Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

PlayStation Bargains mk2 (**NO CHAT** Mod edit in post #1).

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,583 ✭✭✭JimBurnley

madmoe wrote: »
    Thanks for those. Does anyone know if GameStop are still doing the trade in offer for the PS5 controllers?

Thanks,
    M

Looks like it, still advertised on the website. Red ones sold out everywhere tho, black ones available in some stores

• Registered Users Posts: 3,157 ✭✭✭Markitron

Anyone know if there is a cheaper option to get the season pass in AC Valhalla. Price on the store is pretty steep

• Registered Users Posts: 7,516 ✭✭✭sniper_samurai

Markitron wrote: »
    Anyone know if there is a cheaper option to get the season pass in AC Valhalla. Price on the store is pretty steep

Nope, this is how they always get you and Ubisoft are particularly bad for it.

The base game and gold editions are always down in price, the gold usually down to or below the price of the season pass alone, but the season pass won't budge until a good year after release and only once every 3 months or so.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,893 ✭✭✭EoinMcLovin

Nope, this is how they always get you and Ubisoft are particularly bad for it.

The base game and gold editions are always down in price, the gold usually down to or below the price of the season pass alone, but the season pass won't budge until a good year after release and only once every 3 months or so.

I think the season pass was on sale a few weeks ago

• Advertisement

Pretty sure that was the season pass for Odyssey.

Been keeping an eye out and not seen anything

Been keeping an eye out and not seen anything

Was on sale on May 25th

https://psprices.com/region-ie/game/4310345/assassin-s-creed-valhalla-season-pass

• Registered Users Posts: 2,174 ✭✭✭ItsHoggie

Does GameStop need the wire when trading in a Dualsense?

• Registered Users Posts: 10,301 ✭✭✭✭gerrybbadd

ItsHoggie wrote: »

Nope, just the controller

• Advertisement

gerrybbadd wrote: »
    Nope, just the controller

Nice one!

No cable in the box, so no cable required.

Tomorrow’s the last day for the trade in offer If anyone else is doing it. Just off the phone to Patrick’s Street there awhile they’ve a few black ones left.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,819 ✭✭✭✭Potential-Monke

Hi. So I'm level 3, The black controller is 99c with that rather than €4.99 without?
    Thanks in advance.

Yup. I think with Level 2 it's €2.99.
    madmoe wrote: »
    Which GameStop was that mate?

Thanks

Crescent. Lovely girls working there, really nice and helpful.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,364 ✭✭✭madmoe

Tomorrow’s the last day for the trade in offer If anyone else is doing it. Just off the phone to Patrick’s Street there awhile they’ve a few black ones left.

I got one in Liffey street Gamestop this evening. Happy out!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,457 ✭✭✭Niska

Looks like there is a PS5 weekend sale

https://psprices.com/region-ie/discounts/?sort=date

Returnal 59.99

https://store.playstation.com/en-ie/search/returnal

Miles Morales 40.19 or special edition 59.99, Demons Souls 59.99

Nioh remastered collection, sackboy and Destruction Allstars reduced as well.

It is strange reporting 59.99 as a bargain...

Niska wrote: »
    Looks like there is a PS5 weekend sale

https://psprices.com/region-ie/discounts/?sort=date

Returnal 59.99

https://store.playstation.com/en-ie/search/returnal

Miles Morales 40.19 or special edition 59.99, Demons Souls 59.99

Nioh remastered collection, sackboy and Destruction Allstars reduced as well.

It is strange reporting 59.99 as a bargain...

Yeah if you want to get any decent PS5 digital game prices especially in this Flash sale, you're better off looking at the US PSN store

Yup. I think with Level 2 it's €2.99.

Got mine for €2.99 and I’m only level 1.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,324 ✭✭✭chrislad

Does the Ultimate PS5 version of Miles Morales include the games for the PS4 as well (both of them)

chrislad wrote: »
    Does the Ultimate PS5 version of Miles Morales include the games for the PS4 as well (both of them)

It includes Spiderman Remastered, which is a PS5 version of the last game with all the dlc and a new character model for Peter.

