Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Lifetime VPN €14

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,414 ✭✭✭✭TheDriver

Nigzcurran wrote: »
    Cheers that’s coming up at $40?

Did u use the code?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,715 ✭✭✭Nigzcurran

TheDriver wrote: »
    Did u use the code?

Aha cheers sorry I knew I was missing something! I have this on a free 6 month trial and it seems to be top class on anything I’ve tried it on, I see in the comments section on hotukdeals some people say it’s actually only a 5 year deal?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,439 ✭✭✭NewClareman

TheDriver wrote: »
    https://www.security.org/vpn/vpn-unlimited/review/

Interesting article. Like most here, I only use it on streaming devices and the odd time on phone so they'll never get any useful data bar watch histories however you may need to be cautious if you're using it for protecting your data.

That site appears to be nothing more than a marketing and referral operation. They talk big, but their biographies suggest that they have no meaningful expertise in IT security. Even if they did, it is not possible to make any meaningful security assessment of a VPN, without deep access to the operation.

Using any public VPN service increases your security risk immensely. Not only are you at the mercy of the VPN provider, but such services are prime targets for criminals and state actors. Worst case, any unencrypted information on your device could be at risk.

I posted an article on VPN security, in a post last week. Some VPN's routinely suck all available information from your device including your location, device ID, browsing history and god knows what else. By the way, just because a VPN provider says they don't keep logs is no guarantee that they, or a third party, don't maintain a record.

IMO using a VPN on a device with sensitive information, or used for any type of financial transaction (e.g. shopping or banking) is bordering on reckless. I suggest that, unless you are knowledgeable on such matters, use VPN's on streaming devices only. 'Free' trials are even more dangerous as many use your computer resources for what could be criminal activity.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,753 ✭✭✭✭beakerjoe

So ive taken a VPN plunge.... now how to use it?

So I went with Keepsolid, managed to download Peacock App. (Hoping to use it to watch Peacock and HBO Max... havent tried HBO yet.)

So ive managed to sign up for a free peacock account, but mow Ive two problem....

One how do I watch it. Ive enabled the Keepsolod app, set to NYC and while I can access the app, when I go to watch a show up pops a US roaming error message.

Ive also tried signing up for a premium account.... no dice with a card or paypal....

Any advice greatly welcomed. Complete novice here.

• Registered Users Posts: 420 ✭✭odddavey

beakerjoe wrote: »
    So ive taken a VPN plunge.... now how to use it?

So I went with Keepsolid, managed to download Peacock App. (Hoping to use it to watch Peacock and HBO Max... havent tried HBO yet.)

So ive managed to sign up for a free peacock account, but mow Ive two problem....

One how do I watch it. Ive enabled the Keepsolod app, set to NYC and while I can access the app, when I go to watch a show up pops a US roaming error message.

Ive also tried signing up for a premium account.... no dice with a card or paypal....

Any advice greatly welcomed. Complete novice here.

I've tried it on my phone with numerous vpns, and the message that appears is something like your mobile carrier is not in the US. And that happens when I'm on WiFi.
    But I did get it working

On my firestick. Wth keepsolid.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,798 ✭✭✭bromley52

odddavey wrote: »
    I've tried it on my phone with numerous vpns, and the message that appears is something like your mobile carrier is not in the US. And that happens when I'm on WiFi.
    But I did get it working

On my firestick. Wth keepsolid.

On the VPN app you need to use the Streaming section. In there try the 1st option "Streaming" or perhaps Hulu.

bromley52 wrote: »
    On the VPN app you need to use the Streaming section. In there try the 1st option "Streaming" or perhaps Hulu.

I tried a few, no joy. I aint got a fire stick so .....

However I have managed to get a premium peacock account. If it doesnt work in 5 days Ill cancel.

Just need to get Keepsolid working. Ive tried their app and set it to NYC, Miami and their streaming settings for Disney, Hulu, HBO.... no dice yet.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,798 ✭✭✭bromley52

I tried a few, no joy. I aint got a fire stick so .....

However I have managed to get a premium peacock account. If it doesnt work in 5 days Ill cancel.

Just need to get Keepsolid working. Ive tried their app and set it to NYC, Miami and their streaming settings for Disney, Hulu, HBO.... no dice yet.

