Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Mercedes EQE

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 20 twoeyes

The discounted EQEs are pre-registered, (recently registered). I am told fresh registrations will go back to same price.

Does this make any difference, like in resale value of the car? Will I be the second owner and thus will have lower resale value? Any other considerations should I have before actually going for it? Of course current discount likely going to be higher than any other price impacts.

I was originally considering bmw i4/ix1 but the price drop made be consider eqe and it felt nice from inside.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,039 ✭✭✭joe1303l

I’d suggest you verify this with a few more Merc dealers. Some Dealers definitely registered a few in the last 2 weeks. Even if it is the case, I don’t think it would really matter for resale as long it has been “D” plated and has no mileage on it.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,476 ✭✭✭Buddy Bubs

I can't see them going back to same price. Why are they so heavily discounted in the first place?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,514 ✭✭✭carsfan2

Perhaps the dealerships are trying to get you to take a car they have in stock as opposed to having to order one and they still have the demo sitting on site..

they’re discounting so much because they basically can’t shift them at original asking prices.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,013 ✭✭✭Casati

Exactly - they ordered too many but likely won’t order to stock again? I like the look of them, wonder what motorway range driving 120kmph is?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 28,118 ✭✭✭✭drunkmonkey

Did you purchase? Had a good drive in one this morning, a very quite comfortable car.

The discount seems to be only on the pre reg ones, if you want to spec up a new one it starts at 80k+ which makes the pre reg ones very tempting as they're basically new.

• Registered Users Posts: 973 ✭✭✭AidenL

Im going to take a look at an EQE SUV at the weekend.

I have an X5 50e on order, but would save 20k odd by going for the Merc. But would i lose it at the far end come trade in time?

X5s are good to hold value, we dont know how any electric car will be in 3 years time.

If the Merc is just as good, I think you’re better off having the €20K in your back pocket. Trying to 2nd guess EV residuals is pretty impossible at the minute.

Are there discounts off the suv as well or just the pre reg saloons ?

• Advertisement

X5 is a different animal than the eqe, we nearly bought one when changing the other halves car, opted for an XC90 instead, 7yrs later and no regrets, probably keep it another 7, really is a great family all rounder that seems to be ageing well. That's her car though, I just borrow it when I need to move big stuff.

The eqe is very magic carpet like compared to an suv, was surprised how smooth on the road it was and that's after jumping out of my own car with air suspension to test drive it.

Doesn't seem to be much choice when looking at them, all priced around the same, couple with panoramic sunroofs or AMG kit, then it's down to the light or dark interior.

Not sure if it's better with or without the sun roof, thinking it might take from the ambient lighting.

Sound system is very good. I like the way you can swap your apps to either side of the screen was handy to have Spotify and Waze open at the same time.

Range wise, I had a good 30+ minute test drive on my own, still had 550km odd left when dropping it back. It seems like range isn't something that should bother you with one.

I'm tempted, all depends on cost to change which one I'd go for. Trade in prices are all over the place.

Is there anyone of the ones for sale at the moment you'd pick over the other?

What sort of range is possible with the suv version?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,460 ✭✭✭Oafley Jones

Quite like the look of the EQE SUV (what dafuq is up with the naming convention here), but are these riddled with subscription BS ie heated seats, lights, performance boost etc?

€75K+ seems to be where they are for new stock or pre-registered EQE SUV’s. This example has a few options ticked. https://www.donedeal.ie/view/35573552

I don't think I'd buy a full electric SUV, phev or diesel would be the way to go depending on use.

No we didn’t. We had a test drive and liked so many things about the car. We are seriously considering it but need to get over few things first

• Wife liked pearl grey and the model they have is costing 15k more.
    • Still need to have a test drive of i4 and iX2 to compare. We are out traveling so it’s causing some delay. But do not want to rush into it. Who knows they still might have discounts in April.
    • We loved white interiors but are not sure if with two kids we can maintain them.
    • Also as per simi data good few eqe were sold, I am yet to see one on the road. I have a slight concern if few years down the line the resale value further crashes.

Yeah there’s a 350 with air attic and awd which had a decent spec - trade in I’m offered is way lower than the BMW dealer though and the gmfv on the Merc is way lower as X5s do hold their value well.

What's the gmfv on the Merc? I didn't ask for finance figures on it, it's not costing me much to change.

Does the 300 not have air suspension as standard? Was watching one of the UK reviews and it said they do, could have been talking about the 350 though.

• Advertisement

I'd get over the colour for 15k, the white interior looks great, you could be right about the kids with it though.

Is the simi saying a lot sold this year, that would probably be all these pre regs, I think the amount for sale has halved though in a few months so people might be buying at this price.

Haven't driven the ix2 but the i4 feels a lot faster but also smaller. The range showing after a test drive in the i4 kinda through me off, doesn't appear to go as far.

It looks like Mercedes forced dealers to register them as they ordered in a lot of stock cars and didnt sell them at rrp, so it’s very much looking like a fire sell. I think at 65k for EQE and 75k for SUV depreciation is going to be very low- I could sell both of them holding 70% after three years.

Im not sure X5 depreciation will stay as good as it’s been - the 3.0d has jumped to mega bucks now - €120/130k so could deprecate by €20k Pa. The PHEV is low VRT and a lot are coming in from UK again driving down the used value of Irish ones

I think you are right, these might be preregistration cars. 168(154 estate, 14 saloon) were registered in 2023, and 113(104 estate, 9 saloon) in first two months of 2024.

Pre-registered cars I saw at the showroom were all saloon, so may be that data will reflect in April for March. Does that mean that only 23 saloon were sold on the island in 14 months?

I'd say they're down as estates but they're not. I've had a golf GTI down as an estate on the vlc so 168 sold last year. That's not bad sales numbers considering the cost. The i5 is really struggling in comparison if you look at what's registered and what's for sale.

If you look at vw Id sales they were all down as estates.

I think air suspension is a cost option.

the configurator wasn’t available last time I looked.

X5 prices used have been steady for a long time though, the phev can do 120km on a charge in this weather.

I haven’t seen the detailed figures yet, dropping in to the dealer tomorrow.

it was mentioned at 35%, X5 is around 50%, which I know is high, but would still be positive equity at trade in time.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,294 ✭✭✭beachhead

A relief to read here that Mercs with 2 and 3 owners are pre reg.I think I saw a 2022 with 3 owners!

I’m not actually going to the dealer tomorrow, I spoke to them today and they promised to email me figures before close of business today.

Nothing came, and to be honest, I haven’t had a great impression of customer service, or knowledge on the sales team in the Mercedes showroom. If they aren’t helpful now when I’m a potential customer, what would my chances be if I need service or a problem arose?

I think Mercedes aren’t what they used to be. Or maybe it’s the sales teams.

Either way, I think I’ll stick with the X5. There’s a reason the EQE is having a massive price drop.

• Advertisement

Are you trying to trade something they don’t necessarily want ? It may explain the lack of follow up to close out a sale.

Advertisement