Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Vaccine Side Effects - What side effects did you get from your vaccine?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,553 ✭✭✭Fiery mutant

Yeah that part I got. It was piece at the end of your post regarding Jesus and Pfizer that threw me. Only noticing now it’s some kind of signature.

We should defend our way of life to an extent that any attempt on it is crushed, so that any adversary will never make such an attempt in the future.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,454 ✭✭✭lawrencesummers

• Registered Users Posts: 3,762 ✭✭✭Panrich

I had my second dose of Pfizer 5 weeks ago yesterday and I'm still not back to 100%. My mind is fuzzy and I have no energy. I could fall asleep at the drop of a hat.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,685 ✭✭✭growleaves

Oh that's a joke about how much praise people give to Pfizer.

I will change it now I think.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,693 ✭✭✭Lisha

hi,

I had Covid In March 2020. Was very sick and took a long time to feel normal again.

after my first Pfizer jab I got v high temps and felt v bad. Was shaky n weak for a day or 2 after . After my second Pfizer jab I didn’t get high temps but I was so tired. Was scheduled off work the day after and couldn’t get out of bed hardly. Got the weird muscle pains n pains out my back by shoulder blades as I had with Covid. Was ok the day after but the tiredness is hard going. No joke after being awake for 2hrs my eyes are scratchy and I’d sleep on nails. After 3days the headaches started and lasted over a week. I’m hoping I’m starting to feel a bit more normal again now.

covid Is a truly rotten thing.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 798 ✭✭✭Relax brah

Vaccine: Moderna

Dose 1: Nothing

Dose 2: Fairly bad, Freezing cold with shakes for about 4 hours (night of vaccine,) following day (day two) tired and head ache. Sleep well that night and brand new following day (day three.)

M, 33, V. healthy

1st dose Pfizer, following day temps of 39degrees, felt terrible. V bad.was shaky n weak DAy after but ok. Tired fur a few days.

2nd dose. So so tired, muscle pains, felt v bad for a few days. headaches for about 2weeks after. Still tired.

• Registered Users Posts: 77 ✭✭kefflin

Vaccine Pfizer

1st vaccine headache lasted 6 hours. Paracetamol really helped

2nd vaccine sore arm for 48hrs

I woke up the day after the J&J feeling more or less OK, by lunchtime I was absolutely fucked. Had to take the afternoon off work and spent most of the next 24 hours in bed but barely sleeping. Had next day off work so could lie in and by that night I was more or less OK though I had a bit of brain fog for another couple of days but nothing serious.

Seems a complete crapshoot though, I've spoken to people who've had all the vaccines, some were fine for both shots, some were fine after the first, some were fine after the second. Very little pattern to it.

• Registered Users Posts: 48 eoo1

Vaccine, Pfizer

First dose, sore arm

Second Dose, the following day, I had sympthons similar to a bad hangover, lasted about five hours.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,455 ✭✭✭Beanybabog

Dose 1 Pfizer: nothing on the day, next day I was quite tired and had a nap, but I have three kids, including a baby who doesn’t sleep well so hard to link it to the vaccine tbh. Arm a little sore at injection site only- but nowhere near the soreness of the whooping cough or tetanus jabs. That’s it really. Hope number 2 is ok!

• Registered Users Posts: 30,336 ✭✭✭✭Tauriel

Vaccine: Pfizer

Dose 1: sore arm and high temperature. A bit of dizziness on the day of the injection. Also got a mouth ulcer but I'm not sure if this is caused by the vaccine as I don't think it is a documented side effect.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,524 ✭✭✭GerardKeating

accine : Pfizer

1st Dose - tender arm

2nd Dose - nothing

• Registered Users, Subscribers Posts: 47,268 ✭✭✭✭Zaph

Vaccine : Moderna

1st Dose - bit of a sore arm for about a day and a half

2nd Dose - slightly sorer arm for about a day longer

• Registered Users Posts: 3,184 ✭✭✭Kenno90

Only one dose only.

1st Dose - Tiredness, Really sore arm (laughable as i could barely lift it)

• Registered Users Posts: 52 ✭✭florryfox

1st dose- sore arm

2nd dose- sore arm, headache, tiredness for 48 hours.

Sorry about the extra post, I can't seem to find delete.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,995 ✭✭✭Talisman

Vaccine : Pfizer

1st Dose - First day tightness of chest and fatigue. Second day was fine. Third day headache, joint pains in elbows, hips and knees. Tremors in fingers that lasted about a week.

2nd Dose - Fatigue on the day. Headache that lasted three days.

The tremors freaked me out but thankfully they weren't permanent. My sister has an auto immune condition and she experiences the same tremors. In her case it's an inflammation response when her immune system is under pressure.

• Registered Users Posts: 497 ✭✭PalLimerick

Pfizer

Dose 1, sore arm very similar to sore arm after flu jab.

Dose 2, Nothing.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,454 ✭✭✭lawrencesummers

Thats doesnt make me feel better!!! Hopefully you come around soon

• Registered Users Posts: 6,730 ✭✭✭ebbsy

• Registered Users Posts: 4,413 ✭✭✭jackboy

You need to go to a GP. This may be a severe vaccine adverse event. Millions of people are taking the vaccine so a few people will have bad reactions. It’s important that events like this are recorded.

it could be worse, a few people have been hospitalised after taking the Astra Zeneca vaccine. Some of the flu vaccines in the past resulted in severe events for a small amount of people also. If the effects are lasting for weeks that needs to be investigated

• Registered Users Posts: 1,514 ✭✭✭MoonUnit75

I’m three weeks post 2nd vaccine and only slowly getting my energy back. Was floored for about two weeks, snoozing in the afternoons and struggled to get out for a walk.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,050 ✭✭✭HalloweenJack

Moderna

First dose: sore arm for a few days.

Second dose (yesterday): Very sore arm, worse than the first time round. General fatigue. Slept like a log last night and just been lying in bed all morning. I can't go back to sleep but can't do much else. Tried reading but its too much work. Walked the dogs for twenty minutes as I do every morning and I was shattered afterwards.

Reading here, are more people sick from vaccine or Covid ? (Am assuming post people here are « pro-vaccine ».)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,894 ✭✭✭Ohmeha

1st dose 22nd July: Slight tenderness in my arm, better sleep than normal yet still more tired during the day and a moderate hangover type headache kicked in after 24 hours which had cleared up this morning after another better sleep

• Registered Users Posts: 7,796 ✭✭✭Calibos

Dose 1: Sore arm for 48 hrs

Dose 2: Sore arm for 48 hrs

Was way more sick from Covid.. had a torrid time with it. Will happily get the vaccines as often as needed. Even though I was a bit sick for a short time after vaccine.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 367 ✭✭KrakityJones

Have only had one jab so far, moderna.

Nothing the day of, or after apart from a slightly sore arm at injection site. Day 3 lymph nodes in my armpit (injection side) swelled up like a golf ball and had pain running from that down to my hand on the inside of my arm. Sore enough too. Cleared up after about 9 days and grand since.

Second dose coming up and kinda dreading that it would bring a worse version of the first jab.

Still take it over covid tho knowing one or two people who got proper wiped out for months with it.

Advertisement