Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Superintending 2021

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 27,264 CMod ✭✭✭✭spurious

Got it in my pack and got another when I collected the second batch of papers.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,382 ✭✭✭✭rainbowtrout

Aquals wrote: »
    Did anyone receive a form where you sign to say that you did the online training etc? Some superintendents in our school received it but most did not!

No, I only got the one that said the box was checked after collection.

• Registered Users Posts: 243 ✭✭Aquals

Thanks for the replies guys. I phoned them today and they emailed me out the form to print.

There is something missing, for me anyway, every year!!

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 27,264 CMod ✭✭✭✭spurious

No, I only got the one that said the box was checked after collection.

Does it not have a line at the top of that one about the training? Colour images on form, three spaces to sign about about checking?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,380 ✭✭✭sitstill

spurious wrote: »
    Does it not have a line at the top of that one about the training? Colour images on form, three spaces to sign about about checking?

Yeah it does!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,382 ✭✭✭✭rainbowtrout

I have mine posted back, got it signed the first day so didn’t look at it since

They told me to post it back to the financial section with my form of account. But, sure they must be used to various forms coming back in the wrong envelopes etc. They don't exactly make things clear!!

For those that superintend regularly, is there any sort of advance, as there is for examining?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,135 ✭✭✭mtoutlemonde

For those that superintend regularly, is there any sort of advance, as there is for examining?

In the past, there was but that was used to pay the attendant but the school is paying them now.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,011 ✭✭✭Random sample

There doesn’t seem to be an advance for marking this year either, just FYI!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,534 ✭✭✭gaiscioch

In the past, there was but that was used to pay the attendant but the school is paying them now.

Never knew that until now. Makes more sense.

Did anybody get a hand truck this year? I’m filling in the blue ‘Form of Account’ and the ‘If you have returned the hand truck(tick the box)’ is still at the bottom of it this year.

Lastly, if your own teaching school is nearer the distribution centre than is your home, does the SEC calculate from there, while if your assigned location school is nearer your home, they calculate from your home? It seems illogical to calculate from school in the middle of summer as none of us would be going into school at that time.

Is the fee for collection of exam boxes on the three days inclusive of driving expenses, or are they added to it?

• Registered Users Posts: 46 Tiredteach

The travel and subsistence expenses are separate to the daily and collection rates.

gaiscioch wrote: »
    Never knew that until now. Makes more sense.

Did anybody get a hand truck this year? I’m filling in the blue ‘Form of Account’ and the ‘If you have returned the hand truck(tick the box)’ is still at the bottom of it this year.

Lastly, if your own teaching school is nearer the distribution centre than is your home, does the SEC calculate from there, while if your assigned location school is nearer your home, they calculate from your home? It seems illogical to calculate from school in the middle of summer as none of us would be going into school at that time.

I just put n/a in the hand truck box on the form. Would have been handy to have it this year with the amount of times we had to cart the box around!!

I won't be able to manage the weight of the stationery box. I am bringing a little wheelie thing I have from home.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,185 ✭✭✭mistersifter

Could anyone confirm, do we need to include receipts for travel and substinence or do they just apply the flat rate based on your times or departure/arrival?

Was also wondering the same about the face mask and sanitizer allowance of 50 euro?

Cheers!

No need to provide receipts. Just the total km mileage. Stick the 50.00 Ppe in Column 8 on the blue sheet.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,921 ✭✭✭Bananaleaf

Tiredteach wrote: »
    No need to provide receipts. Just the total km mileage. Stick the 50.00 Ppe in Column 8 on the blue sheet.

Do we need to provide receipts for the PPE?

Is the fee for collection of exam boxes on the three days inclusive of driving expenses, or are they added to it?

Add them

Bananaleaf wrote: »
    Do we need to provide receipts for the PPE?

No need. It’s an automatic payment for the Ppe.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 331 ✭✭Alex86Eire

Could someone tell me what their centre roll envelope looks like? It says in the booklet it should say centre roll on it but I can't find one. Is it the big brown one by any chance?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,729 ✭✭✭Millem

Alex86Eire wrote: »
    Could someone tell me what their centre roll envelope looks like? It says in the booklet it should say centre roll on it but I can't find one. Is it the big brown one by any chance?

Your exam aide has it along with financial envelope.

Millem wrote: »

I'm finished and have all of my envelopes but don't have one that says centre roll on it. I'm just wondering if the centre roll envelope is a brown one with 21 on it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,549 ✭✭✭Leftwaffe

The exam aide has the superintendents centre roll envelopes?

Is the exam aide sending them all back or what? First I ve heard of it.

Yes it's the big brown one.
    Mine was left by the exam aide together with the Financial returns one in a little pocket.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,729 ✭✭✭Millem

Leftwaffe wrote: »
    The exam aide has the superintendents centre roll envelopes?

Is the exam aide sending them all back or what? First I ve heard of it.

No you were meant to get the envelopes off them the first box collection day.

I'm finished and have all of my envelopes but don't have one that says centre roll on it. I'm just wondering if the centre roll envelope is a brown one with 21 on it.

That’s the one !

Why?

My centre roll envelope was in the white envelope I got at distribution centre on day one

I have no centre roll envelopes for superintendents. Never heard anything from them about it and most of our centres are closed already.

