Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Spider-Man: No Way Home *spoilers from post 185*

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 45,552 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Nice Guy

I really hate Tom Holland's Spider-Man. Suppose it's not the chap's fault but the writing for the character is absolutely abysmal. All this 'Hi, Sir', 'thank you, sir'. It does my head in. The way they made the character Iron Boy Junior was infuriating to me as someone who grew up in the 90s and remembers Spidey as THE Marvel character. The Secret Wars arc in the 90s animated series is exactly how Spider-Man should behave around other heroes. A respectful yet confident young man. Sadly, he seems just as pusillanimous in this trailer as in the Avengers movies. I hope Maguire is in this as it would be nice to see a Spider-Man that behaves like a man and not a mouse. I didn't rate his film much at the time it came out but I watched it back a few months ago and found I enjoyed it a lot more.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,793 ✭✭✭FunLover18

I could be wrong but isn't this exactly how they solved the Spider-Man reveal in the comics after Parker went public in Civil War? I hope they add context because I agree it seems out of character but judging by how it happens it seems that Peter's own internal conflicts leads to the mess hat follows.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,269 ✭✭✭✭pjohnson

Yep it seems a sort of translation of the comics "One More Day" story.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,330 ✭✭✭✭Penn

In the comics he makes a deal with Mephisto (basically the Devil) and doesn't involve the multiverse (as far as I remember). So it's definitely taking inspiration from it but making pretty big changes to it too

As for why Strange would be so careless as to do it, in his own film it definitely came across that he can be pretty egotistical. He likely goes ahead with it out of pure ego (especially booned by his plan in putting the events of Endgame in motion) thinking he can handle it.

I wouldn't rule something like that out. It seems strange (pun unintended) that it's snowing inside the New York sanctum.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 23,269 ✭✭✭✭pjohnson

No multiverse in comics no.

Mephisto's deal with Peter is that Meph takes away Peters marriage to MJ in return for then saving Aunt May's life.

MJ then made an adjacent deal with Meph to re-hide Peters identity.

A few random events happen aswell (I think Goblin returns from death due to a "butterfly effect" stopping him dying, and a few other Sinister Six pop up with alternate personalities/escaped from prison etc.)

• Registered Users Posts: 18,098 ✭✭✭✭RobbingBandit

Really hoping for an array of villains that end up getting their own TV show or films out of this.

Spider-man has such a pantheon that could cross exist in both the Sony Spider-man universe and the MCU. I need more Kingpin he is such a great villain doesn't need to be rebooted neither even if he just pops up briefly in this along with some of the others get him on the big screen fighting the heroes or pulling the strings of the sinister six and it will be a gamechanger.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,387 ✭✭✭Riddle101

I like to think that what we are seeing in these movies is his development into a confident Spider-Man. I mean he's still in high school so I always just took it as him being in that teenage phase where he is unsure of himself and trying to figure things out. I could be wrong but if Tom is in it for the long haul then we could probably see a version of Secret Wars in a future movie where Tom is leading the squad.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,306 ✭✭✭✭Drumpot

Loved Molina as Doc Ock, him and Defoe were the best SM villains on screen for me. A thing that brings them back is ok in my book. Looking forward to this now, prob first marvel movie I’ve actually been looking forward to since endgame.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,894 ✭✭✭✭flazio

There's no guarantee they'll use Defoe as Green Goblin. They might bring in Mark Rolston (PS4 Norman) or some stylised version of the Spider verse Goblin.

It'd be kinda cool if we just briefly see those being pursued by a Spider-man in the Advanced suit (white spider decal) voiced by Yuri Lowenthal. Anyway I digress.....

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 85,450 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

Can we expect an Eddie Venom appearance cameo

• Registered Users Posts: 60,392 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

Empire magazine has it's preview special out on this and reveals more appearances from the other two film series.

Thomas Haden Church and Rhys Ifans are confirmed to reprise their roles as Sandman and Lizard

Liz question for you why do you keep posting spoilers across threads without giving any context to them? foolishly i clicked on the one you posted in the Eternals thread and ruined any surprise i might have gotten watching the movie.

This is not just Liz by the way others also post spoilers without context it is just a terrible thing to do i think.

Post edited by [Deleted User] on

• Registered Users Posts: 2,459 ✭✭✭Niska

So villains wise:

Doc Ock - confirmed (from trailer)

Sandman and Lizard - confirmed above

Electro - confirmed from lightning in trailer and Empire cover - but not confirmed Jamie Foxx reprising role (lighning is not the blue from AS2)

Green Goblin - confirmed from pumpkin bomb in trailer, but not confirmed Willem Defoe (and maybe it's Hobgoblin)

Vulture - possible - lego set

That's a list of villains in the movie. New spoiler method making it difficult to be out this context before the spoiler

Sorry as I assume no one would read a spoiler post if not wanted to know or not seen the film first yet

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 35,941 CMod ✭✭✭✭pixelburp

Sure but a little preamble and context then gives the user the choice to decide if it's a detail worth spoiling, or aspect they care about 🙂🙂

• Registered Users Posts: 37,950 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

Heads are going to hurt, technically all the characters from both McGuire's and Garfield's version of Spider Man are part of the same universe meaning they will all in be part of the MCU. Unless there may be some dark magic type thing with only some of the characters joining

• Registered Users Posts: 60,392 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

I give up as well now with all these spoilers without context.

Is it that hard to add a little context.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 22,671 CMod ✭✭✭✭Sad Professor

I never thought I'd say this but I miss the old spoiler tags...

• Advertisement

What's wrong with current spoiler tags?

No spoiler below BTW

Easy enough to write outside the spoiler to give context

You could put spoilers mid sentence with the old ones you could even put one word as a spoiler if you wanted, These spoilers are terrible.

You mean that you can not spoiler a single

word?

And just carry on as normal?

There is no excuse for not being able to spoiler things, while giving context to the spoiled topic, outside the tag...

like this

• Registered Users Posts: 8,922 ✭✭✭EoinMcLovin

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 35,941 CMod ✭✭✭✭pixelburp

Right, so they're not even being coy at this stage; talk of spoilers feels redundant when the studio start of openly promoting the surprises . I'm presuming all these cameos will be in the climactic final battle when the multiverse goes tits up.

So

Electro and Sandman

pretty much confirmed now. I wonder will they update the GG costume.

And a certain Green Goblin but not sure if it's the William Defoe version

Haha that's the costume I was referring to, it looks the same but it's impossible to zoom in on to get a proper look.

I'm just going to go with the flow and not over think timelines and alternative outcomes etc

You'd be pulling your hair out trying to figure it out

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,168 ✭✭✭The White Wolf

I think Goblin's look in that poster won't be the look, from what I've heard it will be a slight variation. But no harm throwing the old design in just to increase excitement without giving anything away.

Advertisement