Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Do you believe in UFOs & flying saucers ?

Comments

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 11,042 Mod ✭✭✭✭igCorcaigh

Thank you to fuzzyduzzy and steddyeddy and all the other contributors, all of you, for this interesting thread.

We could be on the cusp of discovering the game changer for humanity, or maybe not.
    Either way, it's damn interesting, and I will continue to read this thread, but might not contribute much to it.

Thanks to you all for keeping this topic active.

• Registered Users Posts: 269 ✭✭Fuzzyduzzy

• Registered Users Posts: 7,534 ✭✭✭Dr. Bre

igCorcaigh wrote: »
    Thank you to fuzzyduzzy and steddyeddy and all the other contributors, all of you, for this interesting thread.

We could be on the cusp of discovering the game changer for humanity, or maybe not.
    Either way, it's damn interesting, and I will continue to read this thread, but might not contribute much to it.

Thanks to you all for keeping this topic active.

The truth is out there

Huge news indeed. If called upon to speak, Elizondo, Eric Davis (and others) can say what they know without worrying about Non Disclosure Agreements (NDA's).
    https://twitter.com/devgru1980mi/status/1411748636518670341?s=20

• Registered Users Posts: 2,010 ✭✭✭GooglePlus

Given the chaos on in the universe and the inevitable dying of stars which provide the life we know, I just can't imagine life elsewhere (which I'm sure is there) getting to a stage of progression in a space of time that allows them to travel to us. At the same time, there's still a lot we're unaware of but I think that if these sightings are legit, I can only see them being man-made. That would mean that there's scientific progressions way way ahead of where we currently are though and an ability to defy what we know of the physics around us. The atomic bomb was known to be a possibility by every physicist on the planet before it became reality and we're now in a world where information is shared widely in seconds, so that doesn't sit with me either.
    Is it a great way to justify military spending to a nation becoming more more disconnected with the old idea of what America was?

• Advertisement

GooglePlus wrote: »
    Given the chaos on in the universe and the inevitable dying of stars which provide the life we know, I just can't imagine life elsewhere (which I'm sure is there) getting to a stage of progression in a space of time that allows them to travel to us. At the same time, there's still a lot we're unaware of but I think that if these sightings are legit, I can only see them being man-made. That would mean that there's scientific progressions way way ahead of where we currently are though and an ability to defy what we know of the physics around us. The atomic bomb was known to be a possibility by every physicist on the planet before it became reality and we're now in a world where information is shared widely in seconds, so that doesn't sit with me either.
    Is it a great way to justify military spending to a nation becoming more more disconnected with the old idea of what America was?

But that's just it. It's equally unfathomable to imagine another species travelling all the way to us, as it is to see how these technologies are man made. The G force alone would kill a human instantly. And if they were man made, these capabilities have been reported since the 50's, and not just since 2004 as the UAP report would lead people to believe.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,010 ✭✭✭GooglePlus

Fuzzyduzzy wrote: »
    But that's just it. It's equally unfathomable to imagine another species travelling all the way to us, as it is to see how these technologies are man made. The G force alone would kill a human instantly. And if they were man made, these capabilities have been reported since the 50's, and not just since 2004 as the UAP report would lead people to believe.

I think the reports back in the 50's was a mixture of fear and imagination fuelled by fiction and sightings of research planes that we're now aware of. This was a time of pure paranoia with the Russia scaremongering.

But yeah, I've no answers either and it'll be interesting to see where it goes. It's just a nice time for it to be released when public consciousness of the mess that that's around them grows and grows.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,133 ✭✭✭Hamsterchops

Huge news indeed. If called upon to speak, Elizondo, Eric Davis (and others) can say what they know without worrying about Non Disclosure Agreements (NDA's).

Wow, this really is big & exciting news, if true

GooglePlus wrote: »
    I think the reports back in the 50's was a mixture of fear and imagination fuelled by fiction and sightings of research planes that we're now aware of. This was a time of pure paranoia with the Russia scaremongering.

But yeah, I've no answers either and it'll be interesting to see where it goes. It's just a nice time for it to be released when public consciousness of the mess that that's around them grows and grows.

