Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Donald Trump discussion Thread IX (threadbanned users listed in OP)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 20,905 ✭✭✭✭Ash.J.Williams

Nody wrote: »
    I wonder if Trump will now turn on DeSantis as he's no longer #1 or simply call it fake news and rigged election...

Trump will demolish any contender if he's still going!

• Registered Users Posts: 11,521 ✭✭✭✭aloyisious

I wonder if Trump will now turn on DeSantis as he's no longer #1 or simply call it fake news and rigged election...

In Florida even, where Trump is now domiciled. Has Trump done something to annoy his base there?

• Registered Users Posts: 13,438 ✭✭✭✭briany

PropJoe10 wrote: »
    There's more chance of me becoming US President than Mike Pence. Traditional Republicans will hate him for hitching to the Trump Train, and Trumpsters hate him for stabbing the Orange One in the back. He'd be as well disappearing entirely and if he wants to, making a comeback in about ten years while hoping that people can't quite remember where they saw him before.

Pence is so dull and lacking in personality that there is a very outside possibility of this working. But, in reality, I don't know why he'd bother. He's a political no-account and was virtually invisible during the Trump presidency. A presidential bid would go precisely nowhere. He would have to know that, surely, and you'd think he'd have had his fill after a mob broke into the Capitol looking to harm him and other assorted politicians the mob believed were against their beloved president. Has to be good money out there for an ex-VP as the chairman of some PAC or conservative think tank.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,990 ✭✭✭✭StringerBell

If that's a new one its the second time its happened.

"People say ‘go with the flow’ but do you know what goes with the flow? Dead fish."

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,246 CMod ✭✭✭✭Nody

Rudi just lost his lawyers license in New York due to lying about the 2020 election results; I guess he can move down to Florida and take the bar exam there instead.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 25,348 ✭✭✭✭Timberrrrrrrr

Rudi just lost his lawyers license in New York due to lying about the 2020 election results; I guess he can move down to Florida and take the bar exam there instead.

We can expect a "statement" from 45 any minute now screaming about how this is just another part of the Dem "witch hunt" against him.

• Registered Users Posts: 39,366 ✭✭✭✭Itssoeasy

I see that rudy or someone on his behalf meant to be in court over the dominion voting lawsuit.

Oh if you haven’t seen it go watch general mark milley, the chairman if the joint chiefs of staff was on Capitol Hill yesterday along with the defence secretary lyold Austin and was asked a question by Matt gaetz and it went about as well as you’d expect for gaetz. Btw Matt gaetz either always looks like this or the guy isn’t getting enough sleep.

• Registered Users Posts: 933 ✭✭✭jamule

We can expect a "statement" from 45 any minute now screaming about how this is just another part of the Dem "witch hunt" against him.

Not a peep outta him, he owes Rudy dollars, Rudy will be shat on by the Don.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,348 ✭✭✭✭Timberrrrrrrr

jamule wrote: »
    Not a peep outta him, he owes Rudy dollars, Rudy will be shat on by the Don.

Don will say its all lies because if Rudi starts singing (and I think he will) then Trump will claim the "deep state" has got to him.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,234 ✭✭✭PropJoe10

Don will say its all lies because if Rudi starts singing (and I think he will) then Trump will claim the "deep state" has got to him.

Absolutely, and then the Trump base will lap that up. We're in Jim Jones territory now when it comes to the Republican voter and Donald Trump.

• Advertisement

Bridges burnt.... FORMER US VICE president Mike Pence has defended his role in certifying the results of the 2020 election, saying he’s “proud” of what he did on 6 January and declaring there’s “almost no idea more un-American than the notion that any one person could choose the American president.” Pence, a potential 2024 presidential contender, delivered his strongest rebuttal to date of former president Donald Trump’s continued insistence that he could unilaterally overturn the results of the last election, even though the Constitution granted him no such power.

Pence, in remarks at the Ronald Reagan Presidential Library yesterday, directly addressed those who continue to blame him for Trump’s defeat to now-President Joe Biden, who won the Electoral College on a 306-232 vote. “Now, there are those in our party who believe that, in my position as presiding officer over the joint session, that I possessed the authority to reject or return electoral votes certified by the states,” Pence said. “But the Constitution provides the vice president with no such authority before the joint session of Congress. “And the truth is,” he continued, “there’s almost no idea more un-American than the notion that any one person could choose the American president. The presidency belongs to the American people and the American people alone.” Pence said he will “always be proud that we did our part, on that tragic day, to reconvene the Congress and fulfil our duty under the Constitution and the laws of the United States.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,496 ✭✭✭Jack1985

