Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

We're back

• 15-07-2021 5:43am
    Registered Users Posts: 338 ✭✭

Well, what do ye think of the new site 👍👎

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 726 ✭✭✭valtra2

👎

👎️

Ha already brand new site and it double posted........

• Registered Users Posts: 5,948 ✭✭✭emaherx

Desktops site is OK, but still a bit lost in the Mobile version. Seems to be plenty of bugs with order of posts like random old threads at the top with new ones. But I'll reserve judgement for a few days.

I don't see why there was a need to bring 20 years of boards posts to the new platform because there are a lot of posts on boards and threads that should simply disappear.

Unfortunately I bet the same mods will no doubt will be ready to pounce on anyone that isn't in their little cliques banning and handing out infractions and deleting posts that they deem should be deleted because they might be a mod of a specific thread with a completely biased view and will ridicule anyone who goes against their opinions or agendas creating a completely unfair and one sided discussion and this is the absolute worst thing about boards.

Not all mods are bad of course.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,411 ✭✭✭finbarrk

It's not working as it used to. I don't like it.

I don't think 20 years of posts should just disappear, plenty of them became irrelevant with time but information shared in a lot of other posts is still useful and searchable, it would be an impossible job to separate them though. Possibly a separate archived site could have been created but I'm sure that would have its own issues between maintaining security on old software and licensing.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,464 ✭✭✭✭_Brian

This will take some getting used to.

I would love to see stats on engagement over next while, I’d say it will take time to build back momentum on the site.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,387 ✭✭✭epfff

Difficult to use on mobile 👎

• Registered Users Posts: 29,046 ✭✭✭✭whelan2

I suppose it will just take a while to get used to

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,506 ✭✭✭JeffKenna

Booooooo

• Registered Users Posts: 18,464 ✭✭✭✭_Brian

I’m seeing ads 😟

I was using the oldest platform and never saw ads. It all seems a bit sluggish too.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,228 ✭✭✭vincenzolorenzo

How do I see my followed threads? used to be a link on top right, seems to be gone?

• Registered Users Posts: 662 ✭✭✭cap.in.hand.

I've been promoted to 1B on boards... whatever that means?....the boards.ie looks very bland now.

• Registered Users Posts: 662 ✭✭✭cap.in.hand.

• Registered Users Posts: 861 ✭✭✭grange mac

Maybe I'm showing my age but this new site on mobile is worse than trying to figure out what the buttons on my new 20yo tractor are for 🚜🚜🙈🙈

• Registered Users Posts: 11,119 ✭✭✭✭Base price

They are annoying and slow down the internet speed especially for the likes of us rural dwellers with crap internet connection.

• Registered Users Posts: 329 ✭✭The Rabbi

Do I have to scroll all the way back to the top of this page to get back to F&F?

• Registered Users Posts: 262 ✭✭Longford Leader

Does a thread title stay highlighted/bold when all the posts have been read?

I can't see the difference between read and unread treads.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,423 ✭✭✭✭Flinty997

Searching old posts had been broken for a decade. So you can't find anything in these 20yrs of posts so it's entirely pointless in saving them.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,037 ✭✭✭davidk1394

It looks difficult to use on mobile compared to the old site.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,037 ✭✭✭davidk1394

• Registered Users Posts: 4,172 ✭✭✭orm0nd

I using ad blocker but it's very slow. A good few of us from here are on other sites already and we're thinking of giving this a miss for now anyhow. Desktop version is better I think , but most farmers post on the mobile touch version.

Through boards it was poor alright, but they were searchable from the usual search engines, so not completely pointless. If the new sites search functions are any better then its all the more reason to migrate the old stuff.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,555 ✭✭✭kerryjack

There is a pretty girl that keeps smiling at me is that new

• Registered Users Posts: 222 ✭✭Floody Boreland

awful, looking for a new site

• Registered Users Posts: 5,057 ✭✭✭bogman_bass

They sorted the photo posting which was the biggest problems with the site. Other than that it’s much the same

• Registered Users Posts: 1,935 ✭✭✭randy hickey

Just checkin' if it's true about the photo posting...

• Registered Users Posts: 2,604 ✭✭✭Lime Tree Farm

Login.

Click on your Avatar (top right of screen). Click on the star symbol, it will throw up the discussion threads. Click further down to expand.

Probably will get more user friendly as we fumble our way around.

Anyone else have tips for us.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,604 ✭✭✭Lime Tree Farm

Should have said that when I located the F&F forum, I placed a shortcut to it on the desktop.

Just noticed that you can't edit your posts once you have hit submit.

Seems you can. With the settings symbol, to the right of user name.

Advertisement