Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Vaccine Side Effects - What side effects did you get from your vaccine?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,459 ✭✭✭Ferris_Bueller

Vaccine: Johnson & Johnson

Received around 11.00am two weeks ago, by about 8.00pm that night I was starting to feel very cold and needed to put on warmer clothes, by the time I was going to bed I was starting to feel really warm, awful nights sleep with fever and vivid nightmares, felt run down and tired the next morning. I'd say by 2.00pm I was feeling on the mend and was absolutely back to normal the following day. Sore arm persisted for about 4 or 5 days though.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,929 ✭✭✭✭Ash.J.Williams

It’s all in the head

• Registered Users Posts: 11,505 ✭✭✭✭Xenji

Usual sore arm with Moderna but I also developed a rash that covered my whole armpit 3 days after the first vaccination that lasted a week, thankfully it was not itchy or uncomfortable.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,386 ✭✭✭olestoepoke

First jab of Pfizer I was fine just a sore area, second jab I got the sore arm and a horrendous headache. I don't usually get headaches, this was a bad one that lasted the best part of two days.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,269 ✭✭✭bazza1

AZ for me. 1st dose sore arm, slight headache and a bit under the weather for 24 hrs. Ibuprofen and all ok! 2nd dose nothing at all. OH very similar and she had Pfizer. Lots of people with a huge variety of side effects.....We were just luckier than some.I guess.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,233 ✭✭✭sdanseo

Had 1st Pfizer yesterday morning, sore arm from mid afternoon, about 9-10pm got chills and felt like a flu coming on, headache that sort of thing.

Went to bed, got some sleep but was very bad and interrupted until around 5am. Then slept through to 3pm but again not unusual for me to sleep past lunchtime on a Saturday.

The heat was definitely a factor, as was a bad dose of hearburn which I get anyway. So I'd say those really exacerbated it.

Today feels like a bad hangover. Much better after some food and fluids. Be grand tomorrow I'd say.

Edit: I had COVID in January. A bit of googling shows, apparently, it's much more common to have side effects after the first dose if you've had Covid itself before.

Less worried now, but not looking forward to the second dose!

Post edited by sdanseo on

• Registered Users Posts: 39,409 ✭✭✭✭Itssoeasy

first dose I had the sore arm and a slight headache the next morning and got the second dose today and so far no pain in my arm and feel fine.

AZ vaccine

1st Dose:

Body Shakes

39C-plus temp

Vertigo

Hallucinations/Fever Dream

Nausea

2nd Dose:

Felt tired for a few days

• Registered Users Posts: 22,001 ✭✭✭✭Esel

I wonder how many of the people reporting a bad first 24 hours did not take paracetamol as a preventative before experiencing side-effects?

That advice is given by vaccinators, afaik.

Post edited by Esel on

Not your ornery onager

• Registered Users Posts: 5,644 ✭✭✭storker

Pfizer. No side-effects whatsoever from either dose.

P.S. Buy Microsoft software!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,247 ✭✭✭Tork

Pfizer

1st dose: Nothing apart from arm being a bit sore

2nd dose: Aching joints and tiredness the day after the jab. Took paracetamol as advised and the symptoms cleared up before nightfall.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 6,385 Mod ✭✭✭✭HildaOgdenx

Pfizer.

No side effects.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,342 ✭✭✭FishOnABike

Pfizer.

1st dose: Only aware of anything if I bumped or pushed against my shoulder for a day or two after the injection. Overall scarcely noticed any effect.

2nd dose: Just about aware of a mild discomfort on my shoulder and mildly uncomfortable to lie on that side for a night or two. Slight temperature and mildly aching all over, as if i had worked a little to hard, the day after the injection. Not enough to be bothered taking anything for it. Fully back to normal the day after that.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,456 ✭✭✭fun loving criminal

Pfizer 1st dose: Tiredness, headache, nausea day after the shot, felt like a bad hangover and a very sore arm for a few days.

Pfizer 2nd dose: No side effects, not even a sore arm. Left me wondering if they injected me at all.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,538 ✭✭✭Duff

Got the J&J two weeks ago.

