Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Kilkenny GAA Thread

• 25-06-2021 7:45pm
    Moderators, Category Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,020 CMod ✭✭✭✭

As there have been a few changes to the GAA Forum Charter recently, it might be an idea to give it a quick read.

Old Thread below.

https://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2057876650

Threadban List Update

Rosita - Permanent
    Post edited by ShamoBuc on

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 91 ✭✭briancoolcat

I think we showed in the league match how to beat Wexford. Keep plenty of men behind the ball on their attacks. Let them take the ball in to contact when we have lots of defenders, play breaks down then we attact them up the wings with fast ball. Wexford love runners off the ball and quick passes in to space. Crowd our defence and hit them quick like we did in the first half of the league game especially. Yes they will score long range points but will have plenty of wides too. If their running game is frustrated we will beat them. Midfield pairing of Leahy and Reid will do for me. Good men to track back and defend and then to launch quick attacks. Codys team for Saturday. Murphy, deegan, lawlor, walsh, Browne walsh, Corcoran, Reid, Leahy, keoghan, Walter, Donnelly, Bergin, Tj, Ryan. Not sure of injuries but Cody won't stray too far from the team that started the league game.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,205 ✭✭✭JJs Left Hand

Can't see him leaving Mullen and Cody off with Bergin starting unless they're injured? Mullen definitely starts if fit

• Registered Users Posts: 2,701 ✭✭✭brookville

Looking at the weekends matches it looks like teams were paying different attention to the league than others.Laois were very poor but still got a healthy score.Its a huge game for us and it's hard to call.Id say the team that started against clare won't be far from this weekend but donnelly should be back. Tactically this will be intriguing.Have we really learned how to play against this running game?Will we give up puckouts like teams are doing now?have we learned from the clare game?puckouts,delivery's etc?
    Mullens injury the last day was more of a precaution.Leahy and Richie Reid probably be midfield.Hopefully we get it spot on this weekend but I'd be worried bout our defence.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,197 ✭✭✭Village87

This game is absolutely massive. KK or Wexford will not come out the back door route. Possibly Davys last tilt at a Leinster with Wexford or Brian Cody's with Kilkenny. I would have Cody and Mullen ahead of Bergin every day of the week.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,943 ✭✭✭Billy Ocean

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,837 ✭✭✭blackcard

I think we showed in the league match how to beat Wexford. Keep plenty of men behind the ball on their attacks. Let them take the ball in to contact when we have lots of defenders, play breaks down then we attact them up the wings with fast ball. Wexford love runners off the ball and quick passes in to space. Crowd our defence and hit them quick like we did in the first half of the league game especially. Yes they will score long range points but will have plenty of wides too. If their running game is frustrated we will beat them. Midfield pairing of Leahy and Reid will do for me. Good men to track back and defend and then to launch quick attacks. Codys team for Saturday. Murphy, deegan, lawlor, walsh, Browne walsh, Corcoran, Reid, Leahy, keoghan, Walter, Donnelly, Bergin, Tj, Ryan. Not sure of injuries but Cody won't stray too far from the team that started the league game.

Can't see Wally being involved. Mullen and Cody would be ahead of him

• Registered Users Posts: 625 ✭✭✭Fred Daly

• Registered Users Posts: 625 ✭✭✭Fred Daly

Shame on the St lachtains supporter saturday night in Freshford he brought ignorance to a new level.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,654 ✭✭✭kksaints

Fred Daly wrote: »
    Shame on the St lachtains supporter saturday night in Freshford he brought ignorance to a new level.

Huh? What's this about?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,943 ✭✭✭Billy Ocean

Fred Daly wrote: »
    Will it be online sale of tickets.
    no idea, announcement tomorrow on the tickets I think was mentioned today.

• Advertisement

Tickets surely only going through clubs. That's the way it should be anyway.

What's the Freshford thing about?

• Registered Users Posts: 251 ✭✭therealdonster

Any update on tickets?

• Registered Users Posts: 389 ✭✭Alonzo Moseley

Any update on tickets?

I wonder if today's announcements end the 8k proposal?

Also, the 2020 Leinster Minor Final versus Offaly has been brought forward to 12 noon on Sat in Portlaoise.
    With no cameras now in Portlaoise on Sat, I fear live coverage access to this match is now looking unlikely.
    GAAGO doesn't have it (as yet) on their list for this week.

Kilkenny GAA are streaming it according to their website

https://kilkennygaa.ie/2021/06/upcoming-fixtures-8/

• Registered Users Posts: 2,663 ✭✭✭Grats

Kilkenny GAA are streaming it according to their website

https://kilkennygaa.ie/2021/06/upcoming-fixtures-8/

Presume they'll still stream it at the new throw in time of 12 moon?

• Registered Users Posts: 389 ✭✭Alonzo Moseley

That's great.
    TBH I am looking forward to it more than the senior.
    The winner goes straight to AI final the following weekend
    AI semi between Galway and Limerick is on TG4 on Friday night.

Galway yet again look very strong, seven of 2019 minors that won the AI trouncing all comers, starting.
    Including four of the starting forwards.

• Registered Users Posts: 171 ✭✭laneykin

Is the match being shown on tv this weekend?

• Registered Users Posts: 251 ✭✭therealdonster

laneykin wrote: »
    Is the match being shown on tv this weekend?

The senior game is on Sky Sports.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,373 ✭✭✭Comerman

The senior game is on Sky Sports.

Fkuc sake

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 171 ✭✭laneykin

Comerman wrote: »
    Fkuc sake

My sentiments exactly!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,373 ✭✭✭Comerman

laneykin wrote: »
    My sentiments exactly!