Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Random Waffle Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,120 ✭✭✭Ms2011

Can pay at all of them with a card now or at least I didn't come across one that didn't take card, was down there about a month ago several times over the course of a weekend and used card each time. Just be aware that the entrance you used to go in through at the car park is closed after 8pm every night and you have to walk around through the main entrance then.

Great thanks, have an appointment in the morning so will be in and out before noon.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,861 ✭✭✭Nokia6230i

That is shocking stuff altogether they tried to burn the guy alive.

This case is featured in court reports of this weeks paper; the guy charged (just one) was refused bail last week; he's 18-19 years old; an accelerant was used, €500 damage caused to property & the victim has burns to 15% of his body & remains in hospital.

Romeos Gourmet Burgers & Takeway have opened in Haymarket (where La Pizzeria was; might have that name wrong to be polite) beside Clerkins/Stonehenge & opp. Ewings > https://www.facebook.com/RomeosBurgers/

Duplicate bit to Jobs post; they're also looking for delivery drivers & p-t receptionist)

• Registered Users Posts: 7,879 ✭✭✭patrickc

Nokia6230i wrote: »
    Romeos Gourmet Burgers & Takeway have opened in Haymarket (where La Pizzeria was; might have that name wrong to be polite) beside Clerkins/Stonehenge & opp. Ewings > https://www.facebook.com/RomeosBurgers/

Duplicate bit to Jobs post; they're also looking for delivery drivers & p-t receptionist)

That place has had so many name changes, is it it all under the one owner?

if so I'm not surprised he was downright rude when he had the butchers

• Registered Users Posts: 6,368 ✭✭✭iwillhtfu

patrickc wrote: »

Is that the one that was a restaurant called La Fermiér or something along those lines. I only noticed it one day and the following week it was closed down. Menu looked a bit pretentious.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 943 ✭✭✭Real Life

patrickc wrote: »

I think its been all different owners. It was a BBQ/Tapas kind of place with the guy you're talking about as far as I know. Then Le Fermier came along, that was different owners, I did some work for them a while back they were very nice people and now its Romeos, I don't know anything about who owns it now.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,619 ✭✭✭votecounts

Hoping for bit of help. Printer at home just died. Is there anywhere in Carlow that I would be allowed use a PC to print something. Library is out because of Covid, I assume everywhere else is the same. Presume a new printer is the answer.
    TIA

votecounts wrote: »
    Hoping for bit of help. Printer at home just died. Is there anywhere in Carlow that I would be allowed use a PC to print something. Library is out because of Covid, I assume everywhere else is the same. Presume a new printer is the answer.
    TIA

New printer is an option but to give you time to consider your options there there are other outlets.

Recharge're who I use; opposite to the Post Office there; you can email the stuff to them/him (Richard) or bring in USB key etc. 0599118975

Nearby to there is AZAP Print (Castle St. Off - Licence unit) & then there's also Jones Business Systems on O'Brien Rd. too I think.

Edited to say that's if it's just printing; if you require use of an actual PC/laptop as well as printer then I don't think there are any actual options like the library offered.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,879 ✭✭✭patrickc

iwillhtfu wrote: »
    Is that the one that was a restaurant called La Fermiér or something along those lines. I only noticed it one day and the following week it was closed down. Menu looked a bit pretentious.

Yes thats the one.

• Registered Users Posts: 238 ✭✭Cw85

Any one else in and around the town during the days, especially Tullow Street. I've noticed on three occasions now young lads cycling bikes the wrong way up Tullow Street in the middle of the road from Tully's bar area to the junction at Subway doing wheelies and then flying on to the curbs where people are walking. The could easily be knocked down or knock someone over and seriously injure them with the speed they go at. These wouldn't be lads you would confront of you get me.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,432 ✭✭✭Ivefoundgod

Cw85 wrote: »
    Any one else in and around the town during the days, especially Tullow Street. I've noticed on three occasions now young lads cycling bikes the wrong way up Tullow Street in the middle of the road from Tully's bar area to the junction at Subway doing wheelies and then flying on to the curbs where people are walking. The could easily be knocked down or knock someone over and seriously injure them with the speed they go at. These wouldn't be lads you would confront of you get me.