• Advertisement

Contradictory info re sending back Russian scripts. Should I use the standard green envelope (p.86 in 'Day to day instructions') or special maroon one (p.43 in 'General Instructions' book)?

Contradictory info re sending back Russian scripts. Should I use the standard green envelope (p.86 in 'Day to day instructions') or special maroon one (p.43 in 'General Instructions' book)?

Also wondering this!

I'm tending towards the special one myself but will see can I get an answer from Athlone.

I'm tending towards the special one myself but will see can I get an answer from Athlone.

Will you let me know if you get an answer from them?

• Registered Users Posts: 114 ✭✭LW2018

sitstill wrote: »
    Will you let me know if you get an answer from them?

Also wondering this... A superintendent asked me this today so I'm unsure. I always thought maroon was only for the NCLs but in the general Superintendent guidelines for 2021, it says maroon for NCL and Russian... Hopefully SEC will get back...

Athlone have replied to me. The Russian scripts go back in the maroon bag.

Yes it’s maroon for those. Wish I’d looked here earlier.

Tomorrow is my last day and I'm so grateful. It has been so long this year. I've always felt that the superintending was free money, but this year it felt more earned than in previous years.

Good luck to those of you who have Russian etc next week, at least your Sundays are your own again

Bananaleaf wrote: »
    Tomorrow is my last day and I'm so grateful. It has been so long this year. I've always felt that the superintending was free money, but this year it felt more earned than in previous years.

Good luck to those of you who have Russian etc next week, at least your Sundays are your own again

I think the Sunday collections were a big draw back this year. What was the need for the weekly collection does anyone know?

• Advertisement

I think the Sunday collections were a big draw back this year. What was the need for the weekly collection does anyone know?

I had 9am collections so it was grand because I felt that I still had my Sundays. I think it should go back to a single collection day though. I still have Monday and Tuesday to get through, but the end is in sight!

You were lucky. I had afternoon collections. The day was dragged out and gone. I won’t be doing it again.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,185 ✭✭✭mistersifter

Called the SEC this morning about the record of postage booklet.

There is conflicting info in the general instructions as on one page it says to return it in the financial section envelope and on the following page it says to return it in the centre roll envelope.

They said the record of post should really go to the financial section, but since the financial envelope is quite small, it's OK to put it in the centre roll envelope.

Just rang the 1800 number and the ‘Superintendent Validation Form, 2021’ should be put in the blue form of account envelope and sent to the Financial Section. Nothing about it on the otherwise usefully succinct infograph on p. 47 of the ‘General Instructions to Superintendents, 2021’ booklet that I’m following to close down this centre.

Also, I found confirmation that the envelope with ‘21’ on it is, in fact, the Centre Roll envelope. It’s on the sheet headed ‘Contents of the Large Superintendent’s Envelope’ and at the bottom of the page it says ‘There will also be a pouch in the schol where you are superintending containing the following items:…5. ENV 21 Return of Centre Roll Envelope. 6. ENV32 (small white envelope) Claim Form Return Envelope for Financial Section.’

It could have been helpful if they just named the envelope ‘Centre Roll’, rather the 21 and left it unnamed. I’m still not sure what the envelope numbered 14, and the four envelopes labelled BPE4 are for but I don’t think I’ve anything to put in them.

You were lucky. I had afternoon collections. The day was dragged out and gone. I won’t be doing it again.

We also had afternoon collections but the people in Masterlink said if we wanted to come back early for the next collection we could, so we agreed with the exam aide in the school, who was here at 10am for us, rather than in the afternoon. So that freed up the day.

Like others, I’m not sure why they divided it into three sets of collections rather than the usual one collection.

Has anybody orange-coloured tamper-proof seals? Page 18 of ‘General Instructions’ says we have them, but I only have yellow plastic ones (lots of them). Apparently, we have to record the number of the ‘orange’ seals we used for the stationery box each day in Section E of the Record of Posting, with the date and time they were opened. I have all of the broken yellow seals in the stationery box I’m returning, but never recorded the dates and times for each one. Oh well, perhaps next year.

• Advertisement

Has anybody orange-coloured tamper-proof seals? Page 18 of ‘General Instructions’ says we have them, but I only have yellow plastic ones (lots of them). Apparently, we have to record the number of the ‘orange’ seals we used for the stationery box each day in Section E of the Record of Posting, with the date and time they were opened. I have all of the broken yellow seals in the stationery box I’m returning, but never recorded the dates and times for each one. Oh well, perhaps next year.

I recorded the dates and times of the yellow ones. I'd say they just made a mistake in the booklet with the colour.

They used to be orange.

Can you fill the in now? You would have used two ten minutes after every exam and the date is on the timetable. Might save you some hassle - don’t know if they check.

I pity the person checking the turned inside out plastic bags and the teturned used ties for the stationery boxes. Civil servicedom on drugs.

I pity the person checking the turned inside out plastic bags and the teturned used ties for the stationery boxes. Civil servicedom on drugs.

That would definitely keep someone busy until at least Christmas - crosschecking serial number with the record of postage booklet :)

I'm assuming none of it is actually checked, unless an issue emerges

• Advertisement
Advertisement