I use Getflix myself (smart DNS). and that works perfectly for most streaming services. DAZN, s sports+ and Disney+ being 3 exceptions I know of.
    Peacock have become very good at blocking VPNs.

bromley52 wrote: »
    I use Getflix myself (smart DNS). and that works perfectly for most streaming services. DAZN, s sports+ and Disney+ being 3 exceptions I know of.
    Peacock have become very good at blocking VPNs.

Yeah I'd say the VPN works fine as US Netflix appears to work.

Just gotta find a way to make Peacock work

• Registered Users Posts: 197 ✭✭w4ntedman

Yeah I'd say the VPN works fine as US Netflix appears to work.

Just gotta find a way to make Peacock work

What device are you using?

It works fine on my shield but not phone and somebody else referred to firestick being ok for them.

I'll check my laptop later on

• Advertisement

w4ntedman wrote: »
    What device are you using?

It works fine on my shield but not phone and somebody else referred to firestick being ok for them.

I'll check my laptop later on

Ive used a my phone and smart Tv thus far. Both andriod.

When you say my shield, what do you mean?

Thanks for checking, havent used my laptop yet as I used that for banking... which I was advised agaisnt using a device that I use to bank.

Ive used a my phone and smart Tv thus far. Both andriod.

When you say my shield, what do you mean?

Thanks for checking, havent used my laptop yet as I used that for banking... which I was advised agaisnt using a device that I use to bank.

Sorry I should have said. Nvidia shield it's a streaming box.

I wouldn't use a laptop you use for anything important with this either I have an old one that's been wiped of everything for crap like this.

I tried it there and it does work. Not worth using your main one for though if security is important

w4ntedman wrote: »
    Sorry I should have said. Nvidia shield it's a streaming box.

I wouldn't use a laptop you use for anything important with this either I have an old one that's been wiped of everything for crap like this.

I tried it there and it does work. Not worth using your main one for though if security is important

I'll give it ago later with an older laptop.

Ive seen that removing a sim card can help, might try that later too

I'll give it ago later with an older laptop.

Ive seen that removing a sim card can help, might try that later too

Good luck

• Registered Users Posts: 535 ✭✭✭maik3n

5 Devices, lifetime sub @ $24 with coupon DN40

https://stacksocial.com/sales/vpn-unlimited-lifetime-subscription

• Registered Users Posts: 412 ✭✭IrlJidel

real cost only $9 - 5 devices lifetime sub @ $39 and $30 stacksocial voucher - expires in 3 days...

• Registered Users Posts: 45,280 ✭✭✭✭Bobeagleburger

It's cheaper than others for a reason. They've had IP address leaks recently. Definitely worth researching before purchasing.

This is a great deal for most people. I got the free 6 month keepsolid vpn deal on here a few months ago and it was the first vpn I’d ever used and works grand with Turkish ssports, The wife had been having a lot of freezing with the likes of the itv hub and the bbc player though and tried Windscribe vpn and it’s a massive improvement so I’ve gone and paid €50 for the year for Windscribe. A happy wife is priceless!

• Registered Users Posts: 412 ✭✭IrlJidel

Interesting. Got any links re IP leaks? - did a few searches and can't find much info.Thx

• Registered Users Posts: 2,903 ✭✭✭DeadSkin

Yeah we're not having any luck playing from the BBC player at all with Keepsolid, ITV Hub runs fine.

• Advertisement

Give Windscribe a go, there is a free version that you can try and see if the i player works any better for you

• Registered Users Posts: 6,572 ✭✭✭SteM

That's really weird. I've just tried iPlayer on Keepsolid there and it' working fine for me. Watching last weekend's MOTD at the moment.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,903 ✭✭✭DeadSkin

• Registered Users Posts: 434 ✭✭baingal nancer

Works for me always on the dedicated iplayer server

• Registered Users Posts: 6,572 ✭✭✭SteM

The one called iPlayer in the streaming section.

We tried the dedicated server and still had constant buffering, strange how it works for some

• Registered Users Posts: 13,534 ✭✭✭✭joujoujou
    Unregistered Users

• Registered Users Posts: 12,414 ✭✭✭✭TheDriver

I find the iPlayer acts strange at the best of times unlike itv or stv player

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,534 ✭✭✭✭joujoujou
    Unregistered Users

Log out, kill the app, clear cache and data and try again.

Advertisement