Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Vaccine Side Effects - What side effects did you get from your vaccine?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 706 ✭✭✭tiredblondie

After my first I had swollen glands in my throat and ached for 3 days turning my head side to side....I thought well, seemingly people only react to first or second and that I got my reaction on the first so I'd be fine....yeah, don't believe anyone who tells you that one!! If I'd known it be that bad, no, I wouldn't have gone ahead with the second one....and that's exactly why I'll never get it done again, I'll take my chance with pcr tests to go away etc....

• Registered Users Posts: 705 ✭✭✭cintec

Pfizer

First dose sore arm the next day and very mild headache.

Second dose yesterday I have a sore arm(not as sore as the first) and no other symptoms. I was told when getting the second injection to take paracetamol which I wasn't told on the first injection and the second dose so far has been milder.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,447 ✭✭✭✭Kermit.de.frog

Post edited by Kermit.de.frog on

• Registered Users Posts: 1,298 ✭✭✭nullObjects

Who told you to take paracetamol, the vaccinator?

• Registered Users Posts: 223 ✭✭SunnySundays

Pfizer

1st Doze: slightly tender arm for 24 hours

2nd Doze: very heavy arm, waking up ever time I turn over on it.

No other symptoms so happy with that.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 16,457 ✭✭✭✭astrofool

Vaccinator suggested to take paracetamol in my case.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,959 ✭✭✭✭rob316

That was a **** horrible weekend but I got through it.

33 years old, got 2nd Pfizer jab Saturday lunch time.

The idiot nurse put the needle practically into my shoulder, first jab I didn't even feel, this one really hurt.

About 11pm Saturday started feel nauseous and headaches. Chills and sweating started during the night just like flu. Aching all over, both arms hanging off me.

Literally slept until this afternoon (Monday), still feel shagged tired. Arm ok but massive bruise running down to my elbow but I bruise easy enough.

• Registered Users Posts: 705 ✭✭✭cintec

Yes the vaccinator suggested to take it when I got home.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,456 ✭✭✭fun loving criminal

The vaccinator told me to take paracetamol if I get symptoms. I got mild symptoms with my first shot, headache and tiredness but decided to wait it out because I want my body to do it's thing unless I got very bad which I didn't.

Then I got no side effects with my second shot, so taking a paracetamol just in case would have been silly really.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 67,676 Mod ✭✭✭✭L1011

Second Pfizer yesterday. Got very tired very early and went to bed. Had some very odd dreams and woke up dehydrated about midnight. Slept normally after that.

Arm is sore but not as much as the first dose. Fully aware that there's a chance of more to come

Now where's my DCC email...

• Advertisement

My cert arrived by email within 12 hours of the jab.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,959 ✭✭✭✭rob316

Day 3. Still wrecked tired, and I'm getting like twitches down my arm where I was injected.

On the plus side you know what to expect for your booster jab 🙂

Pfizer

Zero side effects

Thankfully.

• Registered Users Posts: 552 ✭✭✭mark_jmc

Pfizer:

1st Dose- Slightly sore arm/ high temp for the evening

2nd Dose- Sore arm/glands under armpit

• Registered Users Posts: 45 Madra Maith

Grand after 1st Pfizer jab except a bit tired.

Second dose has floored me. I woke up with fever, chills and nausea about 12 hours after the jab which lasted well into the next day. 3 days after now and I got chills again and extreme fatigue.

• Registered Users Posts: 831 ✭✭✭False Prophet

Pfizer

Zero side effects for either dose

(same with about 5 others i know that got around the same weeks as i did)

Delighted to have it really as I cant imagine not being able to taste/smell food never mind the risk of being unlucky and having serious covid issues.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,298 ✭✭✭nullObjects

First Dose: No side effects

Second Dose: Some swelling in my leg and numbness in my foot, both back to normal overnight. Also fever / fatigue like other people mentioned.

My cert also arrived within 24 hours.

(Don't forget it's not valid til 2 weeks after the 2nd dose!)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,003 ✭✭✭Hammer89

Getting a little worried. I had my first shot of Pfizer over a couple weeks ago and had no side effects until today. I have a ringing in my ears and difficulty sleeping, though it's too early to say whether I'm suffering with sleeplessness or not. I woke up at midnight, got about three hours from 5am to 8am and haven't been able to sleep since despite trying. You're on the precipice of sleep but you never go right over the edge. I could be overthinking it, and the tinnitus only lasted a few seconds each time.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 6,893 Mod ✭✭✭✭shesty

Pfizer

First shot:Sore arm.gland in armpit sore, took Neurofen for a day or so.Happens to me for the flu shot too.Not surprised.Nothing else

Second shot:Sore arm (less than first). Gland in armpit very sore, and quite swollen.4-5 days where I was looking for painkillers for it (I am not someone who seeks out medication unless really needed).It is still a bit swollen and tender, but not as sore 7 days later.I am definitely quite tired (3 small kids so hard enough to tell what is causing it🙄).although I found today was better, didn't feel like a nap was needed.I didn't get fever or chills or anything thankfully. I did get slight vertigo for an hour or so on the day I got it, and my legs really ached the next morning but not for long.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 6,893 Mod ✭✭✭✭shesty

7 days for Pfizer??Mine scanned as valid today, was invalid up to now.

• Registered Users Posts: 964 ✭✭✭riveratom

Is there a chance you could have Covid, because it's a symptom? https://www.openaccessgovernment.org/tinnitus-covid-19-symptom/107007/

Otherwise, there are reports of it happening after the vaccine too, but I am sure it should be temporary.

• Registered Users Posts: 80 ✭✭Ashdublinc13

With all the side effects mentioned, are people happy to sign up for a third shot?

• Registered Users Posts: 667 ✭✭✭brianc27

100%, felt like **** for about a day after my second dose, but if needed, I'll take another, id rather the inconvenience of feeling like **** after a few hours then being wrecked for a week with covid (or worse)

• Registered Users Posts: 7,666 ✭✭✭YellowLead

Pfizer

1st jab hurt going in and arm was extremely sore for days, couldn’t sleep on that side. No other symptoms.

2nd jab I barely felt (I could have hugged that woman, I had been bracing myself after the first jabs crazy pain) and arm was grand after. However I couldn’t sleep that night and about 5am I got a really bad attack of the shivers, by late morning I had a temp of 100.5, shiver, stabbing pains in my legs, nausea (couldn’t eat a thing). But I woke up the next day and was totally fine - so it was a 24hr reaction only thankfully.

• Registered Users Posts: 3 cubyrne2

Pfizer jab 1: sore arm for 36 hours, couldn't raise arm past shoulder height

jab 2: zero side effects

• Registered Users Posts: 88 ✭✭Toby22

Pfizer first dose sore arm

second dose fatigue

Friend got AZ, first dose nothing, second dose fatigue and itchy sore eyes. Several of his friends have same eye issue

• Registered Users Posts: 983 ✭✭✭Hippodrome Song Owl

How are you doing now? Hope you're out of hospital and OK.

• Registered Users Posts: 183 ✭✭Rket4000

One in 10 people will experience side effects.... Some will be gone in a day or so while others will last longer. Therefore the vast majority of people have little or no side effects and would likely take a booster if it were needed. As far ad I've heard they're only considering those for people who are most at risk or who were vaccinated early in the year

• Advertisement

Pfizer 2nd dose. Woken up with second night of night sweat in row and sheets fairly damp. Irritating but otherwise fine.

Advertisement