Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

2021/22 FPL Rate My Team thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,048 ✭✭✭Brian201888

Ings in so many teams, Watkins at .5 cheaper may well be the better option. Smith has said Watkins will be playing up front so I'm expecting Ings in the 10 behind Watkins similar to his role for Southampton last season. Ings on peno's more than likely is a consideration but I don't think he'll be on them for a couple of weeks until El Ghazi loses his place

• Registered Users Posts: 9,694 ✭✭✭2nd Row Donkey

Here's a picture of my team.

Not really looking for any feedback because it's perfect. Just putting it up here to gloat.

I'll be back in May 22 to repost after I finish 1st in the OR.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,908 ✭✭✭Chuck Noland

After lots of chopping and changing here’s what I think I’ll start with.

feedback welcome

• Registered Users Posts: 1,298 ✭✭✭nullObjects

Think Amartey might not play, just mentioning because I see him first on your bench.

Good luck with it though, love it. Even the team name is perfect :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,501 ✭✭✭thomasm

There is a noticeable lack of Chelsea and Man City players in all squads including my own. These are likely the top two in the league. City are a rotation risk and Chelsea have tough fixtures to start but feels like a mistake not to have at least 2 or 3 of them in the origonal squad I'm picking.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 19,705 ✭✭✭✭Ace2007

Did someone not say Lukaku misses GW1?

• Registered Users Posts: 59 ✭✭Luxemburgo

Yes, Lukaku wasnt registered

• Registered Users Posts: 12,465 ✭✭✭✭machiavellianme

You answered your own question. Rotation risk. No one knows how either team will line up and they aren't cheap assets so better to hold off for now, especially given the opening fixtures.

• Registered Users Posts: 30,372 ✭✭✭✭Tauriel

Can't decide between:

Martinez, Foster

Cresswell, Dunk, Targett, AWB, Keane

JWP, Fernandes, Salah, Willock, Bissouma

Wood, Bamford, DCL

Or

Martinez, Foster

Cresswell, Dunk, Targett, AWB, Dias

JWP, Fernandes, Son, Willock, Bissouma

Ings, Bamford, DCL

• Registered Users Posts: 20,553 ✭✭✭✭Dempsey

Thanks for the feedback

Stones - I'd say rested in Shield for league match. The other option is to avoid ManC defenders altogether for a few weeks

Iheanacho, bit of a risk but Vardy isnt getting any younger. Richarlison or could go Ings and downgrade Rafinha

I dont need a strong bench early on and I'll be wildcarding fairly early so I'm not worried about that but I think White is good value @ 4.5m. Considered Tierney but while first choice, is injury prone and they signed someone that rotate in for alot of the easier games so his potential returns will take a hit imo. White will get more minutes than most and attacking threat at set pieces.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 62 ✭✭Ninja Avenger

I prefer the 1st one because it has Salah in it.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,083 ✭✭✭Chesty08

Having second thoughts on Ings now!

Reece James is the one I am very tempted by instead of Lucas Digne, but Everton have such a great run its hard to look beyond him (and James must be a doubt for the weekend)

• Registered Users Posts: 8,121 ✭✭✭Cypher_sounds

Is Bilva in contention to start? Heard Pep last week only say he wanted to leave.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,249 ✭✭✭✭Lemlin

Any suggestions for a 4 mil def that will play to replace Amartey? I already have the cheap Liverpool left back!

• Registered Users Posts: 4 thepistaguy

Everton is a big hit or miss imo. Especially the way they got pummelled 4-0 by United, seems like the new manager hasnt quite clikced in yet and the entire Everton team seems kinda shaky. But I wouldnt go for Reece either because Chelsea generally have pretty tough opening fixtures.

• Registered Users Posts: 4 thepistaguy

Likely to win the league =/= More FPL points

While most dont have players from these two teams for the reasons you just mentioned, Im quite sure many people have 2/3 players from Liverpool/Man Utd each, who are also contenders for the title. City is such a mess in terms of uncertainty of starters that its best to just wait and see how it plays out. If you reeeeally really want to hop on the bandwagon early on, then a Mahrez would be the general popular short term option, or Gundogan.

