Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Spider-Man: No Way Home *spoilers from post 185*

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 28,786 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

I've seen this and other headlines about the film. Is this going to be another example of them giving away a lot of surprises before release? Even if you want to avoid them the only way is to not got to any entertainment website as they usually have a headline like that Doc Ock one.
    "<Insert name> Returning for Spider-Man 3"

I'm also suspecting a fair few of these may amount to very brief cameos rather than extended screen time.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,909 ✭✭✭✭2smiggy

an 'into the spider verse' live action attempt !?

• Registered Users Posts: 13,563 ✭✭✭✭peteeeed

I'm also suspecting a fair few of these may amount to very brief cameos rather than extended screen time.

the band is getting back together
    Tobey mcguire and Andrew Garfield

https://collider.com/spider-man-3-cast-doc-ock-alfred-molina-andrew-garfield/

• Registered Users Posts: 7,423 ✭✭✭Hande hoche!

Will Topher Grace get a call?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 84,825 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

So we have 3 Spidermans and Daredevil

• Registered Users Posts: 28,786 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

Turns out they can't fit Tim Holland into this film

• Registered Users Posts: 60,274 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

Spider-Man No Way Home.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,299 ✭✭✭santana75

If it's even half as good as Into the spider verse then it'll be well worth the price of admission.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,739 ✭✭✭✭Busi_Girl08

2smiggy wrote: »
    an 'into the spider verse' live action attempt !?

Or maybe mixed in the animated world Space Jam/Roger Rabbit style?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 31,816 ✭✭✭✭gmisk

• Registered Users Posts: 19,909 ✭✭✭✭2smiggy

great news, the last 2 live action Spider Man movies were great. As was 'enter the spider verse'

• Registered Users Posts: 84,825 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

CastorTroy wrote: »
    Turns out they can't fit Tim Holland into this film

As long as Tom Holland is in don't mind Tim missing :P

• Registered Users Posts: 6,793 ✭✭✭FunLover18

• Registered Users Posts: 60,274 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

• Registered Users Posts: 2,372 ✭✭✭kerplun k

ah man, why did they stick that Marvel grey filter onto sam raimis movie? It’s probably my own fault for thinking that Disney would have allowed raimi to put some colour into it.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,753 ✭✭✭✭expectationlost

has Doc Ock had work done?

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 29,081 CMod ✭✭✭✭johnny_ultimate

Raimi didn’t make this one, he’s directing the next Doctor Strange.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,761 ✭✭✭Effects

There's only one Spiderman 3

Teaser trailer my ass, they practically showed the entire movie.

And what I just saw, I'm really not sure about. There's very much a JJ Abrahms feel about it, and not the good kind. Altering space-time through the power of magic? Really?

I said this to someone just the other day, the Marvel movies I enjoyed the most were all where the main character I was never interested in in the comics. E.G:

Ironman 1

Black Panther

All the Avengers films

Dr Strange

Ive been a major Spider-man fan for over 30 years and hated all his movies, with the exception of Sam Raimi's second attempt(which was OK) and Into the Spider-verse(which was terrific). The Avengers version of Spider-man with nano tech courtesy of Tony Stark, meh. And I'm sorry but in no universe should the character of Aunt May be played by the ridiculously good looking Marisa Tomei.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,372 ✭✭✭kerplun k

whoopsie-daisy. My comment on the gray filter remains unchanged.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 35,941 CMod ✭✭✭✭pixelburp

Whatever about filters, I always have trouble seeing Spider-Man in any environment or location other than New York. He feels like a MCU character whose "thing" is intrinsically tied into a place as well as abilities. Just feels weird to me, watching him swing around Venice, or space! Homecoming worked partly because it kept the friendly neighborhood Spider-Man in the neighborhood.

Holland has nailed the part though, love his physical energy; was a great piece of casting.

@johnny_ultimate could we rename the thread to the actual name please?

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 29,081 CMod ✭✭✭✭johnny_ultimate

Oh for sure. I’d actually say the two Spider-Man films have been among the most anonymously directed of the MCU films - really no particular visual style or energy to them at all. The Raimi Spider-Man films are flawed (especially the third 😅) but they do have a certain comic book exuberance and vibrancy. I’ll be curious to see how his MCU film looks - his Oz film shows Raimi can very much get lost in modern blockbuster blandness, but he does have a proven affinity for comic book fare.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 35,941 CMod ✭✭✭✭pixelburp

Going by precedent, I imagine the Dr. Strange sequel will look like a Sam Raimi film during the scenes that aren't the action set pieces. Though the given Strange has the more psychedelic FX perhaps he'll have more creative control.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 22,668 CMod ✭✭✭✭Sad Professor

More anonymously directed than Iron Man 1-3, Avengers 3-4, Captain Marvel and well basically everything except Thor 3, GOTG and at a stretch BP? I am not sure that's possible!

I actually find Watt's first Spider-Man more distinctive than most of the other MCU films. The sequel somewhat less so. It certainly isn't more blandly directed than the others, Watts just isn't well known compared to Favreau, Whedon etc. However I definitely agree that this entry looks bland but that's possibly just due to trailer editing or the fact that this is the ninth, tenth (?) Spider-man movie in 19 years.

• Registered Users Posts: 37,713 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

I really hope we get camoes from the old spider man trilogy (both Tobey Mcguire and Andrew Garfield versions)

Anyone else think this multi verse thing could 1 and done kind of deal.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,100 ✭✭✭✭pjohnson

Dr. Strange 2 is titled "Multiverse of Madness" so it'll at least make it to Stranges next appearance anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,744 ✭✭✭FortuneChip

It seems a bit suspect that the entire conflict of a movie can be brought about by the heroes self-interest.

I'm struggling to get why Strange would be so careless to go ahead with this.

And that the details (Oh, but don't make MJ & Ned forget) wouldn't be ironed out prior to him actually being mid-spell.

That said, do hope we get some fun cameos, and Sinister Six action.

As the Pitch Meeting writer character says "... so the movie can happen". It does seem a little sloppy but hopefully the scenes with Strange add a little more context

• Advertisement
Advertisement