Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Random Waffle Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 21 Beauchamp Bagenal

The fountain would be a lovely spot if wasn't nearly permanently taken over by those who should be in Dympna's getting proper support.

You can't help these people, they're not to be helped. They exist only for 2 particular solicitors to represent them in court every week for insane free legal aid fees.

The most abused drug in Carlow is codeine and with about 20 chemists operating 24/7, the drug problem will always be unsolvable.
    Crack and heroin are cheap drugs, mostly sold by a certain ethnicity who'll cut your hair one minute and your throat the next.

Carlow could have it's own gangland thread, it's that bad.

• Registered Users Posts: 734 ✭✭✭doughef

You can't help these people, they're not to be helped. They exist only for 2 particular solicitors to represent them in court every week for insane free legal aid fees.

The most abused drug in Carlow is codeine and with about 20 chemists operating 24/7, the drug problem will always be unsolvable.
    Crack and heroin are cheap drugs, mostly sold by a certain ethnicity who'll cut your hair one minute and your throat the next.

Carlow could have it's own gangland thread, it's that bad.

Codeine? Really ?

doughef wrote: »
    Codeine? Really ?

Sure is. A friend of a friend works with addiction services and 90% of their patients are strung out on solpadine/nurofen etc. 1000s of Carlow people are hooked on every kind of drug.
    Hardcore junkies on crack/heroin are in the low dozens.
    Most of your high street chemists have been taken over by corporate Big Pharma and are pushing their products hard.
    Next time you're in with your doctor, take a look of the collection of pens he gets from the pharma reps lobbying him and the chemists for the many variants of medication.
    A local pharmacy here moved shop recently and the window display was like a shrine to panadol.

There's 20 chemists listed here giving out free 'vaccines'. You can be sure they are getting well paid.
    https://carlow-nationalist.ie/2021/07/02/covid-vaccines-now-available-at-selected-co-carlow-pharmacies/

All vaccines are free I'd be worried about the chemist that started charging for them. Also there is a lot more than low dozens hooked on heroin in Carlow the methadone clinic in Carlow is one of the busiest outside of the major cites in this country. Codine is highly additive the real issues isn't chemists it's the doctors who over prescribe, It is known there are a handful of doctors in town that will give scripts out with very little questions asked.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,368 ✭✭✭iwillhtfu

Sure is. A friend of a friend works with addiction services and 90% of their patients are strung out on solpadine/nurofen etc. 1000s of Carlow people are hooked on every kind of drug.
    Hardcore junkies on crack/heroin are in the low dozens.
    Most of your high street chemists have been taken over by corporate Big Pharma and are pushing their products hard.
    Next time you're in with your doctor, take a look of the collection of pens he gets from the pharma reps lobbying him and the chemists for the many variants of medication.
    A local pharmacy here moved shop recently and the window display was like a shrine to panadol.

There's 20 chemists listed here giving out free 'vaccines'. You can be sure they are getting well paid.
    https://carlow-nationalist.ie/2021/07/02/covid-vaccines-now-available-at-selected-co-carlow-pharmacies/

Sorry but that's the kind of argument I'd expect from the tinfoil hat brigade. Let me guess you're anti vax, right?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 244 ✭✭bytheglass

The most abused drug in Carlow is codeine

You’re forgetting alcohol!

the methadone clinic in Carlow is one of the busiest outside of the major cites in this country.

Isn't it great! #CarlowRising!

iwillhtfu wrote: »
    Sorry but that's the kind of argument I'd expect from the tinfoil hat brigade. Let me guess you're anti vax, right?

It's not an argument, it's my learned observation.
    Everything is terrible.
    There will always be drugs in Carlow, it's just the pharmacy cartel have the upper hand.

I'm actually anti-covid.

I'm actually anti-covid.

I'll take that as a yes then.

I'll take that as a yes then.
    Take what you will. I won't need to take a vaccine for an illness I won't have.

• Advertisement

Take what you will. I won't need to take a vaccine for an illness I won't have.

You clearly have other issues that need addressing first.

You clearly have other issues that need addressing first.

Not really. I just like an auld preachy rant now and again Hun xoxo
    #JustCarlowThings

• Registered Users Posts: 1,861 ✭✭✭Nokia6230i

Passing by Penneys on Kennedy Ave. & the right hand side of the car park is somewhat fenced/cordoned off; think I saw shutters up in the centre itself too.

P.P. sign on the right hand side on the bridge dating back to 23-5-2021 by Christopher Lee Engineering Ltd., Royal Oak for to erect 729 Sq. Metres (m2) of photovoltaic panels on the roof.

In laymnans terms I presume that's solar panels is it?

• Registered Users Posts: 238 ✭✭Cw85

See the whole 10 anti vaxers out protesting in front of Jennifer Murnane's office on Monday afternoon. Telling people walking by to take off their masks that they don't need them. Don't know who the head woman running it was but my god I've never met a more annoying uninformed eejit in my entire life, blowing a whistle and acting like it was all great fun.

