Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Got a confirmed vaccine appointment - Post your age and appointment date

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,274 ✭✭✭alias no.9

spockety wrote: »
    https://twitter.com/chippus_currius/status/1407377086659149824

The replies to this from someone claiming to work in Citywest would seem to confirm what's suspected here, that is they are 100% on 2nd doses this week and not starting up 1st doses until next Monday.

Not sure why the HSE couldn't just release that info, it would reduce a lot of anxiety.

Not sure why the HSE cannot just balance the load across the different centres.

Citywest is a pain in the hole to get to without a car from most places in its catchment for vaccinations. Once you're getting in the car anyway, all of the Dublin centres are almost as convenient and Punchestown is just a little further out the road.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 15,079 Mod ✭✭✭✭AndyBoBandy

alias no.9 wrote: »
    Not sure why the HSE cannot just balance the load across the different centres.

Citywest is a pain in the hole to get to without a car from most places in its catchment for vaccinations. Once you're getting in the car anyway, all of the Dublin centres are almost as convenient and Punchestown is just a little further out the road.

North Dublin based here (39), and would happily drive to any Vaccine centre in Leinster for the jab if it meant clearing some of teh potential backlog that's building at the Helix

• Registered Users Posts: 9,698 ✭✭✭2nd Row Donkey

spockety wrote:
    The replies to this from someone claiming to work in Citywest would seem to confirm what's suspected here, that is they are 100% on 2nd doses this week and not starting up 1st doses until next Monday.

As stated by that person it dose 2 for cohert 60-69 and cohert 4 this week (and presumably part of next week)... Would that not mean that the 55-60 and 50-54 will be due their second jab in the 1 to 2 weeks following on after that too?

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 10,451 Mod ✭✭✭✭humberklog

I got my 1st Pfizer jab on the 15th of May.
    I'm 51.

Got a text today for the 2nd this Sunday.

I could try and make that but for one it'd be awkward work-wise and more importantly I don't feel up to it.
    The first one has only stopped (or lessened) having an adverse affect on me (tiredness and aches).

So I've just texted back for the "not now" option.
    Let's se what happens.

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 5,458 Mod ✭✭✭✭spockety

As stated by that person it dose 2 for cohert 60-69 and cohert 4 this week (and presumably part of next week)... Would that not mean that the 55-60 and 50-54 will be due their second jab in the 1 to 2 weeks following on after that too?

Maybe the 2nd dose responsibility will move to another Dublin MVC for a week and they have decided it's the easiest way to rotate it?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,235 ✭✭✭Boscoirl

Registered on Sat
    Just got a text for an appointment this Sunday.
    Based in North Tipp. Getting the Pfizer jab.
    I am in the second half of my 30s

• Registered Users Posts: 725 ✭✭✭M_Murphy57

21 days no appt. Been referred to the "emergency" team.
    North Dublin, 43.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,325 ✭✭✭Heckler

Got a text today for my 2nd pfizer dose next saturday. 4 weeks and 4 days from the 1st. Cork city, 48.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,761 ✭✭✭Pinch Flat

Got a confirmation on my second moderna for Sunday 27th in City west. 4 weeks and 2 days from first. Bit of a bummer because we'd organised a family reunion down the country to coincide with my 50th birthday.

• Registered Users Posts: 914 ✭✭✭JPup

spockety wrote: »
    https://twitter.com/chippus_currius/status/1407377086659149824

Not sure why the HSE couldn't just release that info, it would reduce a lot of anxiety.

What do they mean 20 days waiting for an appointment in citywest. If they have no appointment yet, why assume they would be assigned to citywest? There are several other vaccination centres around Dublin. If that one is doing 2nd doses this week then chances are some of the others are on 1st timers.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 639 ✭✭✭Pablo Escobar

Received text: 22/6
    Appointment date: 29/6

• Registered Users Posts: 1,351 ✭✭✭Cloudio9

North Dublin based here (39), and would happily drive to any Vaccine centre in Leinster for the jab if it meant clearing some of teh potential backlog that's building at the Helix

They already do that. My first appointment was in helix which I had to reschedule and was then offered aviva.

• Registered Users Posts: 725 ✭✭✭M_Murphy57

Day 22, finally got an appt. Dont know if it was the lad who fixed my eircode or the emergency escalation team or what. But text here. Tomorrow at the helix.

• Registered Users Posts: 322 ✭✭BobbyMalone

Received text: 22/6
    Appointment date: 29/6

I read (possibly here) that registering before the time stated on the website wouldn't help you to get the jab quicker, but apparently not the case? 35 year olds to register tomorrow.

• Registered Users Posts: 658 ✭✭✭MIRMIR82

Age 39
    Got appointment text yesterday, 22nd
    Appointment Saturday 26th
    Nenagh :D

• Registered Users Posts: 13,340 ✭✭✭✭ArmaniJeanss

Dublin 15.
    Jab 1 28th May City West.
    Text yesterday for 2nd Jab City West Sunday 27th June.
    Moderna.

