Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Amazon Prime Day 2021 - Monday 21st & Tuesday 22nd June

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,178 ✭✭✭killbillvol2

Picked up a new Kindle from Amazon Germany which shipped from the UK. Bought a couple of other things that were in my basket anyway. The price messing saved me from any impulse sh1te.

This laptop that I bought from the warehouse for <£300 was supposed to be in acceptable condition but arrived today and the box had never been opened and everything was still wrapped an in perfect condition. I'm a happy customer.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,510 ✭✭✭Wheety

Wheety wrote: »
    Bought a few things in the warehouse sale. I think that's where you find some bargains in these sales. Usually 'Like New' or 'Very Good' condition. Already slightly reduced and then an extra 30% off. Couple of items were below £20 too so with the VAT saving it was a good reduction.

I didn't actually work out the discount, I just know I got some cheap things. Something that was £16 was nearly half price.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,304 ✭✭✭✭Skerries

• Registered Users Posts: 1,022 ✭✭✭bfa1509

Soarer wrote: »
    Mrs. S first thing this morning.

"Are those tablets still on sale. I think you're right, we should replace the youngest's one!".

God help me...
    My Mrs said the exact same thing this morning!!!!!!!

And to make matters worse, unbeknownst to me, my daughter dropped her tablet last night and smashes the screen.

Fml
    Mr S and Mr D sound like they are under the thumb a little bit :P

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 5,446 Mod ✭✭✭✭spockety

For anyone who ordered the Samsung Ear Buds and are looking to use the Cash Back deal.. I just got notification from Amazon that they will arrive on AUGUST 13th. That is only about 5 days before the 60 limit on claiming the cash back kicks in.

Tight.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,268 ✭✭✭✭dulpit

bfa1509 wrote: »
    Mr S and Mr D sound like they are under the thumb a little bit :P

bfa sounds like they're not married... :pac:

Re. prime day - very disappointing here. Not a penny spent.

• Registered Users Posts: 243 ✭✭Smurts

spockety wrote: »
    For anyone who ordered the Samsung Ear Buds and are looking to use the Cash Back deal.. I just got notification from Amazon that they will arrive on AUGUST 13th. That is only about 5 days before the 60 limit on claiming the cash back kicks in.

Tight.

Yikes. I bought the white ones which were noted as ‘in stock’ but are now saying ‘delivery date pending’

• Registered Users Posts: 1,213 ✭✭✭pm1977x

Tight.

I would hope if delivery were to drift, proof of purchase date would allow an extension from Samsung, will be checking this out early August if they haven't arrived yet.

• Registered Users Posts: 19 Cobretti

2 items purchased. Total just over £500. Item that is around £10 was dispatched and second one, more expensive, is still not dispatched.
    Checked bank statament and looks like no money was taken from account. Is this because second item was not dispatched?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,022 ✭✭✭bfa1509

This laptop that I bought from the warehouse for <£300 was supposed to be in acceptable condition but arrived today and the box had never been opened and everything was still wrapped an in perfect condition. I'm a happy customer.

**Turns on laptop**

IO8zKyu.png

• Registered Users Posts: 1,078 ✭✭✭db

db wrote: »
    I bought a Kindle and cover yesterday. I went back to check again today and I found that the price at checkout was about £12. Checking the calculations, the promotion applied today was £19.99 and yesterday it was £8.33.

I got on to customer service and explained they error to them. I will be getting a refund after the items have been delivered.

Kindle arrived today, got on to chat, explained the situation, passed to another rep, refund processed. Can't complain about the customer service.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,790 ✭✭✭Linoge

Yisser all famous lads

Am I ok to post this all in? Thats this thread right?

https://ivorycoast.bpositivenow.com/amazon-apologizes-for-the-mistake-made-to-irish-customers/

Amazon has apologized to customers based in the Republic of Ireland after they were significantly overcharged across multiple product lines for what were supposed to be the first two days of widely advertised discounts on the site.

For weeks, the online retail giant has been touting Prime Day – a two-day window billed as the equivalent of the summer’s Black Friday/Cyber ​​Monday weekend in the run-up to Christmas.

Amazon said it’s offering millions of deals across all categories at discounts of up to 50 percent.

However, it has proven impossible to get the ‘deals’ for some customers in the Republic who have been required to pay both UK and Ireland taxes on items, with some costing on Prime Day more than a normal day, as no discounts apply. .

A shopper in the Republic tried a pair of Samsung headphones at £89, which Amazon said was a 44 per cent discount.

However, upon check out he was asked to pay £117.42.

Watch another client Fire Stick, which allows people to stream content to their TVs, announced at £39.99, which is the price that includes shipping.

However, this customer said “taxes and fees are added to the UK net price (including UK VAT) and then the discount applied”.

This brought the price up to £57.24 at checkout.

A third potential customer noticed the Echo Bud priced at £49.99, but it jumped to £72.99 at checkout while the £149 Ring Alarm actually costs £202 at checkout.

This customer said “Everything over £19 is heavily percentage coded for Irish delivery.”

An Amazon spokeswoman told The Irish Times that there was an issue with pricing for Irish customers and said the company was working to address this urgently,

“We are aware of an issue where some customers may not receive the full value of the Prime Day deal on certain limited items at checkout, if a delivery address outside the UK is specified,” she said.

“We apologize for any inconvenience and are actively working to resolve the situation as quickly as possible. We will contact any affected customers to ensure they receive a full discount.”

Since the start of the year, Irish shoppers using UK-based websites – including amazon.co.uk – have faced an increasing number of hurdles and higher fees.

When the United Kingdom left the European Union just before midnight on New Year’s Eve, it suddenly became what’s known in business circles as a “third country”, meaning many of the countless millions of products traveling to Ireland from its giant British warehouses. He became responsible for a slew of new taxes and fees.

