Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Anyone not getting the vaccine?

Options
  • 02-07-2021 6:38pm
    Registered Users Posts: 69 ✭✭

Not an anti-vaccine person but I am going to defer getting the covid vaccine until the clinical trials are over and the data published and reviewed, anyone else in the same boat?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 93 ✭✭Arturo Delgado

You just get abused here, and in fairness, anywhere else if you are vaccine hesitant. I personally would wait until or if the Novavax one gets approved. But that's just me.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 67,618 Mod ✭✭✭✭L1011

There have never been vaccines with more review of their trials and data than these.

• Registered Users Posts: 228 ✭✭Lyle

I'm waiting on that sweet, sweet €150 incentive

• Registered Users Posts: 69 ✭✭quinneerr

I have had several vaccines in my life, but not the covid one, too many unknowns and daily reports of nasty reactions and deaths, plenty of experts are now speaking out about it, including the inventor of the mRNA vaccine, so why are people so quick to get it knowing the history of the vaccines makers, not very ethical to say the least.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,551 ✭✭✭✭Alf Veedersane

quinneerr wrote: »
    I have had several vaccines in my life, but not the covid one, too many unknowns and daily reports of nasty reactions and deaths, plenty of experts are now speaking out about it, including the inventor of the mRNA vaccine, so why are people so quick to get it knowing the history of the vaccines makers, not very ethical to say the least.

Malone wasn't the inventor of the mRNA vaccine.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,134 ✭✭✭maxamillius

Fairly hesitant myself, not anti vax, just hesitant. I’m yet to find a solid reason as to why I should get it, doesn’t prevent me catching or spreading covid.

If it wasn’t for the whole travel thing I probably wouldn’t get it.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,018 ✭✭✭Ficheall

Not an anti-vaccine person but I am going to "defer" getting the covid vaccine until everyone else has taken the slight risk associated with the vaccine to nullify my risk of being infected with covid
    FYP

L1011 wrote: »
    There have never been vaccines with more review of their trials and data than these.

Have you seen the videos of reactions?
    Have you seen the videos of people testifying months later of the life changing reactions they have had and continue to suffer?
    Curious as to why people trust J&J, Pfizer and Moderna, a few minutes searching will show you the out come of these 3 pushing dangerous products on the public, would it not be wise to wait until the clinical trials are over , and then make a informed decision?

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 67,618 Mod ✭✭✭✭L1011

Have you seen the videos of people testifying months later of the life changing reactions they have had and continue to suffer?
    Curious as to why people trust J&J, Pfizer and Moderna, a few minutes searching will show you the out come of these 3 pushing dangerous products on the public, would it not be wise to wait until the clinical trials are over , and then make a informed decision?

Claim not to be anti vaccine, within one further post you go to antivax tropes.

You will never made an "informed decision" if you think youtube is a valid place to get medical advice.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,875 ✭✭✭✭Sleeper12

You just get abused here, and in fairness, anywhere else if you are vaccine hesitant. I personally would wait until or if the Novavax one gets approved. But that's just me.

I disagree. Nothing wrong with being vaccine hesitant. I have no time for when people post made up anti valentines information but I think it's perfectly reasonable to be scared or hesitant.

• Advertisement

Ficheall wrote: »
    FYP

Grave yards are full of heroes.

Why get an experimental vaccine with ZERO knowledge of the medium to long term effects for a virus that in reality wont effect 99% of the population?
    This is what has me puzzled, risking your health when you know the history of these type of companies in the pursuit of profit.
    meds.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 289 ✭✭myfreespirit

1. Do you have clear evidence of a causal relationship between the perceived "reactions" suffered by the subjects in those videos and the vaccine dose in question?

2. Is there any evidence that the person (in the videos) who suffered the reaction to the vaccine, notified the responsible medicines authorisation body, e.g. EMA, MHRA, about the reactions? If so, what has the authorising body done about this?

Taking videos posted on the internet at face value is, ahem, rather naive IMO.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 10,403 Mod ✭✭✭✭humberklog

Sleeper12 wrote: »
    I disagree. Nothing wrong with being vaccine hesitant. I have no time for when people post made up anti valentines information but I think it's perfectly reasonable to be scared or hesitant.

They've no love in their hearts.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,275 ✭✭✭km991148

meds.jpg

I'm not going to jump on anyone hesitant.. but what are these images supposed to represent?

The science behind smoking (for example) being bad was established pretty early on.. the marketeers just decided to ignore it..

I mean these are all examples of science that should have been trusted but were willfully ignored.

Fairly hesitant myself, not anti vax, just hesitant. I’m yet to find a solid reason as to why I should get it, doesn’t prevent me catching or spreading covid.

If it wasn’t for the whole travel thing I probably wouldn’t get it.
    You won't need it for travel either. A negative test or if you've had and recovered from the virus in the past six months, then you're good to go.

• Registered Users Posts: 31,008 ✭✭✭✭Lumen

Not an anti-vaccine person

Yes you are.

You will never made an "informed decision" if you think youtube is a valid place to get medical advice.

