Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Best Looking Ship Game

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,707 ✭✭✭Evade

Valdore, the last good Romulan Romulan design. I was never fond of the colour of the Vulcan ships in Enterprise. The idea that they were different was good but the colour itself is meh.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,131 ✭✭✭✭TheValeyard

Think this is our closest vote yet 😮

Fcuk Putin. Glory to Ukraine!

The Valdore, just wins the day

Here we go...........

Intrepid Class

VS

Oberth Class

Uhh, is this even a choice? Intrepid class. I'm sure the Oberth's friends would describe her as "lovely."

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,712 ✭✭✭Rawr

You know what, I'm going with the funky Space Canoe. Oberth Class. Sure, the ships are made of Explodium, and they only have one phaser array (and nothing else), but there's something about the design that seemed perfect for what it was.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,017 ✭✭✭✭breezy1985

Oberth its ugly is a crazy fun way.

Voyager is just ugly

• Registered Users Posts: 24,462 ✭✭✭✭Cookie_Monster

Oberth.

Voyager ruined the Intrepis class, like it ruined most things so its out by default :pac:

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 35,724 CMod ✭✭✭✭pixelburp

Oberth here too. It's handsome in an ugly way, and speaks to its purpose more than the big ambassadorial ships.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,453 ✭✭✭Niska

Oberth - not it's biggest fan but could never get past the flying teaspoon look of the Intrepid.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 15,418 ✭✭✭✭AMKC
    Ms

I am glad to see such much love for the Oberth as I always liked it too and really thought this would be a walkover for the Intrepid class but it's up against the Intrepid class that we got to know and love on Voyager so for me it's the Intrepid class with its bio nurel gel packs and it's verible velocity warp nacelles plus it's warp 9.96 speed and its unique technology.

Live long and Prosper

Peace and long life.

The Oberth wins, with its one phaser bank.

Voyager and the Intrepid class are the first hero ship to be defeated!

Next Round

Kelvin Constitution

VS

Klingon D7 class

D7 over that other mess any day.

Kelvinprise is what happens in a movie when someone makes a copy of a copy of a copy

Ms

Ha lol I can not believe the Oberth class won lol.

Anyway for the next round it's the Klingon D7 for me. A classic and much nicer than the mess that is the the Kelvinprise.

Live long and Prosper

Peace and long life.

D7. Not that it's particularly nice looking but Kelvin Enterprise embodies the worst aspects of modern (over-)design, everything is angles and touches with no purpose behind it so it's a jumbled mess.

EDIT: Which episode of STD had the D7?

Ms

EDIT: Which episode of STD had the D7?

I think it was the one where the Klingons were going to attack Discovery at some planet.

I vaguely remember it but Discovery could not jump for some reason I think.

Live long and Prosper

Peace and long life.

The D7 were in the S2 finale to help Discovery and Enterprise fight Control

• Registered Users Posts: 24,462 ✭✭✭✭Cookie_Monster

D7. Not that Kelvinverse mess. Though it would get my vote for best on board brewery.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 35,724 CMod ✭✭✭✭pixelburp

I nominated the Kelvin ship but has to be the d7 for me. Very iconic design, even if it lacks the aforementioned personality of the Bird of Prey. I like the stylish redesign of the constitution, added a touch of swagger to the design, but wouldn't stick my neck out for it either

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,453 ✭✭✭Niska

Klingon D7 Battlecuiser. Beautiful shape, and a great flyby in the opening scene from TMP. What's not to love?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,712 ✭✭✭Rawr

D7. Loved that TMP opening :)

Ms

Live long and Prosper

Peace and long life.

Pedantry at its finest but I question titling that video a "battle" in any sense of the word implying something two sided 😋

D7 has a convincing win

Peregrine class

VS

Tholian Orb Weaver

Orb weaver ? Was it not the Web Spinner

Maquis raider gets my vote. Always had a soft spot for them despite their slightly mad motivation

• Advertisement

You could be right, ive may have been playing Star Trek Online too long. Ill change it if needs be.

Advertisement