Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

PlayStation Bargains mk2 (**NO CHAT** Mod edit in post #1).

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 13,847 ✭✭✭✭Potential-Monke

I'm not sure if it's a placeholder or it's right, but the GameStop website is showing a 1Tb Pro will get €250 trade credit. Compared to CEX who will give €138 credit for the same thing... Surely not right? I'd be tempted to bring mine in on Monday when getting the Controller and putting it towards a Series X... Seems like really good value.

Edit: It has the same console underneath but with a trade price of €200. Still not bad mind.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,546 ✭✭✭sniper_samurai

I'm not sure if it's a placeholder or it's right, but the GameStop website is showing a 1Tb Pro will get €250 trade credit. Compared to CEX who will give €138 credit for the same thing... Surely not right? I'd be tempted to bring mine in on Monday when getting the Controller and putting it towards a Series X... Seems like really good value.

Edit: It has the same console underneath but with a trade price of €200. Still not bad mind.

Would be about right. They're doing a deal where you get a Pulse headset, a dualsense, a dualsense charger and Ratchet and Clank for €50 when you trade in a PS4 Pro and they all vost about €280 separately.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,591 ✭✭✭JimBurnley

Tallaght got loads of the black dualsense into stock today, around 30. Only 4 red

Red out of stock in Tallaght now. Plenty of black ones, cost me 3quid, great deal

• Registered Users Posts: 4,364 ✭✭✭madmoe

JimBurnley wrote: »
    Red out of stock in Tallaght now. Plenty of black ones, cost me 3quid, great deal

Just been to GameStop on Liffey street, nothing left at all of either color :-( I was coming into town anyhow so biggie.

• Registered Users Posts: 662 ✭✭✭shawki

Pay €17 to upgrade to level 3. You will get 10% bonus on trade in and a €10 euro once off trade in bonus to use on another day.

There is also a 25% bonus against preorders.

https://www.gamestop.ie/Loyalty-Program

• Advertisement

Oh I has that already, not far off Epic and I didn't pay for any upgrade, so they get a good bit of custom from me. I'll ask the price tomorrow when I'm in.

Oh I has that already, not far off Epic and I didn't pay for any upgrade, so they get a good bit of custom from me. I'll ask the price tomorrow when I'm in.

Got a call yesterday from Stephen's Green saying they had a cancellation for a red pad and got one held for me. Went in today and got it for €4 with my epic card after trading my white pad in.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,591 ✭✭✭JimBurnley

Amazon have a prime sale today and tomorrow (just got a free trial of prime for myself). Some PS gaming deals :
    Cyberpunk £24
    WD Legion £22
    Lego Marvel Collection £20
    Werewolf Apocalypse £19
    Little Nightmares 2 £19
    Doom 3 Vr £12

• Registered Users Posts: 4,391 ✭✭✭jj880

dualsense + charge station for £65 if you have Amazon Prime (maybe an extra £1 or £2 for Irish VAT - I'm not sure I dont have Prime)

https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B0953X93WC?smid=A3P5ROKL5A1OLE

13 hours left on this deal

• Registered Users Posts: 27,882 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

Dualsense and Demon Souls from Amazon.de for €80.

https://www.amazon.de/-/en/dp/B0979L8L42/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_awdb_imm_MW3TV3CAQ1N5XWK3BJ6M

You can get Miles Morales either. Probably a small postage fee as well.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,404 ✭✭✭✭dulpit

jj880 wrote: »
    dualsense + charge station for £65 if you have Amazon Prime (maybe an extra £1 or £2 for Irish VAT - I'm not sure I dont have Prime)

https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B0953X93WC?smid=A3P5ROKL5A1OLE

13 hours left on this deal

£67.04 with Irish VAT

• Registered Users Posts: 5,553 ✭✭✭murphyebass

@ mods, just a suggestion.

With the split in PS4 and PS5 player base would there be any chance we could have a separate thread for each here?

PS4 bargains
    PS5 bargains

I haven’t and won’t be upgrading to a PS5 any time soon so it’s a waste of time seeing 10 “bargains” about the new dual sense controller for PS5.

Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 662 ✭✭✭shawki

I was clearing out a wardrobe and found some PS2 games. I checked CEX and all my mine are duds in €0.00-€2.00 range but I saw some crazy prices.

A possible "bargain" for people who might have these games lying around.

Harry Potter & The Philosopher's Stone PS2 €48 Cash, €57 Voucher
    https://ie.webuy.com/product-detail/?id=5030930034603&categoryName=playstation2-software&superCatName=gaming&title=harry-potter-the-philosopher%27s-stone

Not quite as good but Simpsons Hit and Run PS2 €16 Cash, €23 Voucher.
    https://ie.webuy.com/product-detail/?id=3348542180628&categoryName=playstation2-software&superCatName=gaming&title=simpsons-hit-and-run

• Registered Users Posts: 2,087 ✭✭✭The Raging Bile Duct

With the split in PS4 and PS5 player base would there be any chance we could have a separate thread for each here?