Got it about 10 am. Felt fine until about 4 pm and then started to get a slight headache. Plenty of water and ibuprofen kept it at bay until about 8 PM when one of the worst fevers I've ever had hit. One minute I was shivering, the next the sweat was flying off me, awful headache and skin tingling. Went to bed and had an awful nights sleep. Had to soak a towel and leave it around my neck all night whie taking more ibuprofen and about 4 litres of water. Crazy dreams. Next morning the fever had passed and I felt hungover for the rest of the day with some muscle aches. Back to normal two days later with just a sore arm from the jab.

10/10 - Would recommend.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,224 ✭✭✭✭Akrasia

No side effects for me for either of my 2 doses of Pfizer

although I have to admit, I was really rather drunk at the time

• Registered Users Posts: 8,693 ✭✭✭Lisha

i’d be interested in how many that had a bad first dose reaction had Covid before ?..

• Registered Users Posts: 1,474 ✭✭✭Mimon

For once I agree with something you posted GL 😂

• Registered Users Posts: 1,474 ✭✭✭Mimon

Anyone else have their muscles seizing up? After second Moderna dose the next day muscles more or less stopped working, could barely walk. Also had random pains in joints. Muscles were fine the day after and aches went away after another 2/3 days.

Shows there was a definite immune response so well worth it.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,271 ✭✭✭Barna77

Pfeizer

Sore shoulder, but nothing major, and sleepy the next day after the first dose.

A weird tingly feel in my arm the day after the second dose, gone after a couple of paracetamols.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,233 ✭✭✭sdanseo

• Registered Users Posts: 1,456 ✭✭✭fun loving criminal

• Registered Users Posts: 2,580 ✭✭✭NoviGlitzko

Vaccine: Pfizer

1st dose: Sore arm

2nd dose: Sore arm, tiredness the day after.

Small price to pay on the grand scale of things.

33yo M

• Registered Users Posts: 973 ✭✭✭Hippodrome Song Owl

Pfizer. I've only had one dose, two weeks ago.

Slight headache within a half hour, was gone when I woke up the next morning.

Extremely painful arm and shoulder on movement (not to touch), worse than when I broke it, and felt like I had no power in it. I struggled to dress and wash, and was unable to do anything with it. Went away all of a sudden around the 40h mark. All fine since.

No worries about the second dose.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,698 ✭✭✭Bluefoam

I had Pfizer. First jab, no side effects... Second jab, no side effects...

I did have a nap the day after the second jab, but I like naps, so was probably unrelated.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,547 ✭✭✭archfi

Pfizer

1st dose - nothing

2nd dose - nothing

Didn't take paracetomol but drank water (as per normal)

I had to wait 30 mins after both jabs due to penicillin allergy

The issue is never the issue; the issue is always the revolution.

The Entryism process: 1) Demand access; 2) Demand accommodation; 3) Demand a seat at the table; 4) Demand to run the table; 5) Demand to run the institution; 6) Run the institution to produce more activists and policy until they run it into the ground.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,338 ✭✭✭Bit cynical

Pfizer: 1st and 2nd dose: Slightly sore arm after each dose for a few days. To be honest, sore arm not something I would normally have noticed except that i was looking out for side-effects after vaccine.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 10,394 Mod ✭✭✭✭humberklog

I felt rotten tired for 3 weeks after 1st dose (Pfizer) so mush so I delayed my 2nd jab.

After that I've felt OK. But only OK, I still get physically tired far more quickly than previous to the vax.

So I was chatting to a chap today and he happened to mention that 2 of his friends complain of pins and needles/numbness on the small and ring finger of their left hands in the morning since having the Pfizer vax. I've the same! It lasts only for moments after waking and is shook off within 5 minutes of getting up. Anyone else have this?

I got the Pfizer jab. First dose had a sore arm. Second dose was similar, but was quite tired for a day or so but that could easily be related to work.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Education Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 10,245 Mod ✭✭✭✭artanevilla

1st Dose Pfizer. Sore arm. Nothing else. Didn't take and paracetamol.

Advertisement