Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Covid-19 Kerry

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,164 ✭✭✭lottpaul

Both are listed, you just have to click "Load More" twice at the bottom of the page.

Many thanks :) I just clicked once :o

• Registered Users Posts: 2,793 ✭✭✭oeb

Bit frustrating seeing all these young wans and young fellas posting about getting the vaccine, and at 40, I'm still waiting to be called for mine :( Registered like 3 weeks ago (I only just turned 40) and they gave me an appointment once, but of course, it was the single day in the last three weeks that I was not actually in Killarney, so I replied with "new".

I rang the HSE helpline and they said it's three weeks from the last refusal of a date.

• Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 5,763 Mod ✭✭✭✭Quackster

oeb wrote: »
    Bit frustrating seeing all these young wans and young fellas posting about getting the vaccine, and at 40, I'm still waiting to be called for mine :( Registered like 3 weeks ago (I only just turned 40) and they gave me an appointment once, but of course, it was the single day in the last three weeks that I was not actually in Killarney, so I replied with "new".

I rang the HSE helpline and they said it's three weeks from the last refusal of a date.
    Don't rely on the SMS. If you need to reschedule, log into your account at vaccine.hse.ie and keep checking there for your new appointment.

When I had to change my original appointment, I did so online and was rescheduled for 24 hours later.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,804 ✭✭✭An Ciarraioch

77 cases in the county for the fortnight up to the 4th, with the 5-day average now at 10 - only problem being we don't have UHK hospital and ICU stats.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,793 ✭✭✭oeb

Quackster wrote: »
    Don't rely on the SMS. If you need to reschedule, log into your account at vaccine.hse.ie and keep checking there for your new appointment.

When I had to change my original appointment, I did so online and was rescheduled for 24 hours later.

It's been sitting at the "Waiting for first appointment" thing for weeks, I have been checking it daily.

• Advertisement

Since we were away, Tralee, Castleisland and Corca Dhuibhne all recorded case numbers below 5, and thus the incidence rate wasn't recorded, while Listowel registered 6 (20.9 per 100,000). South Kerry is like another county, with Kenmare on 19 (75.8) and Killarney on 49 (165.5)!

• Registered Users Posts: 24,024 ✭✭✭✭ejmaztec

Anyone know anything about the EU Covid Passport app? I saw that it was supposed to be available, and I've even seen stock photos on the interweb of phones with the app on it. There seem to be a few country specific ones (excluding Ireland of course) in the iPhone app store, but they're the only ones I found🤓

• Registered Users Posts: 85,900 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

Is the fun fair in Killarney open or closed?

You're getting an email with a cert, save the attachment to your phone...that's your actual passport...there won't be an app for Ireland by all accounts, no actual need

• Registered Users Posts: 24,024 ✭✭✭✭ejmaztec

I got my email with a cert, and my wife got a cert in the post, so I suppose hers will have to be scanned. I like proper apps, it's annoying not having one for this 🤣

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,195 ✭✭✭xxyyzz

I read somewhere that the covid tracker app will have a future update where it can display the cert. I'm not sure how likely that is

• Registered Users Posts: 85,900 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

As expected, case numbers have risen significantly over the last week:

Listowel: 17 (+11), 59.3 per 100,000 incidence

Tralee: 9 (+ >5) 27.2

Corca Dhuibhne: 11 (+ >7) 77.6

Castleisland: 16 (+ >12) 93.3

Kenmare: 28 (+9) 112.7

Killarney: 82 (+33) 277

Seems odd that Tralee appears to have things under control when population density and thus social interactions work against this, the tourist season evidently causing the higher rates in Killarney. Thankfully, Kerry's Eye reporting that there's only one Covid patient in UHK.

Rate of growth has slowed at least, from the 163 above (Tuesday) to 194 today:

https://twitter.com/gavreilly/status/1416072761282281477

No Covid cases, either confirmed or suspected, in UHK last night, which suggests the ongoing rise here is mainly in under-40s.

