Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Amazon Prime Bargains - Chat Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,987 ✭✭✭Doge

Just a heads up about buying from Amazon Warehouse.
    I bought a modular power supply (Used: Like New) that was missing the case screws and after speaking with a representive in chat,
    I was told since I bought it from a "third party" seller my only option was to return it for a refund, after asking for a partial refund.

Has the Amazon Warehouse always been considered as a "third party" seller?

I even double checked the invoice and it clearly says:
    Sold by Amazon EU S.à r.l., UK Branch 1 Principal Place, Worship Street London, EC2A 2FA United Kingdom

I'm going to hold onto it as I have spare screws, but for anyone else the hassle involved in returning something missing parts might not seem worth it.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,464 ✭✭✭The Continental Op

Doge wrote: »
    I bought a modular power supply (Used: Like New) that was missing the case screws and after speaking with a representive in chat,
    I was told since I bought it from a "third party" seller my only option was to return it for a refund, after asking for a partial refund.

Sold by Amazon EU S.à r.l., UK Branch 1 Principal Place, Worship Street London, EC2A 2FA United Kingdom

I'm going to hold onto it as I have spare screws, but for anyone else the hassle involved in returning something missing parts might not seem worth it.

Is it free returns for a defective item or is that gone now?

Wake me up when it's all over.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,331 ✭✭✭✭jimmycrackcorm

muffler wrote: »
    Not correct. I was in touch with the seller and they have stock. Amazon have been telling lies all along about this.

or... the seller is telling you lies.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,040 ✭✭✭OU812

The tile offer in the no chat thread is a great price but the devices are less than useless unless you just want something to chirp when you’re in range. I’ve never had more than 1,000 registered users in all of Dublin, so crowdsourcing your lost item will most likely not work here.

Alternatively I tested an airtag the other day, got someone to take my keys and put them somewhere and they were crowdsourced no problem (hidden on a shelf in a supermarket 2km away from me).

• Registered Users Posts: 2,844 ✭✭✭Julez

Doge wrote: »

I've got partial refunds on Warehouse products as recently as a couple of months ago.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,913 ✭✭✭Marhay70

Is it free returns for a defective item or is that gone now?

Not "gone" as such but limited to postage of £9 and just more hassle than before.

• Registered Users Posts: 45,923 ✭✭✭✭muffler

or... the seller is telling you lies.
    nope! They even wanted to give a quote for buying directly from them.

• Registered Users Posts: 996 ✭✭✭bbari

DopeTech wrote: »
    I know this is no chat thread but double check its not the German layout keyboard before purchasing it.
    THANK YOU!!
    I noticed the comments that the layout is QWERTZ and i thought that was a typo! Thanks again.

• Registered Users Posts: 40,317 ✭✭✭✭ohnonotgmail

DopeTech wrote: »
    I know this is no chat thread but double check its not the German layout keyboard before purchasing it.

looks to be a german keyboard despite the images showing a QWERTY keyboard
    Information about keyboard layout: If not specified otherwise in the item name or description, you will receive this product with a German layout (QWERTZ), if the product you are buying is dispatched from and sold by Amazon. If the product is dispatched from and sold by third-party sellers please see their offer descriptions before ordering.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,464 ✭✭✭The Continental Op

looks to be a german keyboard despite the images showing a QWERTY keyboard

Its still exactly the same product number as from co.uk. Just change .de to .co.uk and see.

Now still don't know exactly what the proves :(

Wake me up when it's all over.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 801 ✭✭✭amdaley28

Sam W wrote: »
    10 pounds off on purchases more than 25 pounds. Use promo code DISCOUNT10P.

Applies to items *sold and dispatched* by Amazon UK only. First 5000 orders only.

EDIT: gone now.

I just bought something & the £10 discount was applied automatically ?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,362 ✭✭✭davetherave

bromley52 wrote: »
    An Post have an agreement with Amazon that An Post will look after import fees for anything over €150 (including handling and shipping)

I could be picking you up wrong, but I wouldn't necessarily agree that "An Post will look after import fees". The customer pays everything at the point of sale. VAT on everything at the appropriate rate, and duty where applicable.

Putting four mens shirts sold and delivered by Amazon directly at a cost of £46.20 per shirt for a base price of £184.80.

Over €150 so liable for duty, adult clothing @ 12%.

£184.80 * 0.12 = £22.18 Duty

£184.80 + £22.18 = £206.98

23% Vat on top of that = £47.61

£206.98 + £47.61 = 254.59

Which is what the order total comes to. This is the same regardless of if it is coming to Dublin with Amazon Logistics, or a test of a Gaa clubs address in the middle of Longford where presumably it would be An Post.