• Advertisement

It includes Spiderman Remastered, which is a PS5 version of the last game with all the dlc and a new character model for Peter.

Thanks - so it doesn't give access to the PS4 version of Spider-Man, just the PS5 Remastered version?

Edit: Just checked and answered my own question - disappointing. I'll likely get a PS5 when I can - I'll just wait to buy Ultimate Miles Morales as it's going to get cheaper! I've already played Spider-Man on the PS4, but my son wants to play it, and his disc drive is broken, so a digital copy would have been handy.

Thanks - so it doesn't give access to the PS4 version of Spider-Man, just the PS5 Remastered version?

Edit: Just checked and answered my own question - disappointing. I'll likely get a PS5 when I can - I'll just wait to buy Ultimate Miles Morales as it's going to get cheaper! I've already played Spider-Man on the PS4, but my son wants to play it, and his disc drive is broken, so a digital copy would have been handy.

Surprised he can still play digital games, they usually can't be played on a PS4 that the disc drive has failed on due to Sony part pairing everything like Apple.

If the PS4 doesn't get the pairing handshake from the disc drive it won't play anything.

Surprised he can still play digital games, they usually can't be played on a PS4 that the disc drive has failed on due to Sony part pairing everything like Apple.

If the PS4 doesn't get the pairing handshake from the disc drive it won't play anything.

The drive still “works” per se. You can hear it clicking but it won’t pull in any discs.

The drive still “works” per se. You can hear it clicking but it won’t pull in any discs.

Read error as opposed to drive failure, yeah that would still work as the console is still pairing with the drive.

• Registered Users Posts: 322 ✭✭muddypuppy

It's a huge mess. No idea why Sony has made it this hard. You can get Miles Morales (the regular edition) for ps4 so that you can play it now, but it doesn't include Spiderman: Remastered (which only exist for the ps5, even if it runs on the same engine as Miles Morales). You can then upgrade for free Miles Morales to the ps5 version, and there you can buy the Spiderman Remaster as an in-game DLC.
    The ultimate edition which already includes the Spiderman Remaster is only available for ps5.

EDIT: to add to the disappointment, make sure you buy Miles Morales in Ireland if you want to update to the ultimate edition for Spiderman Remaster. Or you will need to create a PSN account from where you got the game and then buy the update there. It's not even at the EU level, guess who just bought it from Amazon Germany and can't upgrade?

Was just in Smyths and the had Watchdogs Legion gold edition w/ the season pass for €25 on PS5. Seems a decent deal.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,486 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

Was just in Smyths and the had Watchdogs Legion gold edition w/ the season pass for €25 on PS5. Seems a decent deal.

Just looked on their site and showing out of stock online and in every store, not expected in stock again. Same with AC Valhalla Gold edition on PS5 for €40.

Sounds good if a local store manages to have either of these.

Zero-Cool wrote: »
    Just looked on their site and showing out of stock online and in every store, not expected in stock again. Same with AC Valhalla Gold edition on PS5 for €40.

Sounds good if a local store manages to have either of these.

Yea I think maybe you have to go in. This was in Swords and they had a few.

Amazon discount code, below taken from email, not checked all the t&c but worth a try...

Get £10 off £25 - instantly, with code DISCOUNT10P

Offer valid until 13 July on products sold and shipped by Amazon. Limited to the first 5,000 coupons. See conditions.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,083 ✭✭✭The Raging Bile Duct

JimBurnley wrote: »
    Amazon discount code, below taken from email, not checked all the t&c but worth a try...

Get £10 off £25 - instantly, with code DISCOUNT10P

Offer valid until 13 July on products sold and shipped by Amazon. Limited to the first 5,000 coupons. See conditions.

Tried it there with Immortals Fenyx Rising and got the message 'The promotional code you entered cannot be applied to your purchase.'

Advertisement