PS4 bargains
    PS5 bargains

I haven’t and won’t be upgrading to a PS5 any time soon so it’s a waste of time seeing 10 “bargains” about the new dual sense controller for PS5.

Thanks

I'd like them kept together. I have a PS5 but happy to pick up bargain PS4 games to play on it. Some things are not going to interest me - I already have 2 Dualsense and the new colours aren't something I'm bothered about - but that's going to happen with any thread giving recommendations.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,553 ✭✭✭murphyebass

I'd like them kept together. I have a PS5 but happy to pick up bargain PS4 games to play on it. Some things are not going to interest me - I already have 2 Dualsense and the new colours aren't something I'm bothered about - but that's going to happen with any thread giving recommendations.

There’d be nothing stopping you from opening the PS4 thread though.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,417 ✭✭✭✭Exclamation Marc

Much like games you're not interested in, just skip past them. Most bargains (outside of the very few PS5 only items such as the Dualsense) are cross platform.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,010 ✭✭✭✭L'prof

Same as that. I’ve picked up more PS4 bargains than PS5 here. I’d keep them together for a while yet

• Registered Users Posts: 10,575 ✭✭✭✭Riesen_Meal

I'm sure PS3 and Vita were lumped in here when the PS4 was only just out, not sure having PS5 stuff is any different, everyone will eventually get one when the time is right....

• Registered Users Posts: 8,382 ✭✭✭petes

Don't think there is too many PS5 bargains yet to have it's own thread :pac:

Still buy both PS5 and PS4 so don't see the harm in having them in one thread.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,349 ✭✭✭GhostyMcGhost

petes wrote: »
    Don't think there is too many PS5 bargains yet to have it's own thread :pac:

Still buy both PS5 and PS4 so don't see the harm in having them in one thread.

Returnal dropped to $50 for prime day in the US, of course it’s dropped on Amazon uk, but it’s still £65

Bargain? Maybe. Cheaper, definitely….. if it was £50 or less I’d bite

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 733 ✭✭✭Mr.Fantastic

Returnal dropped to $50 for prime day in the US, of course it’s dropped on Amazon uk, but it’s still £65

Bargain? Maybe. Cheaper, definitely….. if it was £50 or less I’d bite

was reduced a tiny bit on amazon.de I think down to below 70 anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,391 ✭✭✭jj880

PS4 bargains
    PS5 bargains

Thanks

Whats with the "bargains" in quotes?

Dont like the dual sense controller?

I would like ps4 and ps5 to stay together also.

So popped into GameStop yesterday to get my black DualSense, and with Level 3 it cost 99c. I also traded jn Rift Apart and got Returnal for around €35 so not a bad trade in day at all.

The Pro will get me €220 credit and can be out on my card to use online also, so probably gonna do that soon before the price drops.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,670 ✭✭✭The J Stands for Jay

shawki wrote: »
    I was clearing out a wardrobe and found some PS2 games. I checked CEX and all my mine are duds in €0.00-€2.00 range but I saw some crazy prices.

A possible "bargain" for people who might have these games lying around.

Harry Potter & The Philosopher's Stone PS2 €48 Cash, €57 Voucher
    https://ie.webuy.com/product-detail/?id=5030930034603&categoryName=playstation2-software&superCatName=gaming&title=harry-potter-the-philosopher%27s-stone

Not quite as good but Simpsons Hit and Run PS2 €16 Cash, €23 Voucher.
    https://ie.webuy.com/product-detail/?id=3348542180628&categoryName=playstation2-software&superCatName=gaming&title=simpsons-hit-and-run

I expected my copy of Rez to be worth a few quid, but since it was free on PS plus, I'd say it's near worthless now.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,670 ✭✭✭The J Stands for Jay

Fieldog wrote: »
    I'm sure PS3 and Vita were lumped in here when the PS4 was only just out, not sure having PS5 stuff is any different, everyone will eventually get one when the time is right....

If anyone sees any PS3 bargains, I'm still interested. Actually, anyone know of any PS3 controller bargains?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,965 ✭✭✭jonerkinsella

So popped into GameStop yesterday to get my black DualSense, and with Level 3 it cost 99c. I also traded jn Rift Apart and got Returnal for around €35 so not a bad trade in day at all.

The Pro will get me €220 credit and can be out on my card to use online also, so probably gonna do that soon before the price drops.

Hi. So I'm level 3, The black controller is 99c with that rather than €4.99 without?
    Thanks in advance.

Hi. So I'm level 3, The black controller is 99c with that rather than €4.99 without?
    Thanks in advance.

Base trade value for a Dualsense is €40, you still get your extra 10% trade boost on top of that then it has €25 added for the offer.

Which GameStop was that mate?

Thanks

• Advertisement

Thanks for those. Does anyone know if GameStop are still doing the trade in offer for the PS5 controllers?

Thanks,
    M

Advertisement