Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Weekend photos

Options
1121314151618»

Comments

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 14,902 Mod ✭✭✭✭AndyBoBandy

Yeah, She's not a Poolbeg boat, so could only be Clontarf if she broke a mooring..

Definitely not a Poolbeg boat... I'm still in contact with a few lads who are/were involved in Poolbeg and it's not a Poolbeg boat, so must be Clontarf..

If she broke loose and drifted down from Poolbeg, surely the VTS station would have seen it and perhaps sent out a boat to arrest the drift...

• Registered Users Posts: 533 ✭✭✭Daibheid

You would have hoped but not in the dark or indeed some of the visibility recently with rain and/or fog. Also with the very strong Northerlies etc it would have been driven across the channel in minutes.

Sad for the owner although it seemed to have weathered the bouncing on the rocks and sink from being tilted and swamped rather than burst open. So it might be salvageable - if it survives being removed from the channel which I suspect will be brutal.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,036 ✭✭✭✭neris

• Registered Users Posts: 654 ✭✭✭Mick Tator

Well, with a jib that size he won’t be worried about the ability of the halliard to support him!

• Advertisement

I need a new VHF aerial installed... I wonder is he free this weekend?

I hate heights and that to me is torture

Maltese Falcon

Saturday night sunset

• Advertisement

J class at anchor a few weeks ago

And the impounded/seized Alfa Nero

Jeez neris, you really are rubbing our noses in it!😉

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 17,705 Mod ✭✭✭✭DOCARCH

First outing of the season and a stunning day for it too. Sailed down (from Greystones) to Arklow.

Lovely day for it yesterdy unlike last weekend

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 17,705 Mod ✭✭✭✭DOCARCH

Could see a lot of activity (a lot of sails) in Dublin Bay yesterday (from Greystones).

Isora coastal race was on and went to Bray & the Kish and there was an inter club championship on aswell.

Was a fire on Bray head which was surprising after all the rain we've had

That explains a lot!

I was supposed to be going to town (i.e. Dublin) yesterday but DART was off between Greystones/Bray due to a reported fire. Went up on balcony (with binoculars) to look for evidence of said fire (did not see smoke and didn't believe it after all the rain….just thought it was lazy Irish Rail!). Got distracted and focused on all the boats sailing below Dalkey Island into Killiney Bay.

All explained now! 😀

The anchorage in the bight between Sorrento Point and Hawk Cliff was busy on Sunday. The George had launched the previous(?) weekend, and it was the first sunny day. A French yacht.'Eden' anchored there for a couple of days. She's now off St. John's Point per AIS.

Advertisement