Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Beauty Issues during Covid 19 - Megathread - Hair, nails, brows etc

Options
1293031323335»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 21,039 ✭✭✭✭retro:electro

I pay €160 for full head of highlights, Olaplex and a toner. My wash cut and blow dry are included in the highlights price. I think if you’re getting balayage and highlights and a toner and go to anywhere decent you’ll end up paying somewhere between €120 and €180. It varies with each salon but that’s what I’ve come to expect

• Registered Users Posts: 329 ✭✭All that fandango

I pay €160 for full head of highlights, Olaplex and a toner. My wash cut and blow dry are included in the highlights price. I think if you’re getting balayage and highlights and a toner and go to anywhere decent you’ll end up paying somewhere between €120 and €180. It varies with each salon but that’s what I’ve come to expect

Ah grand so, yeah I'd say if its anywhere decent thats probably the norm alright. First time spending that money on one go on my hair, but after no hairdressers for nearly 7 months what harm...

Yeah hopefully as it’s balayage you won’t need to do much maintenance with it. You could ages out of it. Nice to treat yourself every now and again. It sounds fab

• Registered Users Posts: 420 ✭✭monaghanmissus

Really chuffed after my hair appointment today! Got a gorgeous dark colour on the roots and ashy blonde tips. Just a question - can anyone recommend a toner to keep the tips a cool shade? I find my colour tends to fade really quickly - could be the water in my area.

Faith wrote: »
    I had so much regrowth of my natural hair during lockdown that I’m still dissatisfied with how my roots look, even after getting them done. To be fair, the foils were PACKED in and left for ages, but it was like getting my hair highlighted for the first time. I know it’s going to take a while to get my colour back to where I want it, but it’s still frustrating to take such a big step back. When I tie my hair up, it doesn’t even look that obvious that I’ve had my colour done :(. Going again in 5 week, I think, so hopefully I’ll be happier after the next time.

I got mine done again today (six weeks later) and it’s definitely much brighter this time around although if you look close you can still see the band at the top where my root had grown down. But am much more happy with it this time so I’d say next session yours will be the same

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,655 Mod ✭✭✭✭Faith

I got mine done again today (six weeks later) and it’s definitely much brighter this time around although if you look close you can still see the band at the top where my root had grown down. But am much more happy with it this time so I’d say next session yours will be the same

Your colour is fab! I'd love to be able to get that blonde.

My next appointment is in two weeks so fingers crossed :)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,818 ✭✭✭Rfrip

I have finally got my mane done! Went to my hairdresser at her home. Hard going on her with the salon closing but i was so happy to catch up with her. All her staff have all jobs in other salons which is great too

Sis, the hair is fab....the blonde is so bright and fresh it is gorge

monaghanmissus, i got the same, dark root too with ballyage....my hairdresser recommended a toner actually for me, have yet to buy it online though but i trust her! It was Revlon Nutri color 1002

• Registered Users Posts: 1,443 ✭✭✭ams

Really chuffed after my hair appointment today! Got a gorgeous dark colour on the roots and ashy blonde tips. Just a question - can anyone recommend a toner to keep the tips a cool shade? I find my colour tends to fade really quickly - could be the water in my area.

Might not be exactly what you are looking for but this is great for getting rid of brassiness and giving a cool tone to blonde. I bought from this website recently and it was delivered in a week by a courier.

https://www.justmylook.com/revlon-professional-nutri-color-filters-1002-pale-platinum-240ml-p4640

ams wrote: »
    Might not be exactly what you are looking for but this is great for getting rid of brassiness and giving a cool tone to blonde. I bought from this website recently and it was delivered in a week by a courier.

https://www.justmylook.com/revlon-professional-nutri-color-filters-1002-pale-platinum-240ml-p4640

Oh that’s what my hairdresser recommended! Thanks for the link…I wasn’t sure what site was best to use when googled!

• Registered Users Posts: 420 ✭✭monaghanmissus

Thanks ams and Rfrip! :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,767 ✭✭✭GingerLily

Getting my hair cut for the first time in 18 months on Thursday! Got a cousin to baby sit (babies 8 weeks old) for the appointment.

I badly need a cut and some alone time :)

GingerLily wrote: »
    Getting my hair cut for the first time in 18 months on Thursday! Got a cousin to baby sit (babies 8 weeks old) for the appointment.

I badly need a cut and some alone time :)

Aw congrats !

On the baby mostly but also on the hair apt!!

So I finally got my hair cut yesterday. I like the length cut (shoulder length choppy bob, although I did ask that the hair at the nape of my neck not be cut very short, it is quite short and stumpy feeling). However, I got balayage and toner put in and I have to say I'm pretty disappointed at how dull and underwhelming it looks. Im naturally dark brown (but not so dark it looks black) and I wanted to have a balayage/highlights that would make the dark brown 'pop' with lots of lighter warm brown tones. Instead it just looks like the dull faded rusty brown colour I get when a dark brown box dye fades over time. Im looking at pictures on the hair salons own website and some of the clients dark brown with balayage hair looks amazing. The hairdresser herself said my hair 'lifted' pretty well so I dont know how it doesnt look vibrant at all. I paid 170 euro and feel like it wasnt the difference in colour I hoped for. What should I do?

• Registered Users Posts: 653 ✭✭✭LilacNails

I would ring up the salon and explain u are disappointed with ur hair. After paying that amount of money u should only be delighted with it.

They surely will offer to fix it for nothing, the sooner u do this the better. How frustrating!

• Registered Users Posts: 520 ✭✭✭Telly

Sometimes it takes a few trips to get it how you like it. I got my highlights done when lockdown was lifted and wasnt too happy with them but knew if i got them done again 6 weeks later that they'd be much lighter and they were and now i love the colour.

LilacNails wrote: »
    I would ring up the salon and explain u are disappointed with ur hair. After paying that amount of money u should only be delighted with it.

They surely will offer to fix it for nothing, the sooner u do this the better. How frustrating!

Yeah, I've spoken with them today and will be going back next week. I'm so disapointed, its supposed to be lovely mixture of browns and dark browns. Not rusty gingery, coppery flecks, that highlight how pink my pale skin is. Maybe Im just not one of those balayage girls.

Advertisement