Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Superintending 2021

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,129 ✭✭✭mistersifter

The room I was in was grim. Very small, everything filthy and falling apart. I pitied the students having to learn and do exams in that environment.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,257 ✭✭✭deiseindublin

Millem wrote: »
    Superintending is 30 days after you send in your financial form. Summer Provision pay date this year is 28th October.

LCVP portfolio examiners that had their conference last March still haven't been paid. My friend emailed them and was told it'd be soon.

Does seem a long time, even if they got some communication to say there was a delay. I think claim forms were delayed being posted out to them also.

• Registered Users Posts: 46 Tiredteach

Tell everyone ! Knew of a case where principal verbally abused a leaving cert superintendent and then bad mouthed them to other local schools. Nothing could be done. SEC would/could do nothing.

• Registered Users Posts: 46 Tiredteach

gaiscioch wrote: »
    I'm getting mildly concerned about the length of my Final Report now as apart from a drawing of the room layout all I had was something like "grand" under each question.

Be careful what you write in the report. The school gets to see it.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,921 ✭✭✭Bananaleaf

sitstill wrote: »
    Finishing up today and I was putting the empty exam paper box in my car this morning before the exam. I got literally verbally abused by the school caretaker. “Parking is for staff only”, I said does superintendent not count as staff?. He said no, and you need permission to park here. I had used public transport every day but on the drop off days and today obviously had to drive. So I told him I couldn’t move now as the exam was about to start and I walked off. Then, standing at the window, I could hear him speaking to someone else from the school and he referred to me as “that superintendent ******”. I feel very upset about this exchange as I was trying to do the work to the best of my ability to be subjected to homophobia, and any other school I’ve been in, parking was never an issue. Who do I complain to about this man, the school or the SEC?

@sitstill I am so sorry this happened to you. Tell everyone about this. I would be making a formal complaint about it to the school principal and to the SEC. In writing. I hope you are okay. Sending you a virtual hug. I know you mention homophobia but I don't doubt that part of it was also because you are a teacher too - honest to God, we are not seen as human beings at all by a lot of folk.
    gaiscioch wrote: »
    I'm getting mildly concerned about the length of my Final Report now as apart from a drawing of the room layout all I had was something like "grand" under each question.

That is all I ever put in mine

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 330 ✭✭Alex86Eire

I got paid yesterday! Definitely earlier than expected.

got paid during the week too... and payslip came in the post. They had said they try to process payments within 30 days of centre closing but got mine early.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,529 ✭✭✭gaiscioch

Just as an indicator, what date did you each send in your claim form? I sent mine in on 25 June and haven't been paid yet.

• Registered Users Posts: 330 ✭✭Alex86Eire

I posted mine on Friday the 25th and the money arrived in my account last Thursday 15th

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 241 ✭✭Aquals

I posted mine on the 29th and am still yet to be paid. It’s heartening to hear of payments coming through already though!

• Registered Users Posts: 38 Trekky77

Great to see the SEC are so on the ball this year with payments. I would say anyone that finished on the 29th could be paid in the next week or so.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,529 ✭✭✭gaiscioch

Saw the payment in my account this morning, 22 July. I posted the form in on Friday 25 June. Fair play.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 27,103 CMod ✭✭✭✭spurious

Bah. Hoped with others getting it quickly I would have it by the weekend. Sent 30th June. Next week maybe.

• Registered Users Posts: 311 ✭✭Sir123

Just checked my revenue account and there appears to be a payment coming to me this Thursday. Claim form sent 28th June. Thought I would be waiting a lot longer. Annoyed that they never looked at my tax cert, usc over taxed, but ah well! I reckon they’ll have all payments processed within the next two weeks.

• Registered Users Posts: 39 Audioh8

Did this payment show as coming from the SEC on Revenue? I sent my form in 28th also and can’t see anything just yet.

• Registered Users Posts: 311 ✭✭Sir123

Yeah it came up as SEC. I set them up as an employer before the exams started. You still might get it but it might not just be showing up, depends on whether you added their employer number at the beginning. I’d check in the morning and pray😂

• Registered Users Posts: 1 nineteenninetynine

Anyone know if daily subsistence and travel expenses are included in the gross pay or if this is sent separately? I thought I read somewhere that this isn't taxed so I was wondering how they sort it!

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 27,103 CMod ✭✭✭✭spurious

Did you get anything yet Audio8?

Posted mine the 29th. I just hope they haven't lost mine - it has happened a couple of times before.

• Registered Users Posts: 39 Audioh8

No not a thing yet, however I did email and they said within two weeks all should be processed. So let’s remain positive!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 15,381 ✭✭✭✭rainbowtrout

It's all in the one payment. You'll get a payslip in the post and a breakdown of pay for supervision, expenses etc. The portion that is expenses is not taxed.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,034 ✭✭✭chases0102

No sign yet - posted my bits on June 29th. Might make contact.

Same here. I really hope they haven't lost mine again.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,380 ✭✭✭sitstill

I also posted mine on the 29th and got paid today. I'd say you will have yours very soon!

They tell me now it is 30 working days, but they never said working days before. I finished the 28th, posted the 29th.

They didn't receive mine until the 1st July. Thank you An Post you useless POS. Jesus it could even be next week.

When your income is 640 a fortnight, these things matter.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,380 ✭✭✭sitstill

Do you have a Revenue online account? My payment was visible on there since last Friday

I do. Nothing in it, which is why I thought Athlone had lost my stuff again, but they have the claim form. Over a month now. Were there that many of us on until the last couple of days?

Came here to see if there was anyone else still waiting to be paid. I see that there is. 30 working days my eye. That was never the case before.

I don't think I'd mind waiting if it was anywhere else I was dealing with. It just drives be bananas how 11th hour everything always has and will be with the SEC

I didn't get the form in the post until 2nd/3rd July or thereabouts so I'd say I will be waiting!!!!!!

I'd say the vast majority of us were on until the last day. But, unless I'm missing something huge, how can it still take that long I wonder?

This further cements my belief that the SEC have just the one person working in that office at any one time, doing everything.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,552 ✭✭✭Treppen

People who undertook spring provision have been given another pushed out date to end of August.

Alot of teachers who did do it are now realising that the 52% effective tax rate will make them think twice next year. Mightn't be so bad if they're on the lower tax rate.

Advertisement