The technology witnessed in the Tic Tac incident has been seen since the 50s. They've been tagged all sorts of names, from huge toilet rolls to lozenges. Leslie Kean has lots of statements from commercial airline pilots and military folk about them seeing the 'five observables' for decades. It is said that military secret technology is 20 years ahead of what we the public are aware of. These things have been seen for over 70 years. But like yourself, I am far from certain to what they are.
    https://www.amazon.com/UFOs-Generals-Pilots-Government-Officials/dp/0307717089

• Registered Users Posts: 689 ✭✭✭BettyS

The technology witnessed in the Tic Tac incident has been seen since the 50s. They've been tagged all sorts of names, from huge toilet rolls to lozenges. Leslie Kean has lots of statements from commercial airline pilots and military folk about them seeing the 'five observables' for decades. It is said that military secret technology is 20 years ahead of what we the public are aware of. These things have been seen for over 70 years. But like yourself, I am far from certain to what they are.
    https://www.amazon.com/UFOs-Generals-Pilots-Government-Officials/dp/0307717089

The Australian report on UFOs published by the NAA very recently was the strongest report that indicated that there are aliens. Strange stuff

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 104 ✭✭yaknowski

BettyS wrote: »
    The Australian report on UFOs published by the NAA very recently was the strongest report that indicated that there are aliens. Strange stuff

https://recordsearch.naa.gov.au/SearchNRetrieve/Interface/ViewImage.aspx?B=30030606&S=1

or PDF version:

https://ia800203.us.archive.org/24/items/AustralianUFOFiles/A13693_3092-2-000_30030606.pdf

• Registered Users Posts: 19,306 ✭✭✭✭Drumpot

yaknowski wrote: »

The summary on page 7 of that PDF reads like something from a sci Fi movie just before the aliens arrive on the big stage. Basically accusing the US army of ridiculing the idea of UFO (aliens) for numerous strategical reasons.

Some of this reads like a Men in Black and/or X-files type history within US agencies.

Page 11:

"Control of public awareness of the UFO situati0n was tightened by the issuing of JANAP 146 in 1953 which prohibited service personnel from discussing UFO ' s by threatening defaulters with up to 10 years gaol and up to a $10,000 fine ."

To reduce the effect of these (retired staff discussing UFOs) and similar defections from official policy after retirement , the revised J~~AP 146E, passed in 1960, made it an offence under the Espionage Act if data on UFO ' s were revealed .

Is this actually true ?

Its also interesting that the more reliable the data the more reports of "unknown" objects.

The US engaging in gravity experiments that the Aussies felt was directly correlated to the UFO ship sightings (ie - US army believed they may of been UFO ships and wanted to see if they could experiment themselves to come up with similar ships).

Haven't read all that document, but some of it reads like a Sci Fi novel, nearly stranger then fiction if this is a legitimate document.

• Registered Users Posts: 689 ✭✭✭BettyS

Drumpot wrote: »
    The summary on page 7 of that PDF reads like something from a sci Fi movie just before the aliens arrive on the big stage. Basically accusing the US army of ridiculing the idea of UFO (aliens) for numerous strategical reasons.

Some of this reads like a Men in Black and/or X-files type history within US agencies.

Page 11:

"Control of public awareness of the UFO situati0n was tightened by the issuing of JANAP 146 in 1953 which prohibited service personnel from discussing UFO ' s by threatening defaulters with up to 10 years gaol and up to a $10,000 fine ."

To reduce the effect of these (retired staff discussing UFOs) and similar defections from official policy after retirement , the revised J~~AP 146E, passed in 1960, made it an offence under the Espionage Act if data on UFO ' s were revealed .

Is this actually true ?

Its also interesting that the more reliable the data the more reports of "unknown" objects.

The US engaging in gravity experiments that the Aussies felt was directly correlated to the UFO ship sightings (ie - US army believed they may of been UFO ships and wanted to see if they could experiment themselves to come up with similar ships).

Haven't read all that document, but some of it reads like a Sci Fi novel, nearly stranger then fiction if this is a legitimate document.

