Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Sugar

Options
  • 28-06-2021 3:25pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,829 ✭✭✭

Is sugar as sweet as it was? I don’t think so.
    Two spoons in my coffee now.....before it was only one.
    They’re diluting sugar now father......

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,386 ✭✭✭olestoepoke

BENDYBINN wrote: »

Sugar is poison give it up and you'll feel better.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,704 ✭✭✭Doylers

Gave up sugar years and years ago. Don't miss it at all, my tea was paired with a lot of chocolate biscuits to aid in the transition lol

You can't really remove sugar from your diet can you? I mean, it's in nearly everything. You could cut it down but cut it out completely?

• Registered Users Posts: 12,257 ✭✭✭✭TheValeyard

Nah, sugar is awesome. Love sugar.

Fcuk Putin. Glory to Ukraine!

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Politics Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 81,309 CMod ✭✭✭✭coffee_cake

Take no sugar for a while then back to one, it'll be sweet again

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,717 ✭✭✭YFlyer

You are saying sucrose has changed? Perhaps it is Glucose or Lactose?

Which is the sweetest?

Maybe use Fructose.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,497 ✭✭✭Badly Drunk Boy

It's the Covid lockdowns that are causing all of this. Did you see the thread about vodka and beer being weaker now too, even if they have the same alcohol content? ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,542 ✭✭✭Montage of Feck

Just remember, the sweet is never as sweet without the sour.

🙈🙉🙊

• Registered Users Posts: 5,324 ✭✭✭JustAThought

I tried to totally cut out sugar - all pleasures verboten - fizzy drinks, biscuits, cake, jellies, chocolate, liters of lucozade - I found myself totally craving Lild Smoked Turkey and buying, roasting & eating a M&S meal deal roast chicken a week. One day I turned the Lidl pack of amoked turkey ingredients over.. the second ingredient was SUGAR. The second ingredient in the M&S roast chicken turned out to be caramel - reduced sugar mixed with sweetened butter.

Sugar is IMPOSSIBLE to avoid unless your a corn sucking vegan or suchlike. Just as well its so tasty.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,542 ✭✭✭Montage of Feck

I tried to totally cut out sugar - all pleasures verboten - fizzy drinks, biscuits, cake, jellies, chocolate, liters of lucozade - I found myself totally craving Lild Smoked Turkey and buying, roasting & eating a M&S meal deal roast chicken a week. One day I turned the Lidl pack of amoked turkey ingredients over.. the second ingredient was SUGAR. The second ingredient in the M&S roast chicken turned out to be caramel - reduced sugar mixed with sweetened butter.

Sugar is IMPOSSIBLE to avoid unless your a corn sucking vegan or suchlike. Just as well its so tasty.

There is sugar in corn.

🙈🙉🙊

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 90,908 Mod ✭✭✭✭Capt'n Midnight

YFlyer wrote: »
    You are saying sucrose has changed? Perhaps it is Glucose or Lactose?

Which is the sweetest?

Maybe use Fructose.
    don't use fructose, it's evil

• Registered Users Posts: 3,620 ✭✭✭AllGunsBlazing

Try switching to cocaine, op.

I did. And apart from the bugs crawling beneath my skin and the CIA trying to read my brainwaves, I've never felt better.

• Registered Users Posts: 494 ✭✭Green Mile

I don’t add sugar to anything because it’s in everything already.
    When I seen the bad side of diabetes, people fingers rotting and falling off, it really turned me off excess sugar.
    I try keep sugar intake to less than 100% of the daily recommended intake, it’s harder than you’d think.

Don’t ate nuttin and you’ll be ok.

• Registered Users Posts: 108 ✭✭ElJaguar

First you get the sugar. Then you get the power. Then you get the Women.

• Registered Users Posts: 943 ✭✭✭Real Life

Its because you've become so used to it.

Also keep in mind, despite what some people are saying in this thread Sugar is not poisonous but should be used in moderation just like anything.

Many people say they cut out sugar etc but are still having fruit and other foods that contain it naturally, and that's no harm but don't be thinking you are having no sugar, your body still digests it the same way.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,736 ✭✭✭Greyfox

Real Life wrote: »
    but should be used in moderation just like anything.

True.. although I find having sugar in moderation very difficult.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 90,908 Mod ✭✭✭✭Capt'n Midnight

Judge Dredd: The Sweet Taste Of Justice

FIRST PUBLISHED 2000AD Sci-Fi Special 1981

DATELINE 01 Jun 81

PAGE COUNT 10

REPRINTS Judge Dredd (Volume 2) 6, Judge Dredd (Volume 2) 61 & Judge Dredd: The Restricted Files 01

dredd_sugar.jpg

https://2.bp.blogspot.com/-4_-H2Ae3yQM/WqV9uYn40PI/AAAAAAAAK0w/Hl3USc4c3Qo1n-yBfRzVJ5JDBK_WDZN2wCLcBGAs/s1600/dredd_sugar.jpg

don't use fructose, it's evil

No way. Do tell.

No way. Do tell.

High Fructose Corn Syrup. It's about the cheapest sweetener as Corn Subsidies in the United States totaled $116.6 billion from 1995-2020

https://www.health.harvard.edu/blog/is-fructose-bad-for-you-200705012507
    Virtually every cell in the body can use glucose for energy. In contrast, only liver cells break down fructose. What happens to fructose inside liver cells is complicated. One of the end products is triglyceride, a form of fat. Uric acid and free radicals are also formed.[/QUOTE

free radicals :eek:

• Advertisement

High Fructose Corn Syrup. It's about the cheapest sweetener as Corn Subsidies in the United States totaled $116.6 billion from 1995-2020

https://www.health.harvard.edu/blog/is-fructose-bad-for-you-200705012507
    Virtually every cell in the body can use glucose for energy. In contrast, only liver cells break down fructose. What happens to fructose inside liver cells is complicated. One of the end products is triglyceride, a form of fat. Uric acid and free radicals are also formed.[/QUOTE

free radicals :eek:

Thanks. I forgot about the US using fructose instead of glucose or sucrose. Eating fruit is still ok?

fvp4 wrote: »
    Don’t ate nuttin and you’ll be ok.

Is that you Dr. Mosley?

ElJaguar wrote: »
    First you get the sugar. Then you get the power. Then you get the Women.

"The eyes chico, they never lie....."

• Registered Users Posts: 81,223 ✭✭✭✭biko

• Registered Users Posts: 6,042 ✭✭✭Mister Vain

• Registered Users Posts: 4,707 ✭✭✭Bobblehats

Thanks. I forgot about the US using fructose instead of glucose or sucrose. Eating fruit is still ok?
    I know some tomatoes who have some very strong views on that subject.

I know some tomatoes who have some very strong views on that subject.

Had an argument with a US food scientist whether tomato was a fruit or veg. Reminded her that Reagan administration put tomato sauce as one of the five.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,806 ✭✭✭sporina

sugar is addictive like a lot of meds.. the more you take, the more you need (to get the same effect)

• Advertisement

Had an argument with a US food scientist whether tomato was a fruit or veg. Reminded her that Reagan administration put tomato sauce as one of the five.
    Five a day ? Five slices of pizza :pac:

pfEnXNT.png

Advertisement