Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Vaccine Side Effects - What side effects did you get from your vaccine?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,649 ✭✭✭greedygoblin

1st pfizer dose in early July: sore arm for about a day, grand otherwise.

2nd pfizer dose this past Tuesday: sore arm for about a day afterwards. Nausea & dizziness started Wednesday evening. Same yesterday with added headache. Ate nothing all day. Similar symptoms today.

• Registered Users Posts: 706 ✭✭✭tiredblondie

24hrs since pfizer dose 2, just woke up and feel like death

Arm pain in horrendous all the way down to my hand, stomach pains (like bad wind pain) My hips and legs ache to move and I'm burning up.....

WTF have I actually willingly allowed be put in me 🥺

• Registered Users Posts: 80 ✭✭Ashdublinc13

What could cause a woman to have a period shortly after taking a moderna vaccine? Why would the period last for over 2 weeks?

• Registered Users Posts: 31,819 ✭✭✭✭Mars Bar

• Registered Users Posts: 148 ✭✭PhantomHat

I developed mild bruising under my right eye about 10 days after my first AZ vaccine.

My wife was wondering how I hurt my eye. I hadn't. Just put it down to perhaps rubbing it too vigorously even though I didn't recall doing so. It cleared up after a few hours.

However this happened again albeit to a lesser extent after my second dose.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,194 ✭✭✭TomSweeney

1st Pfizer dose - sore arm.

2nd Pfizer dose - sore arm.

Lucky I didn't get fever.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,839 ✭✭✭RayCon

1st Pfizer dose - nothing

2nd Pfizer dose - nothing until the day after I got the jab - then hit with a wall of sleep. Slept for 5hrs , woke up. Grand.

• Registered Users Posts: 80 ✭✭Ashdublinc13

Asked doctor. He didn't know. Relayed side effect to HSE

• Registered Users Posts: 510 ✭✭✭Cookiee

I had my first shot of pfizer yesterday, my arm is sore and I have absolutely no appetite, feel no hunger at all even though I haven't eaten, I will have to force myself to eat something, which is unusual for me

• Registered Users Posts: 36 mortis43

I experienced this right after my first Pfizer shot. Period came a week early the next day. Quite a few of my friends experienced the same thing - women early 30s.

It seems to be fairly common: https://www.bbc.com/news/health-56901353

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,452 ✭✭✭rodge123

Vaccine : Pfizer

1st Dose - sore arm, 

2nd Dose - upper stomach discomfort, very bad breathlessness, light headed, almost acid reflux type symptoms, all a few hours after the shot and still have them three days later. In hospital with it and bloods indicated potential clot(s). Awaiting a CT scan still three days later, on blood thinner as precaution.

Will not be taking a booster shot if clot confirmed after this experience! I’ll take my chances with COVID.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,939 ✭✭✭Deise Vu

Vaccine: Astra Zeneca

1st dose: literally didn’t even feel the jab. I think the nurse faked it and sold the dose to someone else.

2nd dose: slight pinch, afterwards nada.

1st dose was a Sunday, 2nd I took a half hour off work on a Monday and went back afterwards. I am genuinely astonished at the dramas others claim to experience.

• Registered Users Posts: 31,819 ✭✭✭✭Mars Bar

Ah here. I have actually had two vaccines. I experienced nothing after either dose of Sinopharm. I just got J&J at the weekend and the fever and chills was disgusting. It was really rough.

So I've had both experiences and both are real.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,702 ✭✭✭Celticfire

What do you mean by dramas that people " claim" to experience? You don't think people experience real reactions because your doses went ok? After my second shot I lay in bed for 3 days with a swollen throat . It got to the stage that I couldn't even swallow water. I gave it 24hrs and was able to eventually swallow again so didn't present to hospital.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,597 ✭✭✭Totofan99

Vaccine: Janssen

Bit of a sore arm for a couple of days. That's it.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,231 ✭✭✭Frank Grimes

I had no side-effects after either of the Pfizer jabs except the slight pain in my arm (which I've experienced before after getting other vaccines) but this does not make me doubt the very real side-effects friends, co-workers and posters here and elsewhere are talking about just because I was fine. I hope that last sentence in your post was just a poor choice of words.

• Registered Users Posts: 72 ✭✭StefanFal

I had that Moderna one and had fever for 5 days. Didn't bother going back for the second. Feck that.

• Registered Users Posts: 725 ✭✭✭Morpork

Zero side effects after both doses of Pfzier. Barely even a sore arm.