So asking questions on a vaccine in clinical trials passes for antivax around here?
    I would think that is the sensible path to follow, and not behave like a lemming and jumping in with out knowing the consequences
    ?u=https%3A%2F%2Ftse1.mm.bing.net%2Fth%3Fid%3DOIP.Nu4cldViRm3uhqex-lJIdgHaEK%26pid%3DApi&f=1

So asking questions on a vaccine in clinical trials passes for antivax around here?
    I would think that is the sensible path to follow, and not behave like a lemming and jumping in with out knowing the consequences
    ?u=https%3A%2F%2Ftse1.mm.bing.net%2Fth%3Fid%3DOIP.Nu4cldViRm3uhqex-lJIdgHaEK%26pid%3DApi&f=1

You're not asking questions, though.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,147 ✭✭✭✭pjohnson

Lumen wrote: »
    Yes you are.

The preprepared memes are a dead giveaway.

Lumen wrote: »
    Yes you are.

I have had several vaccines, so if that makes me antivax, im perplexed as to what would make someone provax around here, just blindly shove anything into your body and hope for the best?

• Advertisement

Claiming not to be antivax is not credible with the misinformed nonsense you're posting.

Only anti-vaxxers (or extremely gullible people, though they're not mutually exclusive) would trust videos they found on YouTube as their primary source of medical information.

You have an agenda, stop playing innocent.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,615 ✭✭✭grogi

Grave yards are full of heroes.

Why get an experimental vaccine with ZERO knowledge of the medium to long term effects for a virus that in reality wont effect 99% of the population?
    This is what has me puzzled, risking your health when you know the history of these type of companies in the pursuit of profit.
    meds.jpg

There is something called 'State of the Art'. No credible scientists will ever claim they know everything and all claims are made according to our best knowledge at the moment.

Sure, sometime someone is wrong. Sometimes facts need corrections. Our knowledge expands and evolves, new things are discovered etc.

But does it mean you shouldn't trust science and do exactly opposite? In. No, in longer span of time following the science is better, even if it sometimes is wrong.

Current vaccines are , at this stage, very well tested. Results published in reviewed papers - and the scientific consensus is that it is much better to get one, anyone of those approved, than not to. No guarantees, but propability of severe complications from vaccine are much smaller than propability you'll get Covid and severe complications from it.

That's science. Not absolute truth, but best we can do at the moment.

• Registered Users Posts: 443 ✭✭TP_CM

We're pro vax but hesitant with this one because we're going for another kid and we haven't seen enough information around parents who had the vaccine pre-conception and the health of the baby after birth (autism etc). I will more than likely get it as soon as my part is done though. I'll fully support whatever the missus wants to do but from what I've heard so far she's going nowhere near it.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,701 ✭✭✭Wolf359f

I have had several vaccines, so if that makes me antivax, im perplexed as to what would make someone provax around here, just blindly shove anything into your body and hope for the best?

Most antivaxxers would have been vaccinated as a child. Hard to say no to a vaccine when in diapers and haven't been brainwashed by YouTube yet.

• Registered Users Posts: 228 ✭✭Lyle

TP_CM wrote: »
    We're pro vax but hesitant with this one because we're going for another kid and we haven't seen enough information around parents who had the vaccine pre-conception and the health of the baby after birth (autism etc). I will more than likely get it as soon as my part is done though. I'll fully support whatever the missus wants to do but from what I've heard so far she's going nowhere near it.

Vaccinations do not cause autism.

1. Do you have clear evidence of a causal relationship between the perceived "reactions" suffered by the subjects in those videos and the vaccine dose in question?

2. Is there any evidence that the person (in the videos) who suffered the reaction to the vaccine, notified the responsible medicines authorisation body, e.g. EMA, MHRA, about the reactions? If so, what has the authorising body done about this?

Taking videos posted on the internet at face value is, ahem, rather naive IMO.

People testifying at hearings into vaccine side effects look convincing to me.
    It would seem this part of boards is heavy pro covid vaccine and does not want any kind of debate on the risks, maybe most here are already vaccinated and dont want to acknowledge the doubts arising on a daily basis about the safety of these vaccines, maybe one day you will be open to debate, until then a i wish you all, vaccinated and unvaccinated good health

The link between vaccines and autism in general has been thoroughly debunked, why do people still believe this?

Honestly, if you have concerns, talk to your doctor.

• Registered Users Posts: 869 ✭✭✭Sofa King Great

Curious as to why you think it would cause autism?

• Registered Users Posts: 367 ✭✭OneLungDavy

*sigh* Ten posts in and civil discourse is already killed.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 869 ✭✭✭Sofa King Great

People testifying at hearings into vaccine side effects look convincing to me.
    It would seem this part of boards is heavy pro covid vaccine and does not want any kind of debate on the risks, maybe most here are already vaccinated and dont want to acknowledge the doubts arising on a daily basis about the safety of these vaccines, maybe one day you will be open to debate, until then a i wish you all, vaccinated and unvaccinated good health

No point in debating when one side is basing their info off scientific research and the other is basing their info off youtube and memes

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement