Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Relaxation of Restrictions, Part XII *Read OP For Mod Warnings*

Options

Comments

I cannot believe anyone thinks life will go back to normal soon, it's not, it's a done deal.

you think all that software is free? it's on contract and must be updated and refined and protected.

This is in for good, this thread and many like it need to me merged to conspiracy theory which is now closer to real life, shocking to say.

This passport software was designed about as quickly as the vaccines and at great cost, you think the tech companies do that without contracts?

These will stay and that will be the end of it, no repealing them back, we'll be told we're part of the EU and it's policy extends to all states for free travel even when you don't want t travel. The option is there but you must conform. It's all very sinister stuff and it's happening at lightning speed.

all for a virus that has infected 6% of the population in a year and a half. Before anyone says yes but what if we didn't lock down, if this was as terrible and transmissible as they say, we should be at 2 million cases now not 6%. plus the death toll is 1% and off that toll 90% are over 70 and most had underlying conditions which would contribute to or cause their demise! also of the hospital cases even Leo admits half are easily in for broken legs, elective surgery and the like so cut that figure in half too.. you're left with what?? long **** covid?? mass hysteria can account for much of that when you consider the the availability cascade promoting long covid. Do people think before covid, humans were not coming down with maladies of mystery before? like ME and the likes.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,802 ✭✭✭✭suicide_circus

People were ridiculed for over a year on this very thread for suggesting that the line between advisory and actual power had been breached.

Yet again the tinfoil hatters were spot on.

• Registered Users Posts: 989 ✭✭✭Stormyteacup

The cases may reach the lowest limit of the range of estimated cases from models. They certainly gave themselves some wiggle room, with the upper estimate being 681,900 cases.

Varadkar likened the lower estimate with 81,000 cases and 165 deaths to a flu season in winter. How many deaths with Covid 5 weeks into 13 week model timeline? Maybe 10 - 12?

Admittedly no one knows what will happen over the next 8 weeks, but it’s clear as can be that the models are useless. They’re not even necessary with existing data and observable trends internationally to help make decisions on restrictions/measures.

It’s bordering on criminal allowing NPHET loony models to guide easing of restrictions.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,797 ✭✭✭✭hatrickpatrick

Have you a source for the latter, is it on a podcast or anything? I've been expecting some BS like this for quite some time, the only thing that's surprising here is how long they took to come out with it.

Just wait for "we can't re-open nightlife because our hospitals can't cope with people falling off swings" 🙈

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 868 ✭✭✭DarkJager21

"A shift to outdoor culture and more mask wearing and working from home are not bad things. Mask wearing could be a permanent change in our behaviour like the Asian culture,” he added."

Yeah....go fvck yourself Anthony.

• Registered Users Posts: 859 ✭✭✭OwenM

Micheal cant do anything without a report from experts, his whole career is littered with examples of this, making a decision paralyses him. The Great Ditherer.

• Registered Users Posts: 707 ✭✭✭Timothy Bryce

18 months reading this forum and I've learned the main difference between conspiracy theory and the truth is about 6 months

• Registered Users Posts: 894 ✭✭✭FlubberJones

Was at the boozer on Sunday afternoon, weather was good so I was expecting a ew people to be outside and the majority in... but nope, 90% outside and the rest in.... Has Ireland developed a taste for the outdoor dining and boozing. If they have it'll be short lived but quite enjoyable.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,603 ✭✭✭Floppybits

One thing out this is that when things go back to normal the smokers will have better area's outside to go for a smoke. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 551 ✭✭✭Apothic_Red

Jaysus, some amount of self pity in this thread. I've been in Lanzarote the past 10 days eating out twice a day. Whole place has reopened in that time and business is a boomin'

The only restriction on my life is having to wear a mask in Spar. It's back to normal over here, live bands in pubs, Peronni on draught. It's been a great tonic.

• Registered Users Posts: 55 ✭✭mksbart1948

Pretty much this is how life looks like everywhere in Europe beside Ireland. From the beginning of June, I had the pleasure to be in 5 European countries and nowhere have I seen people driving alone in a car in a mask or wiping a shop basket with disinfectant for 5 minutes :)

• Registered Users Posts: 80 ✭✭Ashdublinc13

How do we move on?

• Registered Users Posts: 583 ✭✭✭crooked cockney villain

What an absolutely loathsome bastard. The masks are the psychological bit, without seeing them in the street we could, y'know, largely forget this thing exists. As should anybody who is fully vaccinated/ under a certain age.

"Mask wearing could be a permanent change in our behaviour like the Asian culture,” 

Terrifying. Absolutely terrifying.

Like the way he pulls some long Covid made up stats out of his hole at the end. There seriously needs to be a study conducted of younger people who claim to be suffering long covid and a- their political leanings and b- their prior employment history. I absolutely guarantee you that the percentage of Long Covid "sufferers" who vote for extreme left parties will be several times higher than the circa 4% of the vote they currently get.

• Registered Users Posts: 494 ✭✭Billgirlylegs

HSE Website headline - (always good for checking on their out of date incompetent ramblings)

COVID-19 vaccination

Your COVID-19 vaccine will offer you protection from COVID-19 (coronavirus)

• Registered Users Posts: 55 ✭✭mksbart1948

Stop complying. Consider running in election on ending lockdowns, turning personal health into personal responsibility again etc. This country (and Europe as a whole really) is in dire need to replace the political class

• Registered Users Posts: 8,174 ✭✭✭ceadaoin.

And I'm telling you it's not enforced. Even in LA where there is mask mandate for everyone, I saw people in stores without them going unchallenged. But sure what do I know, I was just there last week. I also live in a place where until recently masks were only "required" for unvaccinated and I hardly saw anyone wearing one for months. Was never asked about my vaccination status anywhere I went either, including packed shows and hockey games. I dont think masks are the difference between California and Florida rates and there aren't any other restrictions in place. California is generally behind in their surges. Let's see what happens.

• Registered Users Posts: 548 ✭✭✭Whocanibe

They have had more deaths in the past 24hrs, more people in ICU, and yet here we are. Things are not going to change here. I found this at the bottom of the RTE website.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 18,336 ✭✭✭✭bucketybuck

I guess Michael doesn't be chatting to Nicola these days, he used to hang on her every word.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,000 ✭✭✭✭charlie14

Whether you believe they are are enforced or not, those are the requirements for face masks in California for those both fully vaccinated and those not. Something you omitted to mention in your post that only included some requirements for those not fully vaccinated when the requirements for those fully vaccinated were clearly stated in the article you linked.

Good to see more people are waking up to the potential future in-store. Though deemed for "safety" and "convenience" purposes and the like, the vaxx passport system will be transitioned to digital and biometric IDs. UK government are already putting out the articles on their website. As someone mentioned above, they were never going to just roll back the infrastructure they've already built. It will only be extended. "Two weeks to flatten the curve", remember.

I like my freedom and privacy the way they already are/were. I don't want or need a "digital/biometric ID". Many have always felt the vaxx passports were the bridge to this. As said above, if you don't agree with this new system, simply don't comply with their QR codes etc. This applies to everyone, whatever side of the political spectrum you're on. We need to collectively say "no" to this, together. It's an extremely slippery slope to go down. Nip it in the bud, before it takes hold.

It's not conspiracy theory anymore, guys.

https://www.gov.uk/government/publications/the-uk-digital-identity-and-attributes-trust-framework/the-uk-digital-identity-and-attributes-trust-framework

• Registered Users Posts: 15,000 ✭✭✭✭charlie14

From all their rhetoric on the Romanian vaccines it looks as if the doubters here got it completely wrong.

700,000 of that I million due for delivery this month direct from Pfizer.

• Registered Users Posts: 38,160 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

Were basically been kept in some sort of restrictions because of our shite health service in which they don't seem bothered to try and fix because they have the owl lockdown to enforce so it wont be overwhelmed

all this pointing at Scotland a while ago is laughable.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,478 ✭✭✭brickster69

No date for Northern Ireland's freedom day still. I bet the nightclubs in Britain will be packed full of people from the island of Ireland hopping over for a good night out.

An evil man will burn his own nation to the ground to rule over the ashes - Sun Tzu

Why is no one tearing Nicola Sturgeon and the scottish government asunder for lifting all the restrictions?

Is it because the attacks on Boris last month for doing the same in England were entirely political and nothing to do with health?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,478 ✭✭✭brickster69

Not quite a full freedom day, you still have to wear a mask in nightclubs 🤣🤣🤣

An evil man will burn his own nation to the ground to rule over the ashes - Sun Tzu

It never was a conspiracy theory. It was just dismissed as being one. It's the end goal.

• Advertisement

I wonder will Scotland ever be free of those useless things.

Advertisement