Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Beauty Issues during Covid 19 - Megathread - Hair, nails, brows etc

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,799 ✭✭✭Rfrip

Rfrip wrote: »
    I’d scheduled hair apts for the rest of the year when I was in at Christmas. My next apt is the 08th may

They are going to announce they can open on the 10th may arnt they!!

As I predicted

Happy for all of ye with yere apts of course :)

Faith wrote: »
    Okay, I'm crippled by indecision, can someone decide for me what to do?

Salon A: City centre, high end, very expensive. Appointment booked for early Jan. They never ever made contact me regarding it being cancelled or anything else. I tried contacting them by DM and email to inquire about rebooking once restrictions lifted (i.e. do I contact them or do they contact me) - they totally ignored me and never replied. I've paid them a e50 deposit.

Salon B: Middle of nowhere but very good reputation. Offered me an appointment at short notice pre-Christmas but I couldn't make the only time they had available. They're taking calls for booking in appointments today.

Do I wait and see if Salon A get on to me, or do I just ahead and book with Salon B?

Go with salon b....if they have a good reputation then that’s brilliant! Duck the other crowd!

• Registered Users Posts: 21,039 ✭✭✭✭retro:electro

I would go ahead and book with salon B. Where you could forgive salon A for not getting back to you the last few months, most salons are now back engaging with customers and taking appointments and a lot are starting with those who had missed appointments, so there’s no reason they shouldn’t be contacting you now. I think it’s bad form actually. The only contact I’d be making towards salon A now would be enquiring how to get my deposit back

neonsofa wrote: »
    I am so torn now as to whether to re do my colour or keep it natural now... I had balayage done before first lockdown just cause I was a bit sick of the bright all over blonde and it was a dream through all this as it just grew out naturally without harsh bad roots. Now all blonde is gone except for the ends which will be chopped when I get to the salon.

I am feeling like the natural is very boring now especially as its been paired with no styling for so long, but the fear is in me that if I go full blonde again and they close again..... !!!

Saved an absolute fortune with no upkeep though! Decisions decisions!!

Sis I’m the same. Went full blown platinum two wks before the pandemic started last year. Got a dark root in at Christmas because I just couldn’t cope with it and I ended up looking like a white Walker

Going to keep up the ballyage I think! I need some bit of blonde!!!

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 6,461 Mod ✭✭✭✭HildaOgdenx

Hair appointment made, yay.

It didn't annoy me quite as much this time around, but now I cannot wait for the colour and cut to be done!

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,655 Mod ✭✭✭✭Faith

Thanks, you've confirmed what I was thinking! I'm really disappointed in Salon A. The owner seems to be too busy posting about her TV slots to care about customer service.

And @Rfrip, you have some predictive powers!! :D

/edit: And I've got an appointment! It's not until the 21st but I've no confidence it would be any sooner in the other place, shower of gobshytes. Going to take the day off work and REVEL in my new hair!

Surely she knows the answer to this already? :pac:

551892.JPG

Thanks, you've confirmed what I was thinking! I'm really disappointed in Salon A. The owner seems to be too busy posting about her TV slots to care about customer service.

And @Rfrip, you have some predictive powers!! :D

/edit: And I've got an appointment! It's not until the 21st but I've no confidence it would be any sooner in the other place, shower of gobshytes. Going to take the day off work and REVEL in my new hair!

Is this kopper in cork? If it is do not get me started on the owner

Sabrina? A bigger dose I’ve never seen. She’s too busy admiring herself in her camera to notice your DM :pac:

It's not Kopper, but along the same vein. I did enjoy Sabrina's instagram for a while when she was giving hair tips, but now I can't bear her. I don't care about mundane interiors or clothes, or worse yet, shítty meals that she makes. I had considered trying Kopper before but I just couldn't now.

• Advertisement

If I see that vase of pampas grass one more flippen time

• Registered Users Posts: 1,094 ✭✭✭The Cool

Have brows and a haircut booked for Monday 10th!!! Delighted!! My colour is completely gone at this stage after a semi box dye last summer so I'd love to get balayage but I'm moving soon, so will wait to find a salon to start with colour.
    Trop Pop booked for nails on the Tuesday and FINALLY, have an appointment with Urbana in 3 weeks time that won't be cancelled! My last appointment was in September and I've had 4 appts cancelled since due to restrictions, so delighted to get a top-up in while I'm still living locally!
    I can't WAIT to walk into a salon!!

• Registered Users Posts: 879 ✭✭✭Recliner

Recliner wrote: »
    Appointment for hair next week. Hasn't been done since last September.
    I'm giddy!!!

I was getting ahead of myself. It's the week after. I thought they were opening next week.
    But I will be their very first appointment of the year, so g'wan me..

• Registered Users Posts: 4,812 ✭✭✭Addle

Am so sorry I kept coloring my hair at home the last 12 months, but I did and I have a lot of build up now.
    Won’t be a priority for an appointment either.
    Can anyone recommend a good shampoo to remove colour from hair?
    Is that what clarifying shampoo is?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,390 ✭✭✭Airyfairy12

Addle wrote: »
    Am so sorry I kept coloring my hair at home the last 12 months, but I did and I have a lot of build up now.

