Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Do you believe in UFOs & flying saucers ?

1454647484951»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 107 ✭✭yaknowski

BettyS wrote: »
    The Australian report on UFOs published by the NAA very recently was the strongest report that indicated that there are aliens. Strange stuff

https://recordsearch.naa.gov.au/SearchNRetrieve/Interface/ViewImage.aspx?B=30030606&S=1

or PDF version:

https://ia800203.us.archive.org/24/items/AustralianUFOFiles/A13693_3092-2-000_30030606.pdf

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,306 ✭✭✭✭Drumpot

yaknowski wrote: »

The summary on page 7 of that PDF reads like something from a sci Fi movie just before the aliens arrive on the big stage. Basically accusing the US army of ridiculing the idea of UFO (aliens) for numerous strategical reasons.

Some of this reads like a Men in Black and/or X-files type history within US agencies.

Page 11:

"Control of public awareness of the UFO situati0n was tightened by the issuing of JANAP 146 in 1953 which prohibited service personnel from discussing UFO ' s by threatening defaulters with up to 10 years gaol and up to a $10,000 fine ."

To reduce the effect of these (retired staff discussing UFOs) and similar defections from official policy after retirement , the revised J~~AP 146E, passed in 1960, made it an offence under the Espionage Act if data on UFO ' s were revealed .

Is this actually true ?

Its also interesting that the more reliable the data the more reports of "unknown" objects.

The US engaging in gravity experiments that the Aussies felt was directly correlated to the UFO ship sightings (ie - US army believed they may of been UFO ships and wanted to see if they could experiment themselves to come up with similar ships).

Haven't read all that document, but some of it reads like a Sci Fi novel, nearly stranger then fiction if this is a legitimate document.

• Registered Users Posts: 689 ✭✭✭BettyS

Drumpot wrote: »
    The summary on page 7 of that PDF reads like something from a sci Fi movie just before the aliens arrive on the big stage. Basically accusing the US army of ridiculing the idea of UFO (aliens) for numerous strategical reasons.

Some of this reads like a Men in Black and/or X-files type history within US agencies.

Page 11:

"Control of public awareness of the UFO situati0n was tightened by the issuing of JANAP 146 in 1953 which prohibited service personnel from discussing UFO ' s by threatening defaulters with up to 10 years gaol and up to a $10,000 fine ."

To reduce the effect of these (retired staff discussing UFOs) and similar defections from official policy after retirement , the revised J~~AP 146E, passed in 1960, made it an offence under the Espionage Act if data on UFO ' s were revealed .

Is this actually true ?

Its also interesting that the more reliable the data the more reports of "unknown" objects.

The US engaging in gravity experiments that the Aussies felt was directly correlated to the UFO ship sightings (ie - US army believed they may of been UFO ships and wanted to see if they could experiment themselves to come up with similar ships).

Haven't read all that document, but some of it reads like a Sci Fi novel, nearly stranger then fiction if this is a legitimate document.

If you search it on the NAA (Australian government archives), you will find it for yourself. So the document appears to be legitimate

• Registered Users Posts: 935 ✭✭✭flanna01

And yet still no clear footage of any of these fuzzy ball's.... I find that part hard to believe?

You sure it's not just the Military cranking up the fear factor to harvest more money for black projects??

• Registered Users Posts: 269 ✭✭Fuzzyduzzy

Interview with Ross Coulthard starts at 35.50, in my opinion one of the most thorough current journalists in this field who only recently showed interest.

https://youtu.be/_Da99jOMlOg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,404 ✭✭✭✭BorneTobyWilde

Boards is dead,

and so is this thread.

and 4 days later here I am, but still nothing to read.

Boards is dead

and so it this thread

• Registered Users Posts: 269 ✭✭Fuzzyduzzy

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,035 ✭✭✭✭J Mysterio

Do you beleive in BornTobyWilde

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,256 ✭✭✭Elessar

There were some good documentaries released recently on the UFO/UAP topic - UFO from Showtime and Top Secret UFO Projects declassified from Netflix.

