Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Jet Get Radio!!!! post here when you get something new!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,175 ✭✭✭DaveyDave

My Saturn library and experience in general is quite limited compared to the Mega Drive and Dreamcast. It's probably the console I play and collect the least. 3D stuff hasn't aged well for that generation so I stick to racing, fighting or shooters but so many games are bloody expensive, I definitely want to try some more stuff. Must look into a flash drive.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,224 ✭✭✭Gradius

Got this recently, an original Capcom kit for Super Muscle Bomber, serial numbers matching on everything which is nice. It's a solid game, basically a sf2 in a wrestling ring. And you can play as Haggar from Final Fight. Nothing super exciting.

I was planning on converting it to progear and be able to swap back and forth by swapping ROMs but thanks to a lot of insight from mozie I discovered it was far too much trouble. If it was a loose game, no big deal, but it would be a shame to spoil the matching kit.

Downside, no progear.

Upside, the box and kit is so neat I want to cover it in caramel and spank it's little bottom, Darling

y-Oo9ee-En-400x400.jpg

IMG-20210531-192906-2.jpg

IMG-20210531-231252-9.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 5,771 ✭✭✭Jack burton

That's Saturday Night Slam masters to me. Awesome game!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,003 ✭✭✭Colonel Panic

My monitor in the stack. Thanks O1s1n!

555168.jpeg

555169.jpeg

• Registered Users Posts: 567 ✭✭✭Burzum

Gorgeous, I need one :(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 34,283 ✭✭✭✭o1s1n
    Master of the Universe

Glad to see it working so well, enjoy! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,019 ✭✭✭Touch Fuzzy Get Dizzy

Came across this and got it cheap, had a dog on it why not?

E3eNrfTXwAUxlj2?format=jpg&name=large

E3eNtS4WEAM8qK2?format=jpg&name=large

Got another Nintendo vs pcb, Dr Mario, but it came without a ppu. Swapped a ppu from another board and hey presto (after 20 tries).

Great little two player versus :)

IMG-20210617-201713-7.jpg

Started messing around with a projector setup, trying to tweak it and understanding the options is complicated so it'll take a while to get just right. So far it's very impressive though, I'm getting it to about 12/14 ft wide screen and quality is nice. Black level stuff seems to change for literally everything, but all setup for a grand premiere of Aliens for a bunch tonight, bit of popcorn at the ready :)

And games are coming through nice too, lots of cables and still messing around with getting rgb (though maybe that's pointless?) Dunno yet. Zero lag as far as I can tell.

Red tent for scale (and laziness shifting it around)

IMG-20210624-142613-9.jpg

IMG-20210624-144156-1.jpg

IMG-20210624-150714-2.jpg

1/3 of the bundle I have on the way, have alot of work to do in cleaning, retro brighting and refurbishing these into working machines, will take ages but will be worth it.
    TBVRQfWm.jpg
    EgSPWENm.jpg
    OYOQoDSm.jpg
    MEWEDJkm.jpg
    M3a9T0Dm.jpg
    ffpG74Zm.jpg
    8Xwl4xum.jpg
    PVo0gulm.jpg
    GbgMplfm.jpg
    LSLc8zpm.jpg

• Advertisement

kTjgQ55m.jpg
    NC6kEDpm.jpg
    0gZ8EbGm.jpg
    LduFpr2m.jpg
    Wp0MmvHm.jpg

i216MkYm.jpg

rBzO8oYm.jpg

bC305bwm.jpg

MyMLYNym.jpg

Esq0zoJm.jpg

fUg4yFrm.jpg

9aECEFkm.jpg

ZE21hmhm.jpg

m5yAvMam.jpg

vI8ooVQm.jpg

II1HaFAm.jpg

rXUcoR3m.jpg

8rHlpDnm.jpg

KL7TKIFm.jpg

yA2xx3wm.jpg

4wun93Am.jpg

QExpiUpm.jpg

fTlJgWOm.jpg

sfCG7sCm.jpg

4d5fUumm.jpg

ykEoGjmm.jpg

i216MkYm.jpg

rBzO8oYm.jpg

That's all for now :) more in a a few weeks.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,175 ✭✭✭DaveyDave

They forgot the kitchen sink, serious haul there!

DaveyDave wrote: »
    They forgot the kitchen sink, serious haul there!

I will be grabbing that next collection, along with some more c64's, amiga or two, sinclair ql, amstrad stuff, philips msx, g7000, oric's and good few other bits and bobs and games all in all around 70ish computers.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,780 ✭✭✭eddhorse

Holy moley, serius haul. Good job.
    A lot of scrubbing to do.
    Might want to create your own thread for all that.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,423 ✭✭✭Inviere

A haul for the ages Burzum, some great bits & pieces there :cool:

eddhorse wrote: »
    Holy moley, serius haul. Good job.
    A lot of scrubbing to do.
    Might want to create your own thread for all that.

Yeah that's a good idea, will make a thread to document the journey :D Gonna take ages to get through even a handful of computers as I will only be working on them on Sundays depending on work and life.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,201 ✭✭✭KeRbDoG

Burzum wrote: »
    Yeah that's a good idea, will make a thread to document the journey :D Gonna take ages to get through even a handful of computers as I will only be working on them on Sundays depending on work and life.
    Document how you found the haul too :) we have much to learn

• Advertisement

KeRbDoG wrote: »
    Document how you found the haul too :) we have much to learn

Good old adverts.ie :D

• Registered Users Posts: 12,270 ✭✭✭✭Skerries

what was the final cost on that?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,003 ✭✭✭Colonel Panic

Got my brother in law to print a stand for my RetroTink 5x. Helps with the annoying SCART placement.

Also got an Action Replay for the Saturn. My modded PAL model didn’t survive storage and won’t boot from any drive. Leaving this Saturn unmodded for now.

attachment.php?attachmentid=557733&d=1625567088

attachment.php?attachmentid=557732&d=1625567088

• Registered Users Posts: 14,148 ✭✭✭✭Lemming

Got the following magazine collections in the post today (from an ebay shop), all magazines in PDF format:

• Commodore Format
    • ZZap!64
    • Mean Machines Sega
    • Computer & Video Games

Grand total of just under £10 posted for the lot; C&VG is a double CD affair.

Just bought this as it has the handful of gamea my father wants to play. Yet it does not want to work on my nes, my other carts work 1st time, do I need to lift the pin on lockout chip.

Turns out just needed to press reset 3times and it works.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 50,698 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

That's a Spanish flea market on holidays nostalgia special.

Except it would be one good game and a pile of shite.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,201 ✭✭✭KeRbDoG

Got one of these for a project - note if you buy from AliExpress and they state they are taking EU VAT (bill you, have an invoice etc), that doesn't guarantee the actual seller will have the knowledge to ensure the paperwork will be with the package 😑

Will the project ever work? No idea but I've already fixed 4 PCB traces on it so far. Good news is that I can erase EPROMs and my programmer is back working! Small yay

• Registered Users Posts: 1,700 ✭✭✭geotrig

I've seen talk before of unusual power draw* that could potentially cause damage the Aes have you noticed anything ?it all seemed a bit light on explaination now this was a good few years ago so we might understand this black magic thing call power a bit more now !

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,148 ✭✭✭✭Lemming

Turned up this morning; complete in box (minus whatever internal cardboard/styrofoam packaging there may have been). Not bad for £47 (including courier delivery). Will check it it's working later when I get home from work. Always wanted to try Terminator 2: the arcade game with a light gun ..

Advertisement