NYT reporting that the Manhattan D.A. has informed Trump's lawyers that the organisation could be facing criminal charges in their inquiry. https://www.nytimes.com/2021/06/25/nyregion/trump-organization-criminal-charges.html?action=click&module=Spotlight&pgtype=Homepage

Journo's currently circulating that an arrest could be imminent for the Donald himself.

https://twitter.com/carolecadwalla/status/1408317135449899013?s=20

• Registered Users Posts: 11,068 ✭✭✭✭duploelabs

Jack1985 wrote: »
    NYT reporting that the Manhattan D.A. has informed Trump's lawyers that the organisation could be facing criminal charges in their inquiry. https://www.nytimes.com/2021/06/25/nyregion/trump-organization-criminal-charges.html?action=click&module=Spotlight&pgtype=Homepage

Journo's currently circulating that an arrest could be imminent for the Donald himself.

https://twitter.com/carolecadwalla/status/1408317135449899013?s=20

Referencing both the New York Post and The Sun in a single post? They're hardly reliable sources

• Registered Users Posts: 21,489 ✭✭✭✭Tell me how

I'm refusing to get my hopes up until I see it formally announced that a warrant has been issued for him.

All this 'could be' or 'expect to' is just newspapers trying to generate traffic on the story.

I certainly hope it happens, I'm not at all confident that it will.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,496 ✭✭✭Jack1985

duploelabs wrote: »
    Referencing both the New York Post and The Sun in a single post? They're hardly reliable sources

The Sun reference is related to an aspect of that post, not in reference to Trump.
    I'm refusing to get my hopes up until I see it formally announced that a warrant has been issued for him.

All this 'could be' or 'expect to' is just newspapers trying to generate traffic on the story.

Pretty much same sentiment here, I very much dread to see what reaction would occur to a DJT arrest too in the US domestically.

Gotta hand it to the sun, they know their audience. The picture they choose is absolutely perfect for their needs :D

The New York Post article thing is interesting if only for the reason that that particular publication would be considered a pro trump one all things considered.

"People say ‘go with the flow’ but do you know what goes with the flow? Dead fish."

NYT reporting that the Manhattan D.A. has informed Trump's lawyers that the organisation could be facing criminal charges in their inquiry. https://www.nytimes.com/2021/06/25/nyregion/trump-organization-criminal-charges.html?

The legal eagles asked for estimates by CNN on what is going on there is that some of the Trump employees might have been partly paid in a payment in kind manner with gifts instead of regular taxable salaries without the gifts being declared.

Like most businesses and organised crime if set up correctly trump should be isolated in relation to tax evasion and other forms of fraud. Also like an investigation into a organised crime syndicate, they need Weisselberg to turn and spill for it to have any affect on trump,. Unless Weisselberg thinks trump is going to throw him under a bus*, or the district attorney’s office can prove enough that Weisselberg will see serious prison time along with financial loss, I don't think he will.

* trump will throw him under the nearest bus as soon as he thinks he needs to, why break the habit of a lifetime.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,489 ✭✭✭✭Tell me how

DubInMeath wrote: »
    Like most businesses and organised crime if set up correctly trump should be isolated in relation to tax evasion and other forms of fraud. Also like an investigation into a organised crime syndicate, they need Weisselberg to turn and spill for it to have any affect on trump,. Unless Weisselberg thinks trump is going to throw him under a bus*, or the district attorney’s office can prove enough that Weisselberg will see serious prison time along with financial loss, I don't think he will.

* trump will throw him under the nearest bus as soon as he thinks he needs to, why break the habit of a lifetime.

I think Trump is close to zero concerned about this. Did he allude to it at all in his recent rally and media appearances?

If he was concerned, he'd be calling it a witchhunt and would have already started to undermine Weisselberg.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,332 ✭✭✭amandstu

I think Trump is close to zero concerned about this. Did he allude to it at all in his recent rally and media appearances?

If he was concerned, he'd be calling it a witchhunt and would have already started to undermine Weisselberg.

Thought I might have heard of him calling this a witch hunt(but whenever I hear him say that I mishear it as "which cnut?")

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,068 ✭✭✭✭duploelabs

But it effectively means the end of Trump.org, this taking away that revenue stream. He can try and play it down but what kind of revenue will he be getting?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,454 ✭✭✭ECO_Mental

Big day today apparently with indictments. Hopefully I wont be disappointed and let down it seems that this orange buffoon can almost get away with murder.

https://eu.usatoday.com/story/news/politics/2021/06/30/trump-organization-tax-charges-expected-thursday/5366841001/

Trump might not himself be charged today but from what I hear once there are criminal charges placed on a company things can start going very bad for that company very fast, as banks and lenders start calling in loans fearing they wont get paid. And I am presuming that he wont have the means to repay theses loans so the Trump Org will go bankrupt again!......

