Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

JRPG general discussion

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,887 ✭✭✭megaten

It's meant to be absolutely dire.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 50,945 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

It was only free for less than 30 minutes apparently and has been pulled from the store.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,733 ✭✭✭Doodah7

Trails to Azure or Ao no Kiseki fan translation from Geofront releases on Saturday for anyone interested.

https://www.gematsu.com/2021/05/the-legend-of-heroes-ao-no-kiseki-pc-fan-translation-mod-launches-may-22

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 50,945 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

Doodah7 wrote: »
    Trails from Azure or Ao no Kiseki fan translation from Geofront releases on Saturday for anyone interested.

https://www.gematsu.com/2021/05/the-legend-of-heroes-ao-no-kiseki-pc-fan-translation-mod-launches-may-22

Fuck yeah!

On the Final Chapter of Live a Live. Really enjoying how each chapter is an experimental take on the RPG formula. The only bad one so far was the mecha one. Even the traditional JRPG chapter threw a lot of spanners in the works in terms of story.

The final chapter is a bit more traditional. Got a few optional dungeons to complete before the final boss.

• Advertisement

Eh.... Team ninja are working on a final fantasy spin off?

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,086 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Doodah7 wrote: »
    Trails to Azure or Ao no Kiseki fan translation from Geofront releases on Saturday for anyone interested.

I can't remember if that was the one I got last year or not but I could not get the game to install for some reason.

I can't remember if that was the one I got last year or not but I could not get the game to install for some reason.

That was Zero no Kiseki.

I actually just bought it off the DLsite and installed the patch and it works perfectly.

Going to try Ao no kiseki when it downloads. The speeds are criminal but I think it's just in demand.

Retr0gamer wrote: »
    That was Zero no Kiseki.

I actually just bought it off the DLsite and installed the patch and it works perfectly.

Going to try Ao no kiseki when it downloads. The speeds are criminal but I think it's just in demand.

That BGsetup rar file took me nearly two days when I downloaded it back in February from the Joyoland site so it's not just demand!!

I got it from archive.org. the other link flat out didn't work.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,019 ✭✭✭Touch Fuzzy Get Dizzy

Saw an interesting post on Persona Central's Facebook

I've a good feeling about this...
    [Update] The "New School RPG" is Monark. A teaser site has launched w/ the MegaTen series staff revealed:

- Kazunari Suzuki (SMT writer)
    - Aya Ni****ani (DDS & SMT series writer)
    - Tsukasa Masuko (MegaTen composer)
    - Ryotaro Ito (DDS & SMT series writer)

https://personacentral.com/new-school-rpg-former-smt-staff/

• Registered Users Posts: 5,019 ✭✭✭Touch Fuzzy Get Dizzy

More info on this, the school is called ...
    Shin Mikado, I can't

• Registered Users Posts: 7,550 ✭✭✭sniper_samurai

Four Legends of Heroes games confirmed to be getting trsnslations via Epic Games Store over the next 2 years.

https://twitter.com/Hansuke21/status/1407988317149356032?s=19

Epic Games Store :rolleyes:

I'll buy them anyway, I just hate using that store.

Still great to see them getting released, I'd say NISA paid for the Geofront translations.

Apparently those release dates will be simultaneous with consoles.

2023 is a long way off for Reverie, we are always so far behind japan but can't be helped when these games are massive feats of localisation.

Reverie is pretty much Crossbell 3 so getting the first two crossbell games is great.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,095 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

Yeah, good to see them getting a proper store release, even if it is the worst store. Working my way through Cold Steel 4 at the moment, and haven't played Zero or Azure yet, but probably will at some point.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,804 ✭✭✭skerry

Picked up SMT IV the other day, its my first mainline SMT game. Still eeking my way through the first dungeon but enjoying it so far. Hard enough and regular saving is essential. Soundtrack is great too.

skerry wrote: »
    Picked up SMT IV the other day, its my first mainline SMT game. Still eeking my way through the first dungeon but enjoying it so far. Hard enough and regular saving is essential. Soundtrack is great too.

The soundtrack is insane. Wait until the game opens up. It has the best map theme of all time... But also rpgs most confusing map of all time.

All I'll say is that the first two bosses are baptisms of fire. I'd focus on learning buff and debuffs spells as they are essential. The game get significantly easier after them so stick with it and always be fusing!