Try head and shoulders, it wont completely remove the colour but it should help to fade it.

• Registered Users Posts: 623 ✭✭✭Minier81

Brows booked yay!! Need to get onto my hairdresser...

I feel a bit bad now, they replied to me this evening :o. Still going to go with the other salon, if only because it’s about €100 cheaper for the same thing!

• Registered Users Posts: 22,233 ✭✭✭✭Autosport

Addle wrote: »

I use Colour Wow Dream Filter shampoo, it removes all product/Dye from your hair :)

Ladies Ye have made me laugh about Sabrina/Copper salon, I never minded her but sometimes she just goes on and on and on :D I thought it was a Cork thing :D

I haven’t made any hair appointments yet as they’re not open until Tuesday and I’m back to work Tuesday and I have only put in a box dye last week, I have a few weeks to go :)

Sometimes I feel the high end and more “prestigious” salons are never worth it. They charge a fortune and I’ve never been that wowed. I’ve trawled the country at this stage for the best colourist and actuality I find the smaller, more modest salons to be feckin better and they aren’t rushing you out of the chair as soon as you get in it. I’ve hit the sweet spot with where I am now because she has won loads of awards with Wella and has some amazing stylists on her team, but isn’t that active on Instagram so not that well known really. I’m hoping she stays that way!

Sometimes I feel the high end and more “prestigious” salons are never worth it. They charge a fortune and I’ve never been that wowed. I’ve trawled the country at this stage for the best colourist and actuality I find the smaller, more modest salons to be feckin better and they aren’t rushing you out of the chair as soon as you get in it. I’ve hit the sweet spot with where I am now because she has won loads of awards with Wella and has some amazing stylists on her team, but isn’t that active on Instagram so not that well known really. I’m hoping she stays that way!

To be fair, I do wonder just how fancy and good you can get with highlights. Like, surely once you get the technique and colour right, that’s about it? Not to pile on, but I’ve watched a few videos of highlights done by Kopper and it seems like everyone leaves with loads of roots still? I know that makes regrowth less obvious, in theory, but I don’t feel like it looks great.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 22,233 ✭✭✭✭Autosport

To be fair, I do wonder just how fancy and good you can get with highlights. Like, surely once you get the technique and colour right, that’s about it? Not to pile on, but I’ve watched a few videos of highlights done by Kopper and it seems like everyone leaves with loads of roots still? I know that makes regrowth less obvious, in theory, but I don’t feel like it looks great.

It’s not just me that thought that

• Registered Users Posts: 1,185 ✭✭✭Dark Phoenix

I am a happy girl - my hairdresser rang me yesterday to book me in - day off work booked in two weeks for eye brows and hair can’t wait as I look like Rapunzel my hair is so long. Have been using olaplex the last few months though and can’t get over how good it is, my hair is in great condition which is a miracle!

Same :) Superstar hairdresser saved me a slot, and now I have the mani/pedi/eyebrow reservations too. Sigh. Delighted!
    Should I go full on and try eyelash extensions for the summer or will they melt off me?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,379 ✭✭✭Aisling(",)

I'm booked in the hairdressers for the 19th.
    They would have fit me in that first week but I have exams and I want to chill that weekend.

I can't wait to see my hair all lovely and ginger again.I'll be feeling brand new.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 6,461 Mod ✭✭✭✭HildaOgdenx

Hair appointment made, yay.

It didn't annoy me quite as much this time around, but now I cannot wait for the colour and cut to be done!

And beautician appointment now made. Can't wait.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 27,527 Mod ✭✭✭✭Posy

Got a phone-call this morning from PM, and booked in for the end of May. It's a Saturday, so I don't even have to take time off work. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,652 ✭✭✭PoisonIvyBelle

Posy wrote: »
    Got a phone-call this morning from PM, and booked in for the end of May. It's a Saturday, so I don't even have to take time off work. :D

Yasssss. :)They've been so good this time around, called me to reschedule me in before they got a solid reopening date last week. I'm in the week of the 10th - DYING FOR IT.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 9,307 Mod ✭✭✭✭Ciarrai76

Got my hair appointment for the 15th May, can't wait! I was on her waiting list thankfully as I hadn't had my hair cut since October, just before that lockdown started before Christmas!

Next up will be the brows & lashes, but I am not really as bothered about that. I could do with getting a facial though. My skin needs some tlc!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,595 ✭✭✭Meauldsegosha

Nails and eyebrows booked for next Tuesday. So happy :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,740 ✭✭✭Foweva Awone

My hair WAS driving me mad but now that it's grown out down past my shoulders, longer than I've had it in years, it's like I've pushed through a wall and suddenly am enjoying my long hair!! I just love swishing my big long ponytail around all over the place!! :-D So I booked an appointment for cut and colour, but not for another month. And will probably only get a wee trim when the time comes.

I'm super excited about getting my nails and lashes and brows done, will feel like myself again then. Looking forward to a nice massage too (my lash and brow girl does them, be rude not to get one when I'm there anyways. :-D)

Advertisement