Regarding Weisselberg I think he knows too much... who has being buying all those condos for cash?? all that Russian money that Trump Jr was bragging about... Most people would say that normal people should have turned by now but would you turn on the Russian mafia..or spend a couple of years in court (he can an afford it) and then maybe only a couple of years in prison. All depends on the severity of the charges. If they are serious and he is not turning then he must know some SERIOUS S**T

6.1kWp south facing, South of Cork City

Definitely a probability that Don will be ignoring Zvonimir Jurlina's YouTube video request to him to pay his trial legal fees over alleged burning and looting charges the FBI have laid against him over his Capitol activities. Jurlina's video: "I am a political prisoner. ... I can't get into any trouble. I can't do nothing bad. I can't do no drugs, no drinking to excess. I can't get into altercations with people. So, I'm a real American patriot. I would like to say, Donald Trump, please pay for my legal fees because this all happened because of you. Okay? How about that? And I did nothing wrong. Let's go. Let's go, I did nothing wrong.".

The witchunt claim has already started (not that they have stopped since before the election in the first place)

As other posters have said Weisselberg could well be up to his neck in this, so I think it will need the possibility of serious prison time and financial loss for him to turn, so you won't see trump undermining Weisselberg until he thinks it's going to happen.

aloyisious wrote: »
    Definitely a probability that Don will be ignoring Zvonimir Jurlina's YouTube video request to him to pay his trial legal fees over alleged burning and looting charges the FBI have laid against him over his Capitol activities. Jurlina's video: "I am a political prisoner. ... I can't get into any trouble. I can't do nothing bad. I can't do no drugs, no drinking to excess. I can't get into altercations with people. So, I'm a real American patriot. I would like to say, Donald Trump, please pay for my legal fees because this all happened because of you. Okay? How about that? And I did nothing wrong. Let's go. Let's go, I did nothing wrong.".

That reads like I can't do all the illegal stuff I love because I was stupid enough to follow trump, and now I'm going broke.
    My heart bleeds for them.

It's a bad sign for trump when fox don't cover your rantings live and the Republican politicians in the place you go decline the invite.

It's a bad sign for trump when fox don't cover your rantings live and the Republican politicians in the place you go decline the invite.

I'm sure that they will be called out as the MSM and RINOs that they are soon enough.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,861 ✭✭✭Christy42

I'm sure that they will be called out as the MSM and RINOs that they are soon enough.

I thought they were already when they called Arizona for Biden?

Christy42 wrote: »
    I thought they were already when they called Arizona for Biden?

The "news" section perhaps because of Arizona. But some of their hosts are still part of the chosen few apparently, given one of their resident conspiracy theorists, sorry hosts, Tucker is claiming that the NSA is monitoring him and wants him off the air.

• Advertisement

ECO_Mental wrote: »
    Big day today apparently with indictments. Hopefully I wont be disappointed and let down it seems that this orange buffoon can almost get away with murder.

https://eu.usatoday.com/story/news/politics/2021/06/30/trump-organization-tax-charges-expected-thursday/5366841001/

Trump might not himself be charged today but from what I hear once there are criminal charges placed on a company things can start going very bad for that company very fast, as banks and lenders start calling in loans fearing they wont get paid. And I am presuming that he wont have the means to repay theses loans so the Trump Org will go bankrupt again!......

Regarding Weisselberg I think he knows too much... who has being buying all those condos for cash?? all that Russian money that Trump Jr was bragging about... Most people would say that normal people should have turned by now but would you turn on the Russian mafia..or spend a couple of years in court (he can an afford it) and then maybe only a couple of years in prison. All depends on the severity of the charges. If they are serious and he is not turning then he must know some SERIOUS S**T

If what is being reported/alleged about Don's signature being on some of the cheques used/issued by the Trump Org that the DA & Co found questionable is true, then it might follow that if his CFO testifies that he saw Don actually handwrite the signatures on the cheques and they are NOT rubberstamp type facsimiles it would directly link Don to the Trump Org scheme. Don wouldn't be able to deny personal knowledge and involvement in the scheme. The DA would just have to be coy about phrasing the question to Don, lead him step by step into agreeing with the DA's argument that he knew all about the scheme and the reason the scheme was set up by his Trump Org & his friend, it's CFO.

He's known to have a knowledgeable fondness of putting his personal signature of cheques, even the ones issued by the federal Gov't under the Covid-19 scheme to workers left temporarily unemployed.

Advertisement