Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Senior Executive Officer, Local Authority 2020

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 342 ✭✭flended12

I finished in the "next 200" and have not heard anything.

• Registered Users Posts: 13 greensoda

That´s weird, because I definitely would have been in that group and have not gotten an invided to proceed to do the video interview. Anyone else?

I queried above and this is what I received.

In batch 1 we called candidates placed 1-200 on the order of merit form Stage 1 online assessments.

A second batch of candidates, who placed between 201 and 359 (inclusive) on the order of merit from Stage 1 Online Assessments and who selected South Dublin, Dun Laoghaire-Rathdown, Laois and/or Westmeath County Council in their location preferences, were invited to complete Stage 2 online video interview. Candidates who placed between 201 and 1135 (inclusive) on the order of merit from Stage 1 Online Assessments and who selected Wicklow County Council in their location preferences, were also invited to complete Stage 2 online video interview.

Recently we have called a further batch of candidates, those who placed between 201 – 359 (inclusive) and who did not select one of the above local authorities, forward for stage 2.

We are currently making plans to invite additional candidates for other specific locations to the next stages and we hope to issue an update to candidates in relation to this over the coming weeks.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,579 ✭✭✭prettyboy81

• Registered Users Posts: 40 Sixofone

I just got notification about this today. I applied so long ago I couldn't even remember it! Coincidentally I attended a training course on these types of interviews a couple of weeks ago, from recollection I think the recommendation was that the split in the three mins should be 45 seconds on your background, 1.5 mins on the example, 30 seconds on what you learned from it and 15 seconds how you would apply this knowledge to the role (you are applying for).

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13 greensoda

Thanks that´s great advise. Do you think you should still summarise your overall experience even when the question states please give a specific example?

I think it's to frame your experience to the context of the question, ie you are tee-ing up your example. Your intro should also provide some of the background to the example and the trainer stressed to keep this simple and as non-jargonny as possible.

• Registered Users Posts: 43 HelloPeeps

Hi, Do you mind me asking where you got your training and would you recommend it? I've struggled in the past to translate private sector experience into the competencies they are looking for. I think some coaching might help

• Registered Users Posts: 47 heffo1

Hi there, I received an email for stage 2 to complete the video interview, its just for Dublin City Council though, does anyone know where they have reached for Galway City or County councils? Thnanks!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 281 ✭✭AlkalineAcid

How did you get on, Heffo? It was strange talking to a camera without a person on the other side of the conversation. Hopefully we hear soon about the next stage for better or worse.

I'm surprised by the contrast in activity between this thread and the AP 2021 thread. Makes me wonder if most who applied last summer have moved on and forgotten about the competition!

• Registered Users Posts: 37 Findlk

Did the stage 2 video last week. Had previously done one for AP competition. Went with a script this time round rather than free flowing. hard tot know which is best.

Best of luck, did video interview myself it’s certainly a unique process of selection.

How long until we hear will be dependent on how many video interviews there are to assess, I suppose. Seems a large cohort called forward but no idea actually how many will have participated in this stage.

Would hope to hear results for this towards the end of this week, or early next week. The AP one was 3 weeks between closing date and results.

Looks like this will be mid October now!

Sure no too far away.

• Registered Users Posts: 47 heffo1

Sorry just replying to this now, was very strange talking to a camera without a person alright, hard to know whether it went well or not! Got the message on public jobs yesterday that results will be out in October, so fingers crossed!

Thankfully called through to interview. Last interview date is 23rd of November. Fingers crossed for some good news before Christmas!

There seems to be a good few days of interviews. Best of Luck.

Did anyone get called for final interview for Meath or Carlow Co Council?

Was offered the option to take an Irish Assessment by asynchronous interview. Has anyone sat one, and have any advice/ guidance?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1 Da_Weasel

Received an offer, not my first preference, has anyone received offers from Dublin LA's in the last few days

Interview Board out, I wonder if there are one or two boards?

• Registered Users Posts: 1 MissP68

Any idea how many for interview in this round? One or two boards?

• Registered Users Posts: 2 crazybuns

Does anyone know what the pay scale is for this? and if there many vacant posts in Donegal?

• Registered Users Posts: 4 Ems85

Just got notification yesterday that I am through to stage 2 for this - had forgotten about this comp and not looking forward to the video interview process!

• Registered Users Posts: 699 ✭✭✭Cushtie

Same here. I thought I was so far down the list from the Initial test that would be that.

Can't even remember applying for this competition.

Would anyone be able to put up the booklet for this if you have it please.

• Registered Users Posts: 6 kelgirl

You can get booklet by emailing PAS directly.

• Advertisement

Advertisement