So 30 days between vaccines.

• Registered Users Posts: 108 ✭✭mr c

Dublin
    First Jab tomorrow UCD
    Text received Monday
    Pfizer

Other half applied the same time (Last Sunday) but hasn't received an appointment yet (age 40)

• Registered Users Posts: 639 ✭✭✭Pablo Escobar

I read (possibly here) that registering before the time stated on the website wouldn't help you to get the jab quicker, but apparently not the case? 35 year olds to register tomorrow.

I assumed it would not kick in until tomorrow so I was very surprised to get a text TBH.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,790 ✭✭✭mightyreds

I assumed it would not kick in until tomorrow so I was very surprised to get a text TBH.

I'd say its got to do with how far your MVC are doing, maybe Kilkenny had finished 40 before you registered you got in before the 39s so were selected for the next appointment.

• Registered Users Posts: 977 ✭✭✭revelman

Complete myth IMO. I’ve seen it stated here on numerous occasions but it does not tally with my experience - people I know in Cork, Galway and Dublin.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 124 ✭✭sooty1

Sligo
    1st Jab May 20th Moderna.
    Waiting patiently on my text for 2nd Jab but nothing yet, would have thought I would have received it by now - 34 days later. Know of people who received Moderna same day as me who have got 2nd jab and know of others who are still waiting. All Sligo, very strange.

• Registered Users Posts: 121 ✭✭lisabiscuit

My mother got her second dose of AZ on Monday and my brother (41) is getting his first Moderna jab on Friday. Both Galway Racecourse. I hope they get through the 41, 40s soon up there! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 58 ✭✭4dxc

Got an appointment for the 25th which I couldn`t take due to work outside of the Dublin. So called the hotline and asked to change to anytime next week (after 26th). They said we`ll make a note but it`s different teams...
    Next appointment: 24th -> NEW :(
    Next appointment: 22nd -> NEW :(

So is there no way to get this sorted properly? I mean I want it done asap just this week isn`t possible.
    Is there a limit of how often you can reject?

• Registered Users Posts: 68,317 ✭✭✭✭seamus

The allocation system for jabs will just slot in anyone who is on the waiting list, prioritised based on birthdate.

So if there's a 35 year old in the list and the allocation system finds nobody older to give it to, it'll put them in.

By and large, registering before your date won't get a quicker appointment because there will virtually always be someone older than you in the queue. But in some niche circumstances you can get lucky.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,482 ✭✭✭harr

sooty1 wrote: »
    Sligo
    1st Jab May 20th Moderna.
    Waiting patiently on my text for 2nd Jab but nothing yet, would have thought I would have received it by now - 34 days later. Know of people who received Moderna same day as me who have got 2nd jab and know of others who are still waiting. All Sligo, very strange.

Same in a lot of places , know people who have got second after 3 weeks and some currently over 32 days some in same household who got first vaccine at same day and time . I even know one individual who called after two weeks for second which was cancelled after he rang the helpline.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,113 ✭✭✭✭iamwhoiam

seamus wrote: »
    The allocation system for jabs will just slot in anyone who is on the waiting list, prioritised based on birthdate.

So if there's a 35 year old in the list and the allocation system finds nobody older to give it to, it'll put them in.

By and large, registering before your date won't get a quicker appointment because there will virtually always be someone older than you in the queue. But in some niche circumstances you can get lucky.

So how do you account for people posting that they have younger friends and family getting appointments before them in the same MVC ?

• Registered Users Posts: 977 ✭✭✭revelman

This does not tally with my experience. I know a 40 year old and a 45 year old in Cork who both registered on 2nd June. Both were called on the same day last week. Yet, there are people in the ages in between who are still waiting to be called.

I think posters have been assuming there is an age-based allocation of appointments but I suspect it is far more random.

I know a 41yr old whose mvc is or should be the Aviva who hasn't got an appointment yet but his other half got her jab over a week ago same age..
    Go figure

• Registered Users Posts: 13,713 ✭✭✭✭josip

Not true in my experience.
    My wife who is the same age, registered 1 day before me.
    I was a good boy and waited until the 'correct' day.
    Her appointment was 20 minutes after mine, at the same MVC.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,671 ✭✭✭PhoenixParker

revelman wrote: »
    This does not tally with my experience. I know a 40 year old and a 45 year old in Cork who both registered on 2nd June. Both were called on the same day last week. Yet, there are people in the ages in between who are still waiting to be called.

I think posters have been assuming there is an age-based allocation of appointments but I suspect it is far more random.

My guess is that it's mostly age based, ie they take say the Aviva and assign a big chunk of people there starting at the oldest and working to the youngest. That process can be tweaked a little to target geographic areas or force people to a centre a little further away to clear backlogs.

but

they fill in cancellations with random selection from anyone registered.
    So every so often some lucky youngling gets an appointment well ahead of the curve.

For most people registering early makes no difference but there's a lucky few who win the lotto.

Advertisement