Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Senior Executive Officer, Local Authority 2020

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2 Flaneur1

Does anyone know how many were interviewed in the end?

• Registered Users Posts: 2 Flaneur1

Also - new to this whole panel thing. Do you get notified if your position changes on a particular panel?

• Registered Users Posts: 106 ✭✭tungsten

No - unfortunately not
    You have to email PAS to get on update on your position

Has anyone cleared yet for SEO?

• Registered Users Posts: 337 ✭✭lucat

I just got an email saying I'm being called to stage 2, but only for my last CoCo choice. I'm kind of regretting putting that choice down now if I'm being honest!

• Registered Users Posts: 1 Seethat21

lucat wrote: »
    I just got an email saying I'm being called to stage 2, but only for my last CoCo choice. I'm kind of regretting putting that choice down now if I'm being honest!

Hi I just got an email also, tbh I totally forgot about it all. Wondering what to do.

After reading the comment threads on the interview process seems like I may need to do a lot of thinking. The industry I’m in is completely different to the role I applied for but I have run my own business for the last 10 years + just wanted a change.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 116 ✭✭Redchick

I got an email also, looks like for two different areas.

Redchick wrote: »
    I got an email also, looks like for two different areas.

Hi - just wondering what counties you got called for?

tungsten wrote: »
    Hi - just wondering what counties you got called for?

I've attached a screenshot of the counties and oom being called forward😊

I've attached a screenshot of the counties and oom being called forward😊

best of luck :)

tungsten wrote: »
    best of luck :)

Thanks a mil😊

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 734 ✭✭✭doughef

Presumably it’s a live interview, or is it just an an online questionnaire type thing ?

doughef wrote: »
    Presumably it’s a live interview, or is it just an an online questionnaire type thing ?

Apparently you record your answers & upload them.

Seethat21 wrote: »
    Hi I just got an email also, tbh I totally forgot about it all. Wondering what to do.

After reading the comment threads on the interview process seems like I may need to do a lot of thinking. The industry I’m in is completely different to the role I applied for but I have run my own business for the last 10 years + just wanted a change.

Are you going ahead with it Seethat? I'm trying to prepare my answers now but I find the process very very boring, and it's hard to stay on task. I'm also finding it hard to focus on the camera when I'm reading. May need to memorise my answers...ugh.

Are you going ahead with it Seethat? I'm trying to prepare my answers now but I find the process very very boring, and it's hard to stay on task. I'm also finding it hard to focus on the camera when I'm reading. May need to memorise my answers...ugh.

Same here! It's so difficult and my brain hurts from trying to make sure I hit all the competencies. Have a feeling I'm going to fall well short because I'm really struggling to translate my existing experience (clincial/Healthcare Management) to something relatable for LA.

Same here! It's so difficult and my brain hurts from trying to make sure I hit all the competencies. Have a feeling I'm going to fall well short because I'm really struggling to translate my existing experience (clincial/Healthcare Management) to something relatable for LA.

Oh I just paraphrased the examples of competencies I gave in the application form. But I had to read them out which I probably shouldn't have done! I can imagine clinical experience would be difficult to translate into competencies alright, the priorities are totally different.

Oh I just paraphrased the examples of competencies I gave in the application form. But I had to read them out which I probably shouldn't have done! I can imagine clinical experience would be difficult to translate into competencies alright, the priorities are totally different.

Totally, like I know I've got all the key competencies but I'm stuck in my own head.

Best of luck with it😁

What is the timeline for the results at this stage? I've already heard back about an internal competition and I submitted the application the day before I did the Sonru interview.

What is the timeline for the results at this stage? I've already heard back about an internal competition and I submitted the application the day before I did the Sonru interview.

Would be interested to know also. I think they took around 3-4 weeks last time..
    I have to say I hated doing the video, would have rathered a written test��. It was blatantly obvious that I was reading something!

Would be interested to know also. I think they took around 3-4 weeks last time..
    I have to say I hated doing the video, would have ratcheted a written test😂. It was blatantly obvious that I was reading something!

God a month seems so long when it's only to get to stage 2!

God a month seems so long when it's only to get to stage 2!

Was the video interview not stage 2? And how many stages are there? I thought the face to face (remote) interview was the final stage.

But yup a month is ages alright. Maybe someone who's already been through the process will let us know👍

• Advertisement

Was the video interview not stage 2? And how many stages are there? I thought the face to face (remote) interview was the final stage.

But yup a month is ages alright. Maybe someone who's already been through the process will let us knowðŸ‘

Tbh I'm not sure, you might be right. I think the interview is the next & last stage, whatever number it is. I doubt I got through but I'd prefer the hammer to fall quickly!

Tbh I'm not sure, you might be right. I think the interview is the next & last stage, whatever number it is. I doubt I got through but I'd prefer the hammer to fall quickly!

Im feeling the same to be honest! Hope we hear soon. Good luck with it anyway��

• Registered Users Posts: 1 sancos

I believe the results of the video interviews will be released early this week.

• Registered Users Posts: 1 B.A R.

I went through the process already. There are 3 stages:

(1) Psychometric Test
    (2) Video Upload
    (3) Final Interview via Zoom

In the first tranche of 200, the number was whittled down to 93 after video upload and 50 qualified after final interview.

Best of luck!

B.A R. wrote: »
    I went through the process already. There are 3 stages:

(1) Psychometric Test
    (2) Video Upload
    (3) Final Interview via Zoom

In the first tranche of 200, the number was whittled down to 93 after video upload and 50 qualified after final interview.

Best of luck!

Thanks a mil for that info. Just waiting on thr notification now. Although I don't think I'll make it through to final stage. Will definitely be much better prepared for the next campaign😊

• Registered Users Posts: 1 Duty of Care

Is anybody else having difficulty in establishing how this panel system works or how things are moving along, i.e. how many offers have been made, how many have been refused etc?
    It's like trying to get blood out of a stone .

• Registered Users Posts: 37 2020Survivor

Did anything happen with this competition after the first 200 people were called forward, does anyone know? I haven’t heard anything and with my OOM I would have been expecting to have heard something further on this competition long ago let alone at this stage. Weird competition this.

Hi

They recently called the next 200 to proceed to do the one way interview (2nd stage). Deadline 26th or 27th July to do that.

• Registered Users Posts: 37 2020Survivor

Thanks for the update. Any idea if they only called people for certain local authorities?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 281 ✭✭AlkalineAcid

I can't find the information booklet for this competition. Could someone post it please?

I want to know how long the competition and panels will last. Does anyone know?

Advertisement