The showtime one is from JJ Abrams and is actually very good. Some good analysis all round and well made. Goes into a lot of the latest theories around Tom DeLonge, Steven Greer and CE5 etc and has some incredible footage.

I really do think there is something to all this. Having seen a proper UFO with my own eyes many years back as well, this all adds up to a reality much larger than most of us realise.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,847 ✭✭✭✭Beechwoodspark

I see yer man Jeremy corbell is now trying to flog model versions of spaceships (quite pricey too)....I wouldn’t trust him as far as I’d throw him

Seems the new boards upgrade was a UFO cover up in disguise. They squashed the rumors, and killed off those looking for answers 😏

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 11,647 Mod ✭✭✭✭igCorcaigh

Nope. A lot of conmen and spoofers hang on to this area. But I still think it is worth study. Who knows what becomes of it all.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,143 ✭✭✭Psychlops

Got a link to this stuff? I saw his movie on History Channel the other night "Hunt for the Skinwalker", nothing I didnt already know really. He comes across as a bit of a BS Merchant, ever see him on Joe Rogan?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,497 ✭✭✭auspicious

Weren't John Lewis adverts always synonymous with the spirit of Christmas, its excitement and wonder?

You have to wonder the brain storming behind this one.

Interesting video. Jump to 2.20 then 14min.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,256 ✭✭✭Elessar

I'd highly recommend anyone interested in this phenomenon the book In Plain Sight by Ross Coulthart which was recently published. He's an award winning journalist and it shows, it's a brilliant piece of investigative work that goes in depth into UAPs and includes lots of the latest stuff around Elizondo, Ton DeLonge and others. IMO it's the best book ever written on this subject. TL;DR there's significant evidence that the US has in its possession non-human materials and is reverse engineering crashed UAPs among many others.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,543 ✭✭✭✭cj maxx

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 27,564 ✭✭✭✭steddyeddy

Next week there will be public congressional hearings with top intelligence officials regarding Unidentified aerial phenomenon. This is a huge step forward as non disclosure agreements cannot be violated in these hearings so experts are free to talk about whatever they want.

A House subcommittee is scheduled to hold next week the first open congressional hearing on unidentified aerial vehicles in more than half a century, with testimony from two top defense intelligence officials.

The hearing comes after the release last June of a report requested by Congress on “unidentified aerial phenomena.” The nine-page “Preliminary Assessment” from the Office of the Director of National Intelligence focused on 144 incidents dating back to 2004 and was able to explain only one.

The report declined to draw inferences, saying that the available reporting was “largely inconclusive” and noting that limited and inconsistent data created a challenge in evaluating the phenomena. But it said most of the phenomena reported “do represent physical objects.”

The assessment concluded that the objects were not secret U.S. technology and that “we currently lack data to indicate any UAP are part of a foreign collection program or indicative of a major technological advancement by a potential adversary.”

Link to the congress hearing to be broadcast tomorrow at 2pm our time.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,022 ✭✭✭✭EmmetSpiceland

Jaysus, it’s like something from the 50s. Would be mortifying to be on the committee overseeing that.

“It is not blood that makes you Irish but a willingness to be part of the Irish nation” - Thomas Davis

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,418 ✭✭✭silliussoddius

Hopefully they give us the results of the dinosaur beavers that were seen at Skinwalker ranch.

There's a hill on my land to the west of the house. 20 years ago, I had what I thought was a dream, but it was so vivid and detailed that I often wondered was it something else.