Can't say I've noticed that but wouldn't be down there too often. What I have found is those scooters are an accident waiting to happen. Kids from 12 to ages that should know better seem to think they can do what they want on them. Worst I've seen was last night around 9.30pm driving along O' Brien road coming up to the roundabout at Lidl, young lad on one comes down the Wexford road and cuts across the roundabout going against the flow of traffic and out onto the O' Brien road. Could have been hit easily by a car coming onto the roundabout and he never even looked. Only for I saw him as I approached the roundabout I could have hit him myself. Stuff like that seems to happen every day I'm in the car, switching from road to footpath and back again without even a glance. Have seen several near misses and I'd imagine people walking have been struck multiple times at this stage. Not sure how it can be policed, if they stick to the cycle lanes they'll be fine but I do think there needs to be some legislation brought in. They should have same kind of rules as bikes I think though how you can enforce that on a teenager who doesn't give a **** I do not know.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,758 ✭✭✭✭BattleCorp

Can't say I've noticed that but wouldn't be down there too often. What I have found is those scooters are an accident waiting to happen. Kids from 12 to ages that should know better seem to think they can do what they want on them. Worst I've seen was last night around 9.30pm driving along O' Brien road coming up to the roundabout at Lidl, young lad on one comes down the Wexford road and cuts across the roundabout going against the flow of traffic and out onto the O' Brien road. Could have been hit easily by a car coming onto the roundabout and he never even looked. Only for I saw him as I approached the roundabout I could have hit him myself. Stuff like that seems to happen every day I'm in the car, switching from road to footpath and back again without even a glance. Have seen several near misses and I'd imagine people walking have been struck multiple times at this stage. Not sure how it can be policed, if they stick to the cycle lanes they'll be fine but I do think there needs to be some legislation brought in. They should have same kind of rules as bikes I think though how you can enforce that on a teenager who doesn't give a **** I do not know.

If it's the electric scooters you are talking about, they are mechanically propelled vehicles and should follow the rules of the road and be taxed and insured (and possibly licenced) the same as any othe mechanically propelled vehicle.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,340 ✭✭✭✭Beechwoodspark

Was down in carlow yesterday afternoon with the wife visiting her mother

I went for a walk into the town centre to see how things were going.

I heard it before I saw it - A group of druggie/homeless ppl doing an impromptu “concert” with loud amplifiers at the fountain

Not a note on their heads and some literally off their rockers on various substances.

A man with what sounded like a Scottish accent loudly shouting abuse at passers by. No guards to be seen.

It was intimidating and unwelcoming

Was down in carlow yesterday afternoon with the wife visiting her mother

I went for a walk into the town centre to see how things were going.

I heard it before I saw it - A group of druggie/homeless ppl doing an impromptu “concert” with loud amplifiers at the fountain

Not a note on their heads and some literally off their rockers on various substances.

A man with what sounded like a Scottish accent loudly shouting abuse at passers by. No guards to be seen.

It was intimidating and unwelcoming

Scottish lad? Yeah, know him, artist & talented but prone to such outbursts; not sure we're allowed name names on here so won't but by all means PM me on it.

Was in court maybe a couple of times in last year or so; attempted a hold up of a hair salon on Tullow St.; they, rightly, took it seriously, but it was lessened in court by his brief in terms of whatever weapon he produced; it may've been something as "simple" as a toy gun from the shop next door; can't specificly recall all the details.

But he's notorious for being a p**s head in public; tolerated perhaps because his art work is pretty neat in fairness.......

Can't comment on rest but yeah, fountain's best avoided for such reasons; town park's going, gone that way to some extent also.

• Registered Users Posts: 329 ✭✭Be well and win

walked the dog downtown one evening last week, surprised and a wee bit disappointed at the amount of drinking going on around the fountain, not a great ad for the town.

I was told by someone that crack has taken hold in town and the addicts are turning into complete zombies on it and can be aggressive and there is not much the garda can actually do as they arrest them and put them in front of judge who gives them a slap in the wrist and sets them back out on the street and the garda arrest them again and the cycle continues.