These can add up to 40 percent to the cost of some products, while making delivery delays inevitable and greatly increasing the amount of red tape that companies like Amazon have to contend with.

The problem has not stopped Irish shoppers from using UK sites and Amazon remains among the most popular with hundreds of millions of euros spent on the site by Irish consumers each year.

• Registered Users Posts: 325 ✭✭Daisy03

db wrote: »
    Kindle arrived today, got on to chat, explained the situation, passed to another rep, refund processed. Can't complain about the customer service.

I chatted to 4 different CS reps..they just kept leaving the chat and repeating the same thing over and over. I explained the VAT issue and gave calculations and they still didnt get it. They kept telling me the sales price is exclusive of UK VAT. Not happy with their customer service at all.

I wil wait a few weeks and see if there is a refund and if not contact them again.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,393 ✭✭✭✭TheDriver

Daisy03 wrote: »
    I chatted to 4 different CS reps..they just kept leaving the chat and repeating the same thing over and over. I explained the VAT issue and gave calculations and they still didnt get it. They kept telling me the sales price is exclusive of UK VAT. Not happy with their customer service at all.

I wil wait a few weeks and see if there is a refund and if not contact them again.

I found that asking for an email address to submit a complaint and explaining that you don't want to waste time in the agent trying to solve it again tends to get their ears listening quite quickly.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,696 ✭✭✭honda boi

Echo dot arrived today.
    Ordered Tuesday evening.
    At least Amazon still have a good delivery service

• Registered Users Posts: 10,010 ✭✭✭✭Caranica

Yeah, I've a load of small bits showing as delivery tomorrow but I know they'll arrive today as they've reached the final delivery centre. All from Tuesday as I didn't buy anything other than the Kindle on Monday (and that arrived yesterday).

• Registered Users Posts: 178 ✭✭sharpish

honda boi wrote: »
    Echo dot arrived today.
    Ordered Tuesday evening.
    At least Amazon still have a good delivery service

Maybe they didn't get as many orders due to the issues with pricing.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,200 ✭✭✭hots

Smurts wrote: »
    Yikes. I bought the white ones which were noted as ‘in stock’ but are now saying ‘delivery date pending’

Same here, not looking forward to the innevitable fight over this one

Tight.

Just got notification too - estimated delivery date 14th August... very tight. I was also planning on cancelling prime at the end of this month - not sure if this will effect the delivery or the price I bought them at.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12 jeti24

Daisy03 wrote: »

I wouldn't be expecting any refunds to be coming through. I confirmed the value declared by Amazon for customs purposes with An Post on 4 of my orders and they're telling them that the value is the full price, not the after promo value. As far as An Post and customs are concerned you purchased from Amazon at full price and you are paying the VAT & customs fees accordingly.

• Registered Users Posts: 12 jeti24

If anyone is looking to make a formal complaint by email, after much wrangling I managed to get this off Amazon CS:

"Alternatively, you could send your letter, as an attachment to an e-mail, to the following e-mail address:
    customer-attachment-requests@amazon.co.uk

Please note we do request that all emails be sent from the email address associated with your Amazon account."

• Registered Users Posts: 13,365 ✭✭✭✭McMurphy

First prime day(s) I didn't order anything, due to a mix of not actually needing anything they had on offer, being underwhelmed by most of the deals, and the funk up on Vat, surely there's a case for an Ireland only prime event now, with only Irish addresses being eligible for shipping?

Good will gesture from Amazon, and a chance to recover what surely has to have been a chunk of lost business?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,077 ✭✭✭cfeeneyinterior

Tight.

I've been emailed the 16th August. Don't think we will get the cashback unless the actual purchase/dispatch goes through before 7th July. I'll be cancelling I'd say if it goes beyond 7th

• Registered Users Posts: 3,547 ✭✭✭dubrov

McMurphy wrote:
    First prime day(s) I didn't order anything, due to a mix of not actually needing anything they had on offer, being underwhelmed by most of the deals, and the funk up on Vat

Ditto

Smurts wrote: »
    Just got notification too - estimated delivery date 14th August... very tight. I was also planning on cancelling prime at the end of this month - not sure if this will effect the delivery or the price I bought them at.

Also got 14th August

I've been emailed the 16th August. Don't think we will get the cashback unless the actual purchase/dispatch goes through before 7th July. I'll be cancelling I'd say if it goes beyond 7th

The purchase has happened so so long as it's within 60days after that it should be alright?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,359 ✭✭✭davetherave

McMurphy wrote: »
    First prime day(s) I didn't order anything, due to a mix of not actually needing anything they had on offer, being underwhelmed by most of the deals, and the funk up on Vat, surely there's a case for an Ireland only prime event now, with only Irish addresses being eligible for shipping?

Good will gesture from Amazon, and a chance to recover what surely has to have been a chunk of lost business?

Never going to happen. It's Amazon.co.uk, not Amazon.co.uk&ie

It is estimated that there 21 million UK prime members.

Ireland on the other hand, well the 2016 census has a little over 3 million 20-69 year olds. For simplicities sake lets just assume it is the same today. If even a third of those have Prime, that's only 1 million. Amazon UK Retail took in £20 billion last year, they are not going to piss off their core market to appease Paddy.

Best that will happen is refunds of overpayment, and that the lightning deal vat price calculation problem gets sorted out..

• Registered Users Posts: 1,077 ✭✭✭cfeeneyinterior

hots wrote: »
    The purchase has happened so so long as it's within 60days after that it should be alright?

I haven't been charged, no purchase made yet....

• Advertisement

The buds are still showing as 'in stock' so not sure why the delivery date is August

Advertisement