In my mind, I thought I saw flickering lights through my bedroom window at about 3am in the direction of the hill. I put on a dressing gown and went out to investigate and saw bluish beams on top pf the hill. I walked up stone steps to the shrubbery and walked to the boundary between the shrubs and the hill field. There were figures moving about, silhouetted against the lights about 70m away, and I stepped behind a large bush so that I would not be seen, Suddenly a beam of light was pointed in my direction, and everything was illuminated. I felt myself raised in the air, moving backwards, and towards the house, and my body was forced through the wall of the house. I remember wondering how was it happening, as I was aware of the structure of the blockwork and wall cavity and wiring as I slowly but steadily moved through it, all the way back to my bed. I had no control over what was happening, and woke up in the morning with a memory of what I felt had happened to me. I went out to check the hill and saw my footprints in mud by the shrub, but on the hill there was no obvious sign of activity.

If you don’t know Prof Garry Nolan of Stanford is a Nobel prize nominee and recognized as a leading expert globally in immunology; this is an interview with Australian media.

“It’s easy to dismiss the claims of an outspoken politician - but it is harder to ignore the candour of an eminent Stanford University Professor, a Nobel Prize nominee no less, who also alleges a US Government cover-up.

Professor Garry Nolan, one of the world’s most renowned immunologists, who has done secret work for the CIA investigating the effects of UAPs on military and intelligence service personnel, explained to me why he “knows” there’s been a coverup.

“I’ve spoken to the people who are about to come out and whistle blow on it,” he said.”

The source is :

This whole area is too odd and now too connected to US national security to be swept away.

The Puthoff, Knapp, Bigelow circle **** continues.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 905 ✭✭✭whatawaster81

It's interesting they're including transmedium vehicles. They know these things exist. They must be getting high level witness accounts and reports.

I guarantee anything that comes out will be reports and hearsay from the same incestuous circle of true believers, and the big reveal will be coming along shortly. I'd rather wait for Godot.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,067 ✭✭✭✭fryup

Yeah. I thought the tic tac flew down close to the ocean as well. Shows you they don't have that technology

• Advertisement

It's kind of drip feed at the minute. There's no way they're releasing everything they know but maybe they don't definitely know themselves.

I agree they don’t know. To paraphrase Fox Mulder; they want to believe.

I want to believe as well. It's a huge improvement on blanket denials

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,768 ✭✭✭dmc17

Anybody any ideas what this might be? A circular looking object that moved slowly across the sky. Moved East to West and was visible for about 10 mins before it went out of sight over the sea 😳

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,989 ✭✭✭✭NIMAN

Seems to be rising slowly?

A helium balloon ?

Drone?

No, definitely aliens disguised as a helium balloon or a drone.

• Registered Users Posts: 935 ✭✭✭flanna01

It's a balloon.

100%

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 77,022 Mod ✭✭✭✭New Home

Weather balloon. They're usually spherical and quite large. e.g.:

Were you near a weather station?

If this is considered ”bumping” an old thread fair enough but the issue isn’t going away anytime soon. If you know Weinstein on Twitter or not you might find this tweet and related thread of interest.

I won’t claim to know anything about the mathematics or physics but the Mansfield amendment is straightforward enough. I have added some emphases to show where I think Weinstein is pointing.

“Board member Norman C. Hackerman, chemist and president of Rice University, recalls that the Board debated objecting to "the intrinsic philosophy" of the Mansfield amendment, but decided instead to simply restate its long-held view that many federal agencies should support basic research, not just one. In the end, the Foundation took over sponsorship of some major materials research laboratories, but did not otherwise expand.”

Taken from NSF.GOV.

The implication obviously is that secret research was conducted by contractors. By naming the enabling amendment we get a sense of the hidden bureaucratic pathway that is now being lit up.

What gave me pause for thought was the phrase “comparative eschatology”. To save you looking wiki says “Eschatology concerns expectations of the end of the present age, human history, or of the world itself. The end of the world or end times is predicted by several world religions, which teach that negative world events will reach a climax.”

There’s a sense of a coming inflection point.

End times is supposed to add credibility?

• Advertisement

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,952 ✭✭✭✭Mam of 4

Was the above poster beamed up by a UFO 👾👽👽👾 they seem to have vanished plus their post count is zero ..

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 77,022 Mod ✭✭✭✭New Home

The truth is out there, Mo4. 😎

Advertisement