Is there a correlation between reaction to Covid and reaction to vaccine?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,236 ✭✭✭mcmoustache

I think most people get few side effects. Your experience would be typical, I think. I had a day of feeling like shíte but if I had nothing to report, I probably wouldn't have bothered posting so I think that this thread will be heavily skewed in favour of those who had unpleasant experiences.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,236 ✭✭✭mcmoustache

They give big boys a lollypop for the second one if you tell them how brave you are. I'd just go for it. You also get to go to indoor pubs and travel to other countries if you do.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 38,247 ✭✭✭✭Guy:Incognito

Ive only had the 1 Pfizer so far.

Had a bit of a sore arm. I got a headache at the end of playing astro about 4 hours after getting it, but i also hadnt eaten all day, so it could have been that too.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,455 ✭✭✭Beanybabog

Pfizer

dose 1 - sore arm but not bad. Tired, but I’ve a small baby who doesn’t sleep so probably not the vaccine

dose 2- woke with chills that night. Two duvets on me and couldn't warm up. I don’t think I’ve ever experienced chills so I thought I was just cold at first. Passed after an hour and was nothing too dramatic.

Got a slight twinge in my sinus and nose started streaming that evening and lasted all the next day. Apparently this is not a side effect of the vaccine so must have been a coincidental cold?? Not covid as I had my travel antigen test. But it seems to have cleared. Not tired at all this time.

Sore arm when sleeping but nothing majo again. I’ve had whooping cough and tetanus vaccines before that side much worse pain.

Got my certificate within 24 hours!!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,720 ✭✭✭growleaves

Stop mocking an ill person, you absolute scumbag.

• Registered Users Posts: 964 ✭✭✭riveratom

• Registered Users Posts: 6,783 ✭✭✭amacca

Moderna

Ist jab

Arm ached at injection site starting a couple of hours after the jab.

All the symptoms of a cold without any phlegm/blocked nose etc so chills, mild headache (but enough to stop you getting things done) physical weakness

Interestingly (for me at least )

As quick as they manifested they were completely gone on the morning of the third day after the jab and despite feeling chills etc the body temp didnt actually fluctuate much according to my thermometer 0.3 maybe 0.5 of a degree upwards tops but it felt much more.

2nd jab

Familiar ache at injection site 2/3 hrs afterwards....3/4 hrs after that mild discomfort in ankles and knees (cut a dog walk short) lower back pain tightness kind of like it was in spasm but uncomfortable not excruciating or anything ....then the headache, worse this time (only relieved slightly by paracetamol), nausea but not at a level to vomit (on the cusp). Fever/chill like feeling (again without the body temp actually going up much), quite tired/fatigued/physically weak. Very interrupted sleep woke several times soaked with sweat despite not having much in the way of blankets etc over me + loss of appetite for about 2 days

Symptoms more severe 2nd time but slightly shorter in duration by the afternoon of the third day everything except the weakness had receeded to background level and the day after that I was back to normal.

Not very pleasant, a two day inconvenience.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,124 ✭✭✭Unknown Soldier

This thread would have been more informative if people stated that they took/didn't take any Medicine on the day of their Jabs (Paracetamol etc) Anyways....

I had Pfizer, start of June, Jab one... Took Paracetamol for the day, and the next day.

Was grand, no sore arm etc, but was tired, and was tired for most of June too. Went to bed very early most evenings.

Jab two... start of July. Took Paracetamol again after, and for the next day, just a few.

Was grand again, no sore arm etc but once again, very tired most evenings, sometimes in the afternoons. Still am, and it is August now :(

I hope this tiredness goes away soon.

• Registered Users Posts: 706 ✭✭✭tiredblondie

Feeling much better today but all day Saturday and Sunday was awful, stomach pains were horrendous and fever of 38.1°

Still have a sore arm but otherwise I'm OK

I'll never get it done again though, I'm pretty good with pain but this was another level!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,090 ✭✭✭jill_valentine

1st jab, achy arm and nothing else.

2nd jab, felt like a hangover. Achy muscles and tired for a day. Took panadol and slept. Woke up feeling perfect next morning.

• Registered Users Posts: 964 ✭✭✭riveratom

Hmm wow! I have my second on Wednesday, was grand after the first apart from an achy arm for a very short while. Would you have gone for just one dose if you knew you were going to have those effects?!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,935 ✭✭✭Tazzimus

Pfizer

First dose, sore arm like someone gave me a dead arm, bit tired but grand otherwise.

Second dose yesterday. Was freezing last night, then boiling, now it just alternates between. Woke up with a banger of a headache that's mostly gone now and moved between my shoulders. Feel unwell but not to the point of getting sick.

Absolutely no energy though, been napping for most of the day.

Oh and arms a bit sore, but nothing excruciating. Again like a dead arm.

Best way I can describe it is like hangover of sorts, with added symptoms.

Advertisement