Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Weekend photos

Comments

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 14,785 Mod ✭✭✭✭AndyBoBandy

neris wrote: »
    Was a long day. Think we gave up about 5 after getting around the 2nd virtal mark heading back towards kish and still had to motor 2.5 hours home.

I saw a funny one on facebook from Prof O'Connell where he said they gave up at 11pm after having their 2nd 'should we anchor' discussion... :D:D

• Registered Users Posts: 20,026 ✭✭✭✭neris

We figured we wouldnt be finished till after 11 at the earliest and was easier to head home, dont even know if we,d have had enough chain and warp to anchor.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 8,766 Mod ✭✭✭✭mossym

sunset in a very busy garrykennedy was stunning on saturday night.

3z2jEQOl.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 28,668 ✭✭✭✭HeidiHeidi

I saw a funny one on facebook from Prof O'Connell where he said they gave up at 11pm after having their 2nd 'should we anchor' discussion... :D:D
    We had one anchor discussion on the way out when we started going backwards at the Muglins, but we managed to weasel our way out of it.

The tide was still flooding at 11pm, dunno why they'd have been considering anchoring? :confused:

Friday & Saturday morning

20210611-101258.jpg
    20210611-104753.jpg
    20210612-053518.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 533 ✭✭✭Daibheid

neris wrote: »
    Friday & Saturday morning
    ]

Was that part of the Dingle to Dublin race? Nice shots anyway.

Yeah the 1st 2 were on the way in Friday and last was leaving Saturday morning.

20210623-161251.jpg

Down in Kinsale last week and these lads were around one of the mornings on the way out to the start area.

2 from last Saturdays Isora (YOYO catching lobsters for dinner) and Illen moored up outside Howth last night on a low tide

Sorry about the sideways pics but I cant seem to edit or delete them or delete the post

• Advertisement

amazing weeking in a packed Mountshannon, was great to see the harbor full of happy boaters, lots of privates and rentals around, and apart from one ignorant &*%k on a rental boat (full of otherwise sound folk) the boating community was as welcoming and friendly as always. we're relatively new to it all but coming away from every weekend with new friends made.

A lovely weekend for an overnight trip down to Greystones….

Bit of a motor sail down and a motor all the way back unfortunately due to the light winds…. But so what? We got there and back in good time…. Pushed into a bit of a tide from Malahide down as far as The Muglins, but had it with us all the way back yesterday…..

It’s weather like this that makes having a boat worthwhile….

We’re on 2 weeks holidays in 2 weeks, so “praying” for some similar-ish weather then……

exact same situation here, holidays up the shannon in mid august. hoping some level of weather holds.

We were going to book the Shannon again this year, but got burned (drenched) last year..... so didn't want to book anything (also due our 2nd Covid jabs the 1st week we are off). The plan is to float around, and if we get a half decent weather window, head up or down the coast for a few days...

I can't complain too much, we've had the boat out almost every weekend and gotten some amazing weather. Would be nice not to have 10 days of rain though

Saturday morning not a breath of wind in the bay but the incinerator was getting wind high up

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 15,676 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tabnabs

What's the story with Greystones Marina, are they busy/full? What are the facilities like? A good marina to visit with family?

Its seemingly a little bit pricy at €4/M, but in general it's a very nice marina. You'll always get a spot there. The morning I went down I called ahead and the marina/harbour master said there'd be no issues getting a space and that he's never turned a boat away yet... The shower block is up next to the office, and has 3 good sized shower rooms. They've added on the additional pontoon fingers since our first visit in 2019, so it's up to its full size now. The harbour walls are fairly high, so there's great shelter once inside.

We've been there twice, and the most recent time, had our 6yo son with us. Its about a 10 minute walk up to the town, but you also have places to eat, as well as coffee & ice cream places very close to the marina. Theres the immediate beach inside the harbour as well as the bigger beach outside, just to the south.

On the recent trip the restaurants were all fairly busy as indoor dining hadn't opened yet and it was during the 'heatwave' we had in July, but we still managed to get a spot at a nice place down at the bottom of the town, the 1st time we were there we ate in a lovely Tapas bar.

We love it, and cant wait to get back again as it's just the right cruising distance for us from Malahide, and Greystones is a lovely little town.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 15,676 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tabnabs

Brilliant, thanks very much for that. I have only walked the harbour so far and never been in by boat. Must find an excuse to go by sea next time.

• Advertisement

A few from the last week

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 17,623 Mod ✭✭✭✭DOCARCH

Great day for the Kish Race today,

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 17,623 Mod ✭✭✭✭DOCARCH

Not quite the weekend! Took the opportunity this morning to move my boat from DunLaoghaire to its new home in Greystones Marina. Nice trip down. No sailing though as pretty much head wind all the way!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,078 ✭✭✭fenris

Welcome to Greystones!

I will keep an eye out for you, I have a Beneteau First 25.7 called Serindip on B16, pop over and say hello!

• Registered Users Posts: 533 ✭✭✭Daibheid

Just departing Cape Clear and met the Baltimore AWLB inbound. VHF traffic revealed they were doing a medical evac but while it all sounded low key, it's reassuring to know these folks are on call 24/7 in all weathers.

On the beach in malahide. Duno if its there purposely or broke its mooring

That’s that big steel think from Riga, Latvia!!! Called Nerijia!

It was lying dormant on a mooring for a good few years, and then last year I saw a few lads on board with car batteries, so looking like they were trying to pump water out or something!!!

looks like she’s had a recent paint job too as she was never that clean!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,208 ✭✭✭rje66

They were painting the bottom last week!!! I

• Advertisement

Found this for sale ad in an old Yachting World. Originally NCB Ireland. Ended up in Greece as a familys racer cruiser who were the sellers in the ad

Advertisement