Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

PlayStation Bargains mk2 (**NO CHAT** Mod edit in post #1).

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,174 ✭✭✭ItsHoggie

Anyone know when the offer is up? Might trade in my white dualsense for a black one over the weekend

• Registered Users Posts: 7,541 ✭✭✭sniper_samurai

ItsHoggie wrote: »
    Anyone know when the offer is up? Might trade in my white dualsense for a black one over the weekend

I was told end of July. Tried to trade my white pad in earlier, but they were sold oit of red pads.

I was told end of July. Tried to trade my white pad in earlier, but they were sold oit of red pads.

That’s grand so, probably go for the black myself not really a fan of that shade of red.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,721 ✭✭✭lertsnim

Picked up a black and red one. Black one looks better imo. It's a great offer by GameStop. Not often I'd applaud them.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,524 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

lertsnim wrote: »
    Picked up a black and red one. Black one looks better imo. It's a great offer by GameStop. Not often I'd applaud them.

Makes you think what's the logic. Will Sony be super impressed that they sell out of the new consoles straight away and offer them lower prices or first dibs on consoles that become available. I know they'll sell the 2nd hand controllers for a big profit but they're gonna be landed with so many. Maybe they'll sell straight to cex :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,339 ✭✭✭jj880

Fair play to GameStop. They know they screwed up with preordergate. Great offer.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,015 ✭✭✭SMC92Ian

jj880 wrote: »
    Fair play to GameStop. They know they screwed up with preordergate. Great offer.

That's not why they are doing this. They do deals like this all the time, have done for years, I got an X when it came out for €50 and a Pro for €99.

I wanted a red controller but sold out. No idea why anyone would want black, it's so boring especially after years and years of black controllers I'm wired now for something visually stand-outing.

SMC92Ian wrote: »
    That's not why they are doing this. They do deals like this all the time, have done for years, I got an X when it came out for €50 and a Pro for €99.

I wanted a red controller but sold out. No idea why anyone would want black, it's so boring especially after years and years of black controllers I'm wired now for something visually stand-outing.

Fair enough but brand new + just released dualsense trade in for 5 euro? Best Ive seen from them in a long time.

Put it this way after all the hassle they caused people with ps5 preorders I have been avoiding them since. Few more offers like this and I'd be inclined to give them more custom. I think its an outstanding offer.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,311 ✭✭✭rob808

Fair enough but brand new + just released dualsense trade in for 5 euro? Best Ive seen from them in a long time.

Put it this way after all the hassle they caused people with ps5 preorders I have been avoiding them since. Few more offers like this and I'd be inclined to give them more custom. I think its an outstanding offer.
    It good I went in trade in my white dual sense for the midnight black dualsense was expecting to pay €5 then he said €1.I was happy to pay the €5 but only cost me €1 for a brand new dualsense.

I half wonder if that controller deal is serving to replace a load of earlier controllers that were fault prone. I'm hopeful anyway. :D

• Advertisement

Like I said I got an X the week it came out and a PS4 Pro the week that came out for barely any money. Gamestop is always doing crazy trade in deals.

I got my PS5 from them a few months ago. Signed in, added to cart, paid and it arrived 2 days later. Easy.

SMC92Ian wrote: »
    Like I said I got an X the week it came out and a PS4 Pro the week that came out for barely any money. Gamestop is always doing crazy trade in deals.

I got my PS5 from them a few months ago. Signed in, added to cart, paid and it arrived 2 days later. Easy.

I heard you the first time on the X and Pro. I wasnt calling you a liar. I just thought this deal is better.

Your PS5 wasnt a pre-order tho was it?

You are hard work pal.

I heard you the first time on the X and Pro. I wasnt calling you a liar. I just thought this deal is better.

Your PS5 wasnt a pre-order tho was it?

You are hard work pal.

No it wasn't a pre-order. It was in March. No idea what your last remark was about. Cop on.

• Registered Users Posts: 67 ✭✭bonzothebuzz

Anyone know if the black and red controllers are better built or just reskinned versions of the white one?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,219 ✭✭✭Cotts72

Anyone had much success in cork with a red controller? Seemed to have sold out everywhere

• Registered Users Posts: 86 ✭✭rahern

Cotts72 wrote:
    Anyone had much success in cork with a red controller? Seemed to have sold out everywhere

Got 2 in Douglas yesterday and had a few left over at around 5pm yesterday

• Registered Users Posts: 1,164 ✭✭✭Christy Browne

I half wonder if that controller deal is serving to replace a load of earlier controllers that were fault prone. I'm hopeful anyway. :D

Think the reason GameStop's controller deal is so good is that they keep all of the profits on pre-owned sales. Makes sense to give away new one's for a fiver and give Sony their cut, then sell on the one you traded into them for €50/€60 and keep 100%.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,905 ✭✭✭EoinMcLovin

Got the cosmic red controller, ended being 5.99 since I had Level 3 membership

• Registered Users Posts: 8,382 ✭✭✭petes

Think the reason GameStop's controller deal is so good is that they keep all of the profits on pre-owned sales. Makes sense to give away new one's for a fiver and give Sony their cut, then sell on the one you traded into them for €50/€60 and keep 100%.

How much did they buy them from Sony or their suppliers though. They of course are making a profit but not as much as you think.

rahern wrote: »
    Got 2 in Douglas yesterday and had a few left over at around 5pm yesterday

Ya, it was just black ones left when I went in there yesterday.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,478 ✭✭✭brianregan09

Nothing in gamestop parkway and only black left in crescent ��

• Registered Users Posts: 8,905 ✭✭✭EoinMcLovin

Nothing in gamestop parkway and only black left in crescent ��
    I got the last red one in The Crescent :). they had just got a delivery in.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,219 ✭✭✭Cotts72

All cork stores are sold out u til next week again

• Registered Users Posts: 741 ✭✭✭eamondunphy

Tallaght got loads of the black dualsense into stock today, around 30. Only 4 red

• Registered Users Posts: 8,478 ✭✭✭brianregan09

Any idea when there's a restock , the fella in the parkway told me to ring every day haha

Cotts72 wrote: »
    All cork stores are sold out u til next week again

Balls was grab a black one tomorrow

• Registered Users Posts: 579 ✭✭✭puzl

Grabbed a black controller from GameStop on Patrick's street today.

Thanks for the heads up on am excellent deal.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,834 ✭✭✭✭Potential-Monke

I was in GS Crescent yesterday but didn't have my controller, however yer one behind the has put one aside for me to collect Monday when I'm back in. She wasn't going to, but checked stock and had 9 black ones left, but decided to put one aside as they had 30 that morning! I'm looking forward to not seeing how dirty the controller gets!

• Registered Users Posts: 225 ✭✭friend and foe

had 2 white controllers, so traded my launch controller and picked up the black one myself, worked out at 2.99 thanks to gamestop loyalty's bonus trade in credit.. kept the newer of my white controllers as i do still quite like the two tone aesthetic tho.. incredible bargain :)

• Advertisement
Advertisement