.de site, was thinking maybe mid-high €70s here.

• Advertisement

So it’ll be a mid 90’s car with metallic and amg line probably. Crazy money for a mid size executive car.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,126 ✭✭✭blingrhino

Porsche Taycan terrority at that price.

• Registered Users Posts: 500 ✭✭✭PaulJoseph22

Good to see the premium car makers making ev’s now.

main dealer told me, said there will be a slightly cheaper 300 variant but not much..

That’s a lot

easily 90k plus when you add delivery, metallic paint and any extras.

not exceptionally quick either.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,224 ✭✭✭Kramer

Add the 360 parking camera & adaptive cruise control/driver assist packages & you're well over €100,000 😮.

VRT on EVs here is very low too so we're into Paddy tax again.......celtic tiger boom times repeating again.

• Registered Users Posts: 64,774 ✭✭✭✭unkel

Didn't you pay similar money for a combustion engine BMW X5? At least with this Mercedes your fuel bill and your maintenance bill and your depreciation bill will be tiny, unlike the huge amounts you paid for your BMW...

This is an e class/5 series/Audi A6 competitor car.

Another words it competes in a 60k segment not a 100k bracket. The price of these cars is outrageous.

Had a flick through the configurator, not much included as standard, hard to know where this car sits or who’s going to buy one - 11 grand for that hyper screen…..

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 64,774 ✭✭✭✭unkel

It's a German car. The lack of standard features is brutal, just like any €100k BMW or Porsche EV. Active cruise control and lane keep assist are not even standard on those cars either which is a disgrace and an embarrassment. It was standard on the €25k Hyundai econobox EV that I bought over 5 years ago.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,154 ✭✭✭MarkN

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 38,440 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gumbo

The price is mind boggling.

The luxury is sublime though.

330bhp is meh!

WLPT of 700plus km is nonsense. It might do 600km.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,451 ✭✭✭rodge123

Absolutely hideous looking externally. Taycan and Etron GT miles better looking, model S too and the I4 although smaller and lower price point. I personally couldn’t drop 100k on something so ugly regardless of the range.

Be interesting to see will 100k be around the price point for the Audi A6 Etron and BMW I5…quite a jump from their ICE equivalents!

I’m sorry but 90k plus for a questionable looking electric e class when a diesel e220d for 60k looks better and has a real world range of 1000km.

I am not an advocate for diesel cars but it’s too big a price leap. It needs to be max 10k more expensive than combustion e class to be accessible.

I can’t see this clogging our roads in the near future.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,889 ✭✭✭kirving

A diesel E-Class isn't accessible to the vast majority of the general public either, at least not new. I'm not sure of the percentages bought as company cars, but it's certainly more than say a Golf would be. Mercedes, Electric, low BIK (for a while anyway), cheap to run - it'll sell well.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,224 ✭✭✭Kramer

I specced one up to €133k. It's insane money.

There's no USP here. It's just an e-class. It's not particularly fast, by EV standards & doesn't charge fast either. It's not 800v. Doesn't stand out in any way. Taycan = it's a Porsche! E-Tron GT = cool as f*uk. S-Class = pinnacle of Mercedes engineering/flagship & kudos. i4 M50 = it's a BMW & goes like stink.

E-class = relatively boring, middle of the road & bland, mile muncher.

At €100k+ & with DC fast charging hitting 50c/kWh+, diesels will still be the choice for business travellers/reps etc.

Not too long ago one could have had 4x new Ioniqs for less. They were very well specced, there was free & readily available DC charging & they charged faster (C rate).

TL;DR - I've just ordered one................................not!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,242 ✭✭✭brokenangel

You could of had 4 ioniq and the one Merc would be better 😂

• Registered Users Posts: 5,786 ✭✭✭Old diesel

The 86 k price version isn't the base model I understand.

There is a cheaper 300 version coming wheras the model at present is an EQE 350

And yes that 86 k is pre options but so is your e class example

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,786 ✭✭✭Old diesel

And as for the business use/sales rep examples...

How many of them are using 60 grand E class cars in the first place.

On high mileage operations you would likely be on subscriptions if you are actually rapid charging each day.

At under a fiver a month subscription on ESB eCars you can access a 50 kw charger for 39.4 cent per kwh.

That's for a normal Joe soap non Fleet account. I wonder will fleet use accounts become a thing (ie discounts for regular use).

Advertisement