The soundtrack is insane. Wait until the game opens up. It has the best map theme of all time... But also rpgs most confusing map of all time.

All I'll say is that the first two bosses are baptisms of fire. I'd focus on learning buff and debuffs spells as they are essential. The game get significantly easier after them so stick with it and always be fusing!

Havent heard great things about the map. I'm concentrating on recruiting as many demons in the first dungeon as I can and fusing so I'll have options. Not sure what are good skills and what aren't but I'll find that out as I go. Havent hit a boss yet but I'm sure I'll know all about it when I do.

Funny how much is borrowed between SMT games. I'm seeing familiar animations and hearing similar music in things like level up screens that I recognise from Persona.

skerry wrote: »
    Havent heard great things about the map. I'm concentrating on recruiting as many demons in the first dungeon as I can and fusing so I'll have options. Not sure what are good skills and what aren't but I'll find that out as I go. Havent hit a boss yet but I'm sure I'll know all about it when I do.

Funny how much is borrowed between SMT games. I'm seeing familiar animations and hearing similar music in things like level up screens that I recognise from Persona.

Persona started off as a spin off of SMT, iirc the base version of 4 was the last one to use the SMT branding.

The map is grand until the late game and it's hard to find your way to places you need to go. At least the music is great.

Buffs and debuffs are the most important with agility being the most op. You can kind of build the mc up to be overpowered having one of every element and powerful buff debuff skills which kills the challenge but I still think it's one of the best rpgs I played in the last 15 years.

• Advertisement

The map is grand until the late game and it's hard to find your way to places you need to go. At least the music is great.

Buffs and debuffs are the most important with agility being the most op. You can kind of build the mc up to be overpowered having one of every element and powerful buff debuff skills which kills the challenge but I still think it's one of the best rpgs I played in the last 15 years.

Yeah I'm not sure what I'm at when leveling up but I've been pretty much ignoring strength and concentrating on magic and agility so hopefully that works out into a viable build. Gonna try recruit the rest of the demons in the first few levels of first dungeon and get decent variety of magic and see how I fare with a boss then. If difficulty is anything like Strange Journey though I'm expecting to be stopped in my tracks pretty quickly once I hit that boss.

So it's been confirmed that nisa have partnered with geo front for the azure and zero trails of releases

So it's been confirmed that nisa have partnered with geo front for the azure and zero trails of releases

Makes total sense. No point re-re-translating the text to end up with pretty much the same game. They have also confirmed that Hajimari will also be coming west!

That means all 10 currently available Legend of Heroes games will be translated. No word on Kuro but that is yet to be released in Japan anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,735 ✭✭✭Mr Crispy

Four Legends of Heroes games confirmed to be getting trsnslations via Epic Games Store over the next 2 years.

https://twitter.com/Hansuke21/status/1407988317149356032?s=19

They're coming to Steam too (and GOG as well, supposedly).

The Legend of Heroes: Trails from Zero
    The Legend of Heroes: Trails to Azure
    The Legend of Nayuta: Boundless Trails
    The Legend of Heroes: Trails into Reverie

• Registered Users Posts: 26,311 ✭✭✭✭noodler

Mr Crispy wrote: »

Jesus I'm struggling ok Cold Steel 2 .…..it's a daunting amount of content and tbh with 2 using so many of the same locations, systems etc it just feels like I'm still playing one.

This just popped up on my steam: https://store.steampowered.com/app/1175830/Legend_of_Mana/

Any thoughts? The original any use?

It's one of the most beautiful looking and sounding games of all time.

But it's also a kawazu joint so I never fully understood it and bounced off it hard. Hard game to understand but I'm willing to give it another go and see if it clicks this time. I've start to appreciate kawazus games. They added a lot of QOL features saga frontier so hoping it's the same here.

Speaking of mana games and bad world maps.

I'm at the end game of secret of mana and my god the world map is worse than smt4.

At least like smt4 the music is great.

This sold out very quickly. Only went on sale on Friday. Anyone else order it?

https://twitter.com/bitmap_books/status/1410127930995400707?s=19

• Advertisement

I was planning on buying it at the end of the month. I thought it wouldn't be totally sold out.

I'll have to pony up for a October copy.

Advertisement