Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

January 2020 Recruitment.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 342 ✭✭MrChew

NeeNaw21 wrote: »
    You've just heard it from the horse's mouth...

No, heard it from someone who heard it from someone else and is incorrect.

• Registered Users Posts: 116 ✭✭ASM1234

Does it still come on your credit check if they the vetting team have looked, what is the name of the check? Admin remove if security issues for it. Using experian

• Registered Users Posts: 23 JRR2021

ASM1234 wrote: »
    Does it still come on your credit check if they the vetting team have looked, what is the name of the check? Admin remove if security issues for it. Using experian

Mines through and there wasn’t anything on my credit report. Maybe next month there will be tho

• Registered Users Posts: 106 ✭✭DDGS7

Has anyone experienced delays to vetting due to living in mainland UK or being ex forces?
    I find I'm waiting an eternity whilst others seem to be passing in no time at all

DDGS7 wrote: »
    Has anyone experienced delays to vetting due to living in mainland UK or being ex forces?
    I find I'm waiting an eternity whilst others seem to be passing in no time at all
    What I hear through the grapevine is if you lived abroad or had loads of addresses can take longer, but nobody knows for sure unless ur the vetting officer I suppose.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 66 ✭✭Mcfluffers

Mine only showed up on the paid version of Experian, I did the 30 day trial but after 30 days I couldn’t see it on the free versions of Experian or clearscore

Mcfluffers wrote: »
    Mine only showed up on the paid version of Experian, I did the 30 day trial but after 30 days I couldn’t see it on the free versions of Experian or clearscore
    yeah I have the paid version of experian(well 30day free trial) . Just wondering is the name obvious or not lol

yeah I have the paid version of experian(well 30day free trial) . Just wondering is the name obvious or not lol

It’s really obvious, honestly can’t miss it haha. When did you send vetting away?

Mcfluffers wrote: »
    It’s really obvious, honestly can’t miss it haha. When did you send vetting away?
    Good stuff thanks- and about 2 weeks if even. being very hopeful

Good stuff thanks- and about 2 weeks if even. being very hopeful

My credit check took around 2 months to be processed I think and my vetting was 3.5 months but it’s all very unpredictable as some peoples are passing at lightening speed.

For people who have received their packs in the post did you notice the incorrect pay scales being sent out?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11 Hopefulcop

It does. It showed on my report today. It's very obvious that it's them doing the check.

What was incorrect about the pay scales?

It referred to the 2018 pay scales and not the 2020 ones that are on the joinpsni site. Quite a difference too, going to have to clarify it on induction

• Registered Users Posts: 12 Kirks22

Maybe this has already been answered but those who have recently got their vetting forms and starting the next stages, what was a rough merit number? Just trying to gauge a timeframe

• Registered Users Posts: 11 Hopefulcop

Kirks22 wrote: »
    Maybe this has already been answered but those who have recently got their vetting forms and starting the next stages, what was a rough merit number? Just trying to gauge a timeframe

350-400. Pca done, vetting forms sent away.

• Registered Users Posts: 25 Xxx1234

Kirks22 wrote: »

300-350.
    Vetting passed, PCA done and received medical date today.

• Registered Users Posts: 97 ✭✭Newyearnewjob

Looks like some of the comments may have been deleted in the upgrade. Not a fan of the new look. Does anyone know what merit range they are issuing vetting forms to.

• Registered Users Posts: 64 ✭✭HopefulCan2002

Not liking this new set up and like someone else has said few comments have been deleted or not transferred over.

anyone who passed PCA got their date yet for medical?

• Registered Users Posts: 43 Andimaul

For anyone that is in Garnerville. Is it what you imagined? What is the work load like?

• Registered Users Posts: 92 ✭✭SMS19

I'm out of garnaville about 3 months and I honestly found it easier than expected.

I've been out of education about 8 years and I found the work load fine as long if you kept on top of it.

Classes are a slow pace with fair amount of tea breaks etc. Exam weeks and the week before can be a bit stressful but apart from that it's not bad.

It's a holiday camp compared to the job, make the most of it.

• Registered Users Posts: 4 NM2021

Hi folks, a few questions some of you might be able to help with.

my merit number is close to 550 and I’ve sent vetting away already, anyone know when the next stages will happen or a rough timeline.

another question is how long can you defer the offer as I have a few life plans in summer 2022 that may clash with the entrance into GV the way things are looking.

Thank you in advance!

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Help & Feedback Category Moderators Posts: 9,522 CMod ✭✭✭✭Shield

Mod: Hi everyone. We're well aware of the problems that exist after the layout change. We're all a bit lost at the minute.

• Registered Users Posts: 23 LPT2018

Hi all, not liking this new layout at all!

I'm a long term lurker. Applied a number of times and was unsuccessful. Currently merit list number 150-200 and fully appointable awaiting the call as of this month. Hoping for a September start! But will sit patiently for the right time.

My message to you. Never give up. If this is truly your passion and purpose, it will come with hard work and consistency and at times, sacrifice. I promise. Best of luck and I can't wait to see some of you in GV.

• Registered Users Posts: 64 ✭✭HopefulCan2002

Hi

this is for anyone who has passed their medical

has anyone got their medical form back from gp and realised they missed something?

got mine back today and realised I had forgotten things from nearly 10 years ago and I’m bit worried it will go against me.

thanks in advance

• Registered Users Posts: 238 ✭✭NeeNaw21

It's grand. Stressful yes. A lot of not knowing what you are doing.

Garnerville is a ffantasy and realise that quickly.

When you land on the ground be humble and your colleagues will help you.

Do not try and crack on on your own. Ask for help you will get it. If you steam ahead thinking you know best you will just have a bigger mess to clean up

• Registered Users Posts: 60 ✭✭Elninotdog

Interested to hear if anyone in the 600s ML number have got any vetting forms through yet?

• Registered Users Posts: 87 ✭✭JC12250

Stats updated within the past hour on JoinPSNI website.

• Registered Users Posts: 34 Big_A

What merit range do you think the calls will be going out for the next group of appointable candidates if you had to guess?

• Registered Users Posts: 60 ✭✭Elninotdog

Thanks but I don’t know what all the colours mean in the pie chart and which part I’m in lol

• Registered Users Posts: 87 ✭✭JC12250

light blue - Candidates who have been appointed or have accepted offers of appointment (129)

light green - Candidates who are currently progressing through the PSNI managed stages (383)

dark green - Candidates who have withdrawn or have not successfully completed all PSNI managed stages (54)

black - Remaining candidates (414)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 34 Big_A

Does anyone know how many recruits are approximately in each squad?

Advertisement