Fairly sure I know who she is; ran for Renua in Tullow LEA in 2019 & is a Secondary School Teacher in Co. Carlow or Co. Wexford; might've also ran for Renua in GE 2020 too.

Don't know who else was there but I know the guy who walks/trains the dogs was there & is involved now; he was at their Saturday 3pm Gathering on Potato Mkt. too.

Flange is also involved too & the guy who's a Romanian P-T/Strongman/Ironman & Bodybuilder.

Yes they were all there, and seen videos of some of them at the gatherings in Dublin last night also. The only positive is that there was only 10 of them, kike a small deluded cult! The only people I seen signing their petition were people who most likely wouldn't be let into pubs anyway.

Anyone know/remember when, and indeed why Maggie Bolgers shut? I know it was "sometime" in the 00s but not when......

Reason for asking is the property & adjoining townhouse on Brown St. is for sale via Sherry Fitzgerald McDermott on Burrin St.

Reckon with condition of both properties it'll be a tough sale; they're both being sold separately or together.

Funny how a certain Councillor can park all day in the 30min free parking bay on Tullow Street without getting a ticket yet everyone else can. He doesn't have an office there, although a family member of his does. The town is short enough on free parking without people like him taking one up for the day and this is nearly every day the past few weeks.

The 30 Minutes Free Parking is so open to abuse though no matter who's involved; like we've 5 areas.

You just throw the motor there; head on & don't even have to get a ticket proving what time you've arrived so the Maor Trachtala has to find you, come back half an hour lateer and even then there's some class of an unwritten grace period; could be 5, 10 minutes.

But by time traffic warden finds you initially you could be there already 5, 10 minutes etc. It's a matter of luck I guess for motorist.

• Advertisement

Above I mentioned Maggie Bolgers & adjoining townhouse which're up for sale; the signs actually say Sherry Fitzgerald McCreery & not, as I previously stated Sherry Fitzgerald McDermott; McCreerys're a Kilkenny branch of the network.

McCreerys're also handling the sale of Crottys Bakery on Tullow St.

Also on Tullow St. Sherry-Fitz McDermott are handling sale of the vacant unit beside Goldmark Jewellers; there's an active/non-vacant unit, Teefahs Hairdressing, in between it & Crottys.

I think all four properties're opened by same person?

Think also it'll be a tough sale in all cases.....

I presume this DAFT listing means Nancy Whiskeys in Haymarket has permanently closed?

Did it reopen after March 2020 at all?

Looks good inside; I remember there as a half and half Polish Pub inside at one stage?

https://www.daft.ie/commercial-property-for-sale/haymarket-carlow-town-co-carlow/2932834

Anyone know what the parking is like down at clashganny lock and would I be mad to go down there tomrrow in this weather?

• Registered Users Posts: 60,393 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

Probably a bit late for you, The car park there is tiny and it's usually jammed packed in summer months.

• Registered Users Posts: 983 ✭✭✭Notmything

Any recommendations for getting some not too expensive lino in Carlow?

Google is only throwing up a handful of results and am on a mega tight budget.

Just an observation but was in doing a Snag List on a property in Clayton Hall & had reason to be exiting it on a number of occasions during this; it's not a location I'd be in much to be fair.

By God but the roundabout there with what is a fairly blind spot to the right hand side for traffic coming in the Tullow Rd./N80 is a bit made.

Whoever designed it clearly wasn't planning living there that's for sure.

Also avoid Carlow town park this Saturday at 12 Noon; more in the Covid 19 thread.

Some amount of action over in the barrow valley retail park, looks to be actually becoming a retail park with Jysk making it's presence known and I see the army surplus has relocated and from what I could see today a gym going into the units between the army surplus and meridian motors. Possibly Ben Dunne gym at long last I know they have planning several years ago.

• Registered Users Posts: 348 ✭✭RossGeller

Just back in Carlow after a few months and noticed Carry Out is gone.

You would think an off license would do fine in Carlow, especially in these times.

• Registered Users Posts: 943 ✭✭✭Real Life

Its not Ben Dunne, its just called The Gym. They have places in Monasterevin and Newbridge already. Probably the most well known gym in Ireland amongst the Fitness / Bodybuilding community. It will be big and a very good gym but also expensive.

• Advertisement

Ah fair enough, a bit of a shame as while I'm not a massive fan of Ben Dunne gyms they're great for the occasional user due to the low membership fees. I tend to avoid those body building gyms as there always seems to be the stereotypical meat head hogging the show. I wonder how it will affect they gym at the other end as it looks twice the size? Brilliant to see a bit of life down there though at long last. If someone had the business sense to get a coffee shop set up now they'd be onto a good thing

Advertisement