Tralee and Corca Dhuibhne still with the lowest figures this week:

Listowel: 35 (+18), 122.1 per 100,000

Castleisland: 43 (+27), 250.8 per 100,000

Tralee: 18 (+9), 54.5

Corca Dhuibhne: 18 (+7), 126.9

Killarney: 107 (+25), 361.4

Kenmare: 35 (+7), 139.7

• Registered Users Posts: 13,330 ✭✭✭✭Igotadose

Just on the Corca Dhuibhne number, 18 is pretty high. Previous high I remember from some time back was 11. Was at or near zero for a long time.

But, we're unlocked and it's teeming with tourists and locals returning from holidays. Plus there are a fair few locals who are anti-vax, unfortunately.

• Registered Users Posts: 99 ✭✭pickled101

I'm beginning to think the anti-vax group have a point.

I'm over 50, double pfizer vaccinated since the middle of June, have my new covid vaccine passport and just tested positive for Covid so isolating :-)

So much for being vaccinated

Bit of an achy feeling and tired but no big deal.

Didn't go outdoor dining, hadn't planned to go indoor.

I know who I caught it from, an unvaccinated child.

Ok so I isolate for 10 days and will have recovered from Covid + be fully vaccinated but is that enough to say I won't get it again?

Best to ask your questions on the main covid thread, not the Kerry one. Not sure why you posted it here.

• Registered Users Posts: 99 ✭✭pickled101

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 731 ✭✭✭barryribs

Thats pretty rough, hopefully the vaccination will minimise the impact and you'll make a speedy recovery.

It's as simple as this

https://tenor.com/view/but-did-you-die-ken-jeong-gif-4930689

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 9,350 Mod ✭✭✭✭Ciarrai76

This thread is about Covid in Kerry, they are entitled to post about it here.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 9,350 Mod ✭✭✭✭Ciarrai76

I am hearing of a lot of people who are fully vaccinated catching it. But unfortunately its only a vaccine and not a cure nor does it prevent it so people are going to still get it. Hopefully symptoms will be less severe and less will be hospitalised.

Walk-in Vaccinations in both Kerry vaccination centres. Anyone aged 18 and over who has not already received a vaccine can attend at Killarney Sports & Leisure centre on Saturday, July 31 or Kerry Sports Academy, Tralee on Tuesday, August 3 from 11am to 3pm both days. First vaccination only.

Walk-In Vaccinations At Kerry Sports Academy Next Tuesday - traleetoday.ie

• Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 5,763 Mod ✭✭✭✭Quackster

The AZ vaccine is 66% effective against symptomatic Delta variant so it's inevitable that plenty who've had this vaccine will still get covid so long as it's circulating widely.

The Biontech vaccine is 88% effective against symptomatic Delta.

This is the nature of vaccines. None are 100% effective but they vastly reduce risk.

Where they come into their own is if/when enough are vaccinated to achieve herd immunity with the result that incidence of the vaccinated disease in the community collapses.

This week's LEA update:

Listowel: 98 (+63), 341.8 per 100,000

Castleisland: 45 (+2), 263.5

Tralee: 51 (+33), 154.4

Corca Dhuibhne: 16 (-2), 112.8

Killarney: 93 (-14), 314.1

Kenmare: 55 (+20), 219.5

Nice article explaining 'base rate fallacy' and vaccine effectiveness. Summary: more people wearing seatbelts die in car accidents than those who die that weren't wearing them, because more people by far wear seatbelts.

• Registered Users Posts: 203 ✭✭The_Kitty

Has anybody had to reschedule their second pfizer jab at the tralee vaccination center through the text system? Just wondering if you do when typically would they next give you an appointment and For the second one would there be a shorter timeframe?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,242 ✭✭✭TigerTim

You can scan your QR code on the digital cert into the Covid Tracker App & it will save it there

T.

Advertisement