If you search it on the NAA (Australian government archives), you will find it for yourself. So the document appears to be legitimate

• Registered Users Posts: 931 ✭✭✭flanna01

And yet still no clear footage of any of these fuzzy ball's.... I find that part hard to believe?

You sure it's not just the Military cranking up the fear factor to harvest more money for black projects??

Interview with Ross Coulthard starts at 35.50, in my opinion one of the most thorough current journalists in this field who only recently showed interest.

https://youtu.be/_Da99jOMlOg

• Registered Users Posts: 35,561 ✭✭✭✭BorneTobyWilde

Boards is dead,

and so is this thread.

and 4 days later here I am, but still nothing to read.

Boards is dead

and so it this thread

• Registered Users Posts: 11,035 ✭✭✭✭J Mysterio

Do you beleive in BornTobyWilde

• Registered Users Posts: 5,236 ✭✭✭Elessar

There were some good documentaries released recently on the UFO/UAP topic - UFO from Showtime and Top Secret UFO Projects declassified from Netflix.

The showtime one is from JJ Abrams and is actually very good. Some good analysis all round and well made. Goes into a lot of the latest theories around Tom DeLonge, Steven Greer and CE5 etc and has some incredible footage.

I really do think there is something to all this. Having seen a proper UFO with my own eyes many years back as well, this all adds up to a reality much larger than most of us realise.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 15,277 ✭✭✭✭Beechwoodspark

I see yer man Jeremy corbell is now trying to flog model versions of spaceships (quite pricey too)....I wouldn’t trust him as far as I’d throw him

Seems the new boards upgrade was a UFO cover up in disguise. They squashed the rumors, and killed off those looking for answers 😏

Nope. A lot of conmen and spoofers hang on to this area. But I still think it is worth study. Who knows what becomes of it all.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,104 ✭✭✭Psychlops

Got a link to this stuff? I saw his movie on History Channel the other night "Hunt for the Skinwalker", nothing I didnt already know really. He comes across as a bit of a BS Merchant, ever see him on Joe Rogan?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,497 ✭✭✭auspicious

Weren't John Lewis adverts always synonymous with the spirit of Christmas, its excitement and wonder?

You have to wonder the brain storming behind this one.

Interesting video. Jump to 2.20 then 14min.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,236 ✭✭✭Elessar

I'd highly recommend anyone interested in this phenomenon the book In Plain Sight by Ross Coulthart which was recently published. He's an award winning journalist and it shows, it's a brilliant piece of investigative work that goes in depth into UAPs and includes lots of the latest stuff around Elizondo, Ton DeLonge and others. IMO it's the best book ever written on this subject. TL;DR there's significant evidence that the US has in its possession non-human materials and is reverse engineering crashed UAPs among many others.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,304 ✭✭✭✭cj maxx

• Registered Users Posts: 27,564 ✭✭✭✭steddyeddy

Next week there will be public congressional hearings with top intelligence officials regarding Unidentified aerial phenomenon. This is a huge step forward as non disclosure agreements cannot be violated in these hearings so experts are free to talk about whatever they want.

A House subcommittee is scheduled to hold next week the first open congressional hearing on unidentified aerial vehicles in more than half a century, with testimony from two top defense intelligence officials.

The hearing comes after the release last June of a report requested by Congress on “unidentified aerial phenomena.” The nine-page “Preliminary Assessment” from the Office of the Director of National Intelligence focused on 144 incidents dating back to 2004 and was able to explain only one.

The report declined to draw inferences, saying that the available reporting was “largely inconclusive” and noting that limited and inconsistent data created a challenge in evaluating the phenomena. But it said most of the phenomena reported “do represent physical objects.”

The assessment concluded that the objects were not secret U.S. technology and that “we currently lack data to indicate any UAP are part of a foreign collection program or indicative of a major technological advancement by a potential adversary.”

Link to the congress hearing to be broadcast tomorrow at 2pm our time.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,510 ✭✭✭✭EmmetSpiceland

Jaysus, it’s like something from the 50s. Would be mortifying to be on the committee overseeing that.

The tide is turning…

Advertisement