Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Random Waffle Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,861 ✭✭✭Nokia6230i

Cllr. Wallace motion to invite various NGOs such as United Against Racism, MASI, Rohingya Action Ireland, Le Chéile, Irish Traveler Movvement for Intl. Day of the Elimination of Racial Discrimination > https://carlow-nationalist.ie/2021/05/21/wallaces-motion-prompts-move-to-tackle-racism/?fbclid=IwAR28IVC6X93zqhLBWnBknxlDbsz6I_Zq28kMnTF8IRUcIlX0khMum98NUU0

Nokia6230i wrote: »
    As per KCLR Live 11am News altercation @ a property in New Oak Est. Thursday morning which Gda. attended; subsequently an hour later the house was targeted again by 2 Men with a flammable liquid being involved, damage caused & 1 Individual in/at the property taken to hospital; 2 Arrested; 1's due to appear before Kilkenny District Ct. this morning; 2nd Person was detained last night > https://kclr96fm.com/gardai-appeal-for-witnesses-to-early-yesterday-morning-alleged-assault-in-carlow/?fbclid=IwAR3gZ9HdPzBjoVLKMInGTcWT82x7rXBWxKGp2pYyjq7uwc8-D-jo4Ubg3Lk

That is shocking stuff altogether they tried to burn the guy alive.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,370 ✭✭✭iwillhtfu

I see a car was set alight over in Heather Hill no idea if it was a fault in the car but appeared to be an Audi and haven't heard any reports of them spontaneously combusting. There seems to be an underlying issue over there with drugs and a bad variety living in a house towards the back of the estate. I always thought parking was the biggest issue over there.

• Registered Users Posts: 283 ✭✭Grassy Knoll

Problem with Carlow is too many “developers” threw in speculative money buying up sites about the town. Tide went out, and this is what we are left with. Nearly 30 years ago when I was living there, the town centre was actually in a better place, relatively speaking. A strong council executive is needed to make things move - Carlow town is punching was below its weight.

Most councillors are amadans, only into theatrics and are a handbrake on development. Pay them their money to stay away would be more productive.

A motion will be tabled at Junes monthly Co. Co. meeting to expel Israeli Ambassador & the Cllr. doing so hopes it'll pass & Carlow Co. Co.'ll be the 1st Local Authority to do so.......

Such a motion was roundly defeated at national level just this week....

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,399 ✭✭✭Rosahane

A motion will be tabled at Junes monthly Co. Co. meeting to expel Israeli Ambassador & the Cllr. doing so hopes it'll pass & Carlow Co. Co.'ll be the 1st Local Authority to do so.......

Such a motion was roundly defeated at national level just this week....

Sounds like a counciller attempting to be relevant... let me guess...Wallace?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,620 ✭✭✭votecounts

Rosahane wrote: »

Put the house on it:)

• Registered Users Posts: 329 ✭✭Be well and win

iwillhtfu wrote: »
    I see a car was set alight over in Heather Hill no idea if it was a fault in the car but appeared to be an Audi and haven't heard any reports of them spontaneously combusting. There seems to be an underlying issue over there with drugs and a bad variety living in a house towards the back of the estate. I always thought parking was the biggest issue over there.

another one a couple of weeks ago in an estate up by Supervalu, it seems to be the "new thing" for some of the skangers in the town to try and intimidate people.

Rosahane wrote: »

Same Cllr. brought a George Nkencho motion before council in maybe April or maybe March/February; wasn't even debated; nobody, not one supporter even seconded her motion so not even voted upon.

Mr. Nkencho isn't the poster boy anti-racism campaigners should be running with; with this Israeli Ambassador expulsion motion it smacks of populism & I'd be shocked if it gets a seconder.

• Registered Users Posts: 627 ✭✭✭JaCrispy

Adrienne Wallace.

Is anybody really surprised? PBP. Disgusting small time populist party. God forbid they would ever get even the smallest semblance of power.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,399 ✭✭✭Rosahane

JaCrispy wrote: »
    Adrienne Wallace.

Is anybody really surprised? PBP. Disgusting small time populist party. God forbid they would ever get even the smallest semblance of power.

We should run a competition for the real meaning of PBP which reflects their membership and politics ...I'll set the ball rolling with Puerile Belligerent Parasites!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,593 ✭✭✭tommycahir

Screwfix Carlow is finally opening tomorrow after it having the signs up for about 3 or 4 months at this stage..

Anyone know where I would get a goldfish in Carlow town?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 127 ✭✭JackTC

Anyone know where I would get a goldfish in Carlow town?

Surely Petmania, Davy's pets would have them.

All hail the new Brazilian Grocery Shop/Convenience Store in town....

Braza Groceries, already with a premises in Naas're opening in Unit 2, 12 Dublin St. (the Royal Hotel or just the Royal in old money) on this Saturday the 5th of June from 10am.

https://www.facebook.com/brazagroceries1/

They'd have been better of dragging those clowns around the back of the station and beating the piss out of them. Scumbags never change may aswell make their stay as uncomfortable as possible.