• Registered Users Posts: 983 ✭✭✭The Royal Scam

Sitting outside looking up at the stars and sipping my cup of late night tea and all I can hear in the stillness of the night are dopes doing donuts on the roads around Ballon. WTF is wrong with people.
    Have noticed a massive amount of possibly these people in their Halfords spec diesels at junction 5 circle K. Some of them doing stupid speeds and burn outs around the vicinity of the forecourt with all the people and kids around. Only a matter of time something serious happens.

This town is simply gone to the dogs. I seen two videos of events that happened yesterday. One was some guy being knocked out across the road from AIB Bank when a guy walked up behind him and boxed him in the side of the head and walked off. The second concerned a number of women and men beside the post office fighting on the road. Both incidents occurred in day light hours. It's gone to the stage where you'd nearly be afraid walking around the town, something needs to be done urgently as this is happening more and more often.

• Registered Users Posts: 734 ✭✭✭doughef

Cw85 wrote: »
    This town is simply gone to the dogs. I seen two videos of events that happened yesterday. One was some guy being knocked out across the road from AIB Bank when a guy walked up behind him and boxed him in the side of the head and walked off. The second concerned a number of women and men beside the post office fighting on the road. Both incidents occurred in day light hours. It's gone to the stage where you'd nearly be afraid walking around the town, something needs to be done urgently as this is happening more and more often.

Seen those videos. Fairly disturbing.
    Did this always happen or is it just easier to see now due to social media ?
    The girls one was particularly rough.

doughef wrote: »
    Seen those videos. Fairly disturbing.
    Did this always happen or is it just easier to see now due to social media ?
    The girls one was particularly rough.

Haven't seen either clip; we mustn't float in same circles ha ha!

But up around Shamrock Plaza the benches there're an absolute hive for anti-social behaviour as they offer cover for nefarious activities.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 943 ✭✭✭Real Life

I haven't seen any of the videos or even heard about these incidents, was the first one completely unprovoked?

Given the characters involved where the guy was knocked out across from AIB I highly doubt it was unprovoked. The one at the post office appeared to be travelers. This isn't only more highlighted because of social media. As someone who works in the center of town I can say it's getting scarier to walk around the town at any stage of the day.

Rally for Life today 2pm-3 O'Clock & then an anti-lockdown (and everything else...) gathering after that; though think they both segued into one another given over-lap in terms of opinions, attendees.

From footage I've seen we're talking between single to low double figures & usual suspects.

These people preaching that women don't have the right to their own bodies despite a referendum of the people of Ireland stating otherwise followed by these same people crying that they have the right not to have the vaccine put in their bodies and they don't even see the irony in what they are preaching.

I am not going to say what I think of these people because it's not nice reading them posting on It's all about Carlow Facebook page is enough to give me a rage headache.

I am not going to say what I think of these people because it's not nice reading them posting on It's all about Carlow Facebook page is enough to give me a rage headache.

That page attracts the utter dregs of society in Carlow I stopped following it years ago when young Anthony got his knickers in a twist over people calling it "All about Anthony" as he strutted around with his phone like he was lead reporter for CNN or something.

• Registered Users Posts: 60,351 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

The fountain would be a lovely spot if wasn't nearly permanently taken over by those who should be in Dympna's getting proper support.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,432 ✭✭✭Ivefoundgod

That page attracts the utter dregs of society in Carlow I stopped following it years ago when young Anthony got his knickers in a twist over people calling it "All about Anthony" as he strutted around with his phone like he was lead reporter for CNN or something.

I'm shocked that page is still up considering his wholesale copying and pasting of other actual news outlets articles to the page. I know he got called out for it a few times by KCLRs Eimer Brennan and then put up a lengthy self pitying post about how he's not a journalist and only trying to help the people of Carlow. If I was working for any of the places he regularly copies from I'd have reported the page to Facebook a hundred times at this stage and get it DMCA'd or whatever its called.

• Registered Users Posts: 975 ✭✭✭Notmything

Be careful, or he'll get back onto boards over people talking about him here.

• Advertisement

Notmything wrote: »
    Be careful, or he'll get back onto boards over people talking about him here.

He seems the type to relish being the topic of conversation. As I said though haven't followed that page in a long time as it showed what really is lurking not to far under the surface in Carlow.

Advertisement