S1NAKmp.png

• Registered Users Posts: 7,000 ✭✭✭Barr

OU812 wrote: »
    The tile offer in the no chat thread is a great price but the devices are less than useless unless you just want something to chirp when you’re in range. I’ve never had more than 1,000 registered users in all of Dublin, so crowdsourcing your lost item will most likely not work here.

Alternatively I tested an airtag the other day, got someone to take my keys and put them somewhere and they were crowdsourced no problem (hidden on a shelf in a supermarket 2km away from me).

That offer looks to have finished .I'm not sure if there is anything better than tile for android users so the choice is limited.

• Registered Users Posts: 44 SmithJames84

amdaley28 wrote: »
    I just bought something & the £10 discount was applied automatically ?

The £10 pound off £25 was in some accounts only, not all, and can only be used once.

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 7,656 Mod ✭✭✭✭delly

I've had my sanitiser cancelled as well, so for anyone who actually still needs it, I'd recommend https://airmedica.ie/ as they have 5 litres for €15, with free delivery for orders over €20. So you can still support the 'small business', it just happens to be a domestic one which is even better.

• Registered Users Posts: 683 ✭✭✭TallGlass2

My bowls arrive today, things are huge ! I was expecting 3.5LT they are actually 5LT !

• Registered Users Posts: 28,403 ✭✭✭✭vicwatson

What the heck is treasure truck?? When I log in I get “meet treasure truck”, gotta enter phone number and postcode and apparently they send you texts about treasure truck

Anyone??

That outdoor blink camera is water “resistant” can’t imagine it lasting too long in Irish weather

• Registered Users Posts: 1,771 ✭✭✭pissed

Im almost certain that I received a €10 voucher to use on Prime day for purchasing that hand sanitizer. If they cancel the order will they look for their €10 back ?

• Registered Users Posts: 45,923 ✭✭✭✭muffler

vicwatson wrote: »
    What the heck is treasure truck?? When I log in I get “meet treasure truck”, gotta enter phone number and postcode and apparently they send you texts about treasure truck

Anyone??
    Eh? What are you on about ... logging into Amazon, Boards or somewhere else?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 165 ✭✭MugsGame

Anyone??

You can ignore Amazon Treasure Truck (the SMS part at least) unless you're in the UK.

• Registered Users, Subscribers Posts: 47,284 ✭✭✭✭Zaph

Anyone??

It's only in the UK, not Ireland. It's like a mobile pop-up lightning deals shop iirc, and you can sign up for alerts to let you know when it's in your area.

• Registered Users Posts: 553 ✭✭✭stdidit

Anyone have one of them blink cameras? Wondering what it's like, the reviews aren't great.

• Registered Users Posts: 754 ✭✭✭whowantstwoknow

stdidit wrote: »
    Anyone have one of them blink cameras? Wondering what it's like, the reviews aren't great.

Mine are fine after 18 months, a few odd behaviour, but generally does what it says on the tin

muffler wrote: »
    Eh? What are you on about ... logging into Amazon, Boards or somewhere else?

Given it’s the Amazon chat thread where do you reckon I meant 😂😂 :-)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,236 ✭✭✭SCOOP 64

I was waiting for 2 items to be posted for over a month, then on one of them got a email your bank has refused payment delighted they did because they put the price up on the item, i thought payment was taken out on order but obviously i was wrong, didn't think it fair wait a month for order then put price up so now cancelled both of them, should not sell it if they don't have it.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,045 ✭✭✭Pique

stdidit wrote: »

I've a couple of them. Great job. No wires just need a WiFi signal. Batteries do indeed last a long time. Just checked my history and I got 2 of the XT models for a hundred quid back in 2019. Must've been some hell of a deal back then.

• Registered Users Posts: 190 ✭✭TMC99

Morby wrote: »
    Thanks for that guys.

This is my invoice. Doesn't list import fees, just Irish VAT.

Order Summary
    Items:

£109.59

Postage & Packing:

£0.00

Total before VAT:

£109.59

VAT:

£25.21

Total:

£134.80

Order Total:
    £134.80

That's well under the €150. The €150 represents item value plus shipping. You do not include Irish VAT in the €150 limit, your total is c €127/£109

• Registered Users Posts: 553 ✭✭✭stdidit

Mine are fine after 18 months, a few odd behaviour, but generally does what it says on the tin
    Pique wrote: »
    I've a couple of them. Great job. No wires just need a WiFi signal. Batteries do indeed last a long time. Just checked my history and I got 2 of the XT models for a hundred quid back in 2019. Must've been some hell of a deal back then.

Thank you both, will give one a try so. Coming in at 46pound for me with the tenner voucher that's doing the rounds so worth a try.

Edit: I'm too slow, offer has ended! Ah well

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 266 ✭✭Solaris10

TMC99 wrote: »
    That's well under the €150. The €150 represents item value plus shipping. You do not include Irish VAT in the €150 limit, your total is c €127/£109

Order Total:
    £134.80/€157.35

Advertisement