• Registered Users Posts: 60,422 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

The IMC opens on Monday.

Omniplex opens next Friday.

Does anyone know what's being built in the field beside Bolands Peugeot? Seen lads and diggers in there this morning.

All kicked off at/outside of Cafe 500 on Kennedy St. yesterday. Man, 49, arrested and released w/out charge > https://carlow-nationalist.ie/2021/06/11/man-arrested-in-connection-with-fracas-on-kennedy-street/?fbclid=IwAR3c3UnWSH_ROOtaymS-a0mQYUO0BxJvWQoOPiQ8MiAXwV_GhGqUP-3a_uw

Saw a 59 Second Clip taken from across the road; no before/after/context & was too blurry & shaky to take too much from it; owner's a post up saying he was protecting staff/wife & obviously property in any actions he took which is fair enough.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,620 ✭✭✭votecounts

All kicked off at/outside of Cafe 500 on Kennedy St. yesterday. Man, 49, arrested and released w/out charge > https://carlow-nationalist.ie/2021/06/11/man-arrested-in-connection-with-fracas-on-kennedy-street/?fbclid=IwAR3c3UnWSH_ROOtaymS-a0mQYUO0BxJvWQoOPiQ8MiAXwV_GhGqUP-3a_uw

Saw a 59 Second Clip taken from across the road; no before/after/context & was too blurry & shaky to take too much from it; owner's a post up saying he was protecting staff/wife & obviously property in any actions he took which is fair enough.

saw the video myself, rumours was he was refused drink earlier in the town and was drunk when passed by Cafe 500. Have seen the lad previously around the town, total scummer. Should have thrown away the key, why no charges as there was apparently a good few guards called

Lord give me the strength to realise Cllr. Wallace didn't actually win her seat in a lucky bag from the 80s......

Latest thing, ahead of her bringing a motion to council on Monday to call for expulsion of Israeli Ambassador from UK & Ireland, is a Change.org e-Petition which currently has garnered 40 out of a hundred signatures......she wasn't exactly setting the bar high & yet hasn't even reached it.

It's not a particularly popular view despite what she & PBP etc. think; there's a difference between popular & populist.

Have received confirmation from 1 Cllr. that they'll not be supporting it; I expect it to go way of her NKencho motion a few months back & I hope this too won't even secure a seconder as if it does it'll have to be debated & voted upon.

https://www.change.org/p/carlow-councillors-carlow-councillors-vote-to-expel-israeli-ambassador?recruiter=false&utm_source=share_petition&utm_campaign=psf_combo_share_initial&utm_medium=whatsapp&utm_content=washarecopy_29331272_en-GB%3A0&recruited_by_id=65efaeb0-ca16-11eb-b4eb-2b76bb7d6f0a

• Registered Users Posts: 329 ✭✭Be well and win

Does anyone know what's being built in the field beside Bolands Peugeot? Seen lads and diggers in there this morning.

I was wondering that myself, seems to have cleared the entire field for a site to build something, it's more then drainage or anything like that

• Registered Users Posts: 881 ✭✭✭DrZeuss

I was wondering that myself, seems to have cleared the entire field for a site to build something, it's more then drainage or anything like that

There is planning permission for an advanced technology building by the IDA at the front part of the site and I believe there is also planning for a bunch of houses behind it (although that planning goes back a number of years).

While the plans look interesting, I'd question how long it will be vacant without any tenants lined up.

http://www.eplanning.ie/CarlowCC/AppFileRefDetails/19437/0

I heard rumour it's something to do with the IDA and that the current IDA site accross from delta sensory gardens has been sold and is to be developed for housing.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,473 ✭✭✭✭Super-Rush

I've also heard a rumor that the IDA will have a building out at the Royal Oak in Bagenalstown.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,120 ✭✭✭Ms2011

Does anyone know if you can pay the parking in St. Lukes Hospital with a debit card or doe you need change?

Ms2011 wrote: »
    Does anyone know if you can pay the parking in St. Lukes Hospital with a debit card or doe you need change?

I'm fairly sure I've used a debit card before. Some of the machines are older than others I think I used the first one as you enter. I know the one at the middle entrance is a bit more antiquated,

• Registered Users Posts: 3,120 ✭✭✭Ms2011

iwillhtfu wrote: »
    I'm fairly sure I've used a debit card before. Some of the machines are older than others I think I used the first one as you enter. I know the one at the middle entrance is a bit more antiquated,

Thanks, I think I'll risk it, I never seem to have change these days paying everything by card.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,433 ✭✭✭Ivefoundgod

Can pay at all of them with a card now or at least I didn't come across one that didn't take card, was down there about a month ago several times over the course of a weekend and used card each time. Just be aware that the entrance you used to go in through at the car park is closed after 8pm every night and you have to walk around through the main entrance then.

Advertisement