Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Best Looking Ship Game

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 15,416 ✭✭✭✭AMKC
    Ms

• Registered Users Posts: 12,131 ✭✭✭✭TheValeyard

Right, voting closed. Pretty desisive that one!!

The Jem Hadar attack ships have been eliminated. Although in DS9 these ships were very explody. Almost like they were a giant console or something.

Anyhow, the Constitution Refit survives to the next round.

Two new ships tomorrow!

Fcuk Putin. Glory to Ukraine!

Today's battle is between.....

The Nebula Class

VS

The Luna Class

• Registered Users Posts: 27,384 ✭✭✭✭odyssey06

Nebula Class

"To follow knowledge like a sinking star..." (Tennyson's Ulysses)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,707 ✭✭✭Evade

Nebula Class. I actually think it looks better than the Galaxy class with the right pod.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,570 ✭✭✭Mal-Adjusted

Definitely Nebula class.

Is there actual voting on this or is it just leaving a comment? Not a fan of the new site.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 35,723 CMod ✭✭✭✭pixelburp

Yikes, two ugly ships. Hmmm. So let's sayyyyyyyy, Nebula. Even if it looks like an overdesigned kitchen appliance

Where's the dislike button?

• Registered Users Posts: 28,725 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

Nebula Class

Commenting is how a lot of these kinds of threads are normally done. Sometimes it's a timeframe and sometimes it could be first to get a certain number of votes.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,712 ✭✭✭Rawr

Nebula Class.

But only with that triangular weapons pod on it. The mini-saucer thing on the original Nebula was fugly as all hell.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,453 ✭✭✭Niska

Nebula. But only from the front or side. The aft view is not good.

Not seen enough of the Luna yet

Apologies for the delay, been travelling a lot today.

It's another one sided battle.

But the Luna class is knocked out. Riker will not be happy.

The Nebula lives to fight another day.

Today's Battle

Borg cube

Vs

Discovery Class

I'll leave the votes open until 7pm tomorrow

Feel free to post pics supporting your choice if you want 😁

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 35,723 CMod ✭✭✭✭pixelburp

The show is a chaotic mess, and the recent episode turning the interior into a TARDIS a travesty ... but I love the Ralph McQuarrie inspired design of the ship. Different, but still designed. Not like the designers just messed with the scale of a Constitution class.

The Borg is more iconic for sure, but there's no actual aesthetics to speak of (naturally, given the creatures in question). I wouldn't want to own a Cube, like.

Crossfields have far too many things that irritate me about the design, just because it's McQuarrie doesn't automatically mean it's good, so the Borg Cube it is. The First Contact and beyond cubes with the green light and openings in the hull were big improvements over the initial model.

I just noticed in the Nebula gif the mission pod makes shuttle bay access more restricted.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,462 ✭✭✭✭Cookie_Monster

Borg cube by default for me even though it too is nothing special. Crosfields are awful.

I am very surprised the Nebula whitewashed the Luna also 😧

The Borg Cube.

Resistance is....something

No, no automatic goodness applied, I just genuinely think McQuarrie flattened ship profile(s) lent some 70s chic to the Federation portfolio. Now, I think his actual design is much nicer than the "inspired" version we're voting on (would that have qualified had it been put forward actually? Given it never featured in any eventual series). It's just the Borg Cube... is. It feels like cheating to include a basic geometric shape in a poll of aesthetics. Yes, I'm doing it; I'm being the killjoy 😎

• Registered Users Posts: 12,270 ✭✭✭✭Skerries

it may be a cube but it's a BIG cube!

Borg Cube for me

• Registered Users Posts: 2,453 ✭✭✭Niska

Borg Cube - it's lack of aesthetics is part of it's menace / charm.

• Advertisement

The original MacQuarrie concept is ugly too, the proportions are completely off. But credit where it's due the primary hull/secondary hull/nacelle proportions are much better on the Crossfield, could still be better though.

Post edited by Evade on

I would certainly agree there. The Crossfield is a bit better than this one:

The smaller saucer always seemed a bit off. However, the whole rotating pizza-cutter dynamic of the spore-drive just throws me off ever enjoying the Crossfield class.

Bit more of a debate with these two ships,

but the Borg cube wins the vote.....for now.

The Crossfield class joins the growing list of eliminated ships.

Next up!!!!

Chimera class (STO)

VS

Steamrunner Class

Chimera class really lives up to its name and doesn't gel at all so Steamrunner. I used to love them in Star Trek Armada II with their beyond line of sight sight torpedo range, even more so if you could acquire a cloaked ship to use as a spotter.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,462 ✭✭✭✭Cookie_Monster

Oh, even though I nominated it the Chimera loses out for me. The Steamrunner is such a great looking ship.

Completely different layout and quirky for a canon ship.

• Registered Users Posts: 27,384 ✭✭✭✭odyssey06

Steamrunner, rugged compact look and some nifty scenes in First Contact to show it off...

"To follow knowledge like a sinking star..." (Tennyson's Ulysses)

Steamrunner - the other looks like something they threw together to bulk out the roster in the video-game!

Steamrunner. Really felt like a design evolution of the flat-profile warship that started with Defiant. For some reason I really like how the bussard collectors gel into the Primary Hull.

I'm kind of a sucker for most of the starships ILM designed for First Contact :)

• Advertisement

Yeah. Distinct designs that still fit within the design aesthetic of the older ships. I should have nominated the Norway and Saber classes too.

Advertisement