As for Chelsea, you could try your luck with Havertz, as many people have. But for the price (8.5m) I can think of much better FPL shots that come in way cheaper (Greenwood, Raphinha). After GW1, a tough run a fixtures would generally mean Chelsea will just score lesser goals (They could easily win those games, like 1-0). But if youre looking for opportunities where Chelsea start battering smaller teams, then preparing to switch to a Chelsea-heavy team near GW6/7 is a better bet. Its a good period to assess whether getting Lukaku is a decent asset as well. Keep in mind though, most people I know that have a Chelsea player in their team, intend to transfer them out after GW1. So its really a short term option.

While Liverpool and United players seem pretty locked in at this stage, the issue of Chelsea and City players added on to that is mainly budget I guess. Cant afford pricey players like Mahrez and Havertz when cheaper, more promising assets can be chosen.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,101 ✭✭✭markc91

Think I'm happy enough with this 0.0 ITB though any changes I should make? Or have I missed any news about a player not playing?

• Registered Users Posts: 644 ✭✭✭Dice75

What is Salah's ownership likley to be 🙈

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 15,396 ✭✭✭✭Fitz*

• Registered Users Posts: 1,775 ✭✭✭bmorrissey

• Registered Users Posts: 153 ✭✭BackforFPL

This is where I am. Will probably tinker in the last few minutes before the deadline for an added thrill!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,671 ✭✭✭ScummyMan

I am bench boosting GW1, last decision is Bruno or no Bruno. Allows me to spread the funds around more, so we're looking at:

Bruno/Amartey/Raphinha/ESR

vs

Greenwood/Digne/Grealish/Barnes

Actually now that I've typed it out like that I've almost convinced myself that no Bruno is the right call, even if it is scary

• Registered Users Posts: 1,649 ✭✭✭greedygoblin

Chilwell hasn't played any minutes in preseason afaik (nor James). Havertz played 120 mins the last night against Villareal so might not start at the weekend.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,907 ✭✭✭claw

Playing a reasonably safe GW1 and GW2 I think.

Sanchez Steele

Tsimikas TAA Dias White Webster

Grealish Gilmour Salah Bruno Raphinha

Toney Wilson Antonio

Had Digne in there instead of Dias for a while but am looking at having a GW2 team I am happy with. Grealish the only one I have concerns with over game time.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,775 ✭✭✭bmorrissey

Ive scare-mongered myself into changing the team again. Just need to choose who to bench between dallas or lowton

• Registered Users Posts: 11,220 ✭✭✭✭Father Hernandez

It's hard to get much work done today...

I've 2 sides but can't choose, any feedback please welcome.

Team A

Sanchez (Steele)

TAA, Tsimikas, Shaw (White, Livramento)

Greenwood, Bruno, Mahrez, Salah, Benrahma

Ings, Toney (Perica 4.5 fodder)

Team B

Sanchez (Steele)

TAA, Tsimikas, Shaw (White, Livramento)

Greenwood, Bruno, Salah, Gundogan (Gilmour)

Antonio, Ings, Toney

Essentially my choice is

Mahrez, Benrahma + 4.5 fodder who doesn't play or Gundogan, Antonio + Gilmour

Caveat is that I will most likely WC after the international break.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,220 ✭✭✭✭Father Hernandez

Makes Brentford and Toney a bit more attractive ahead of tonight.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 22,249 ✭✭✭✭Lemlin

My team:

Sanchez, Steele

Rudiger, Tsimikas, TAA (Ayling, White)

Salah, Fernandes, Barnes, Mount (Gilmour)

Antonio, Ings, Toney

I had others like Amartey & Havertz in my team but one of my golden rules is to start with 14/15 guaranteed starters so there are no surprises. I've no City but I need to see what way Pep roulette goes. I'm not willing to chance that at the minute. Mount is a nailed on Chelsea mid for me and I believe he takes a few set pieces for them.

One of my best ever seasons though, I blew my wildcard on the first day of the season so if that is needed, I'll do it.

Have managed to root out a few money leagues this season again to try and peak my interest which has waned the last few years.

Opinions would be appreciated.

Advertisement