Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

When can we fly to Spain.

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,415 ✭✭✭EagererBeaver

freida wrote: »
    This is from yesterday.

https://twitter.com/philthrill69/status/1404370443465859073?s=20

Keep tweeting the eu re the fine. At least it keeps it in focus as out of sync with the rest of Europe

Hi Gemma.

• Registered Users Posts: 248 ✭✭freida

Hi Gemma.

Thanks. I've reported your post. I was replying to a query as to whether the guards were still at the airport

• Registered Users Posts: 3,002 ✭✭✭colly10

This is from yesterday.

https://twitter.com/philthrill69/status/1404370443465859073?s=20

Keep tweeting the eu re the fine. At least it keeps it in focus as out of sync with the rest of Europe

Was the pic taken recently though?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,361 ✭✭✭davetherave

I was replying to a query as to whether the guards were still at the airport

What does this have to do with whether the guards were still at the airport

• Registered Users Posts: 173 ✭✭DamienDarts

What are the chances of myself and my wife getting to Spain on July 22nd?
    We are fully vaccinated and flights booked.
    I'm worried about getting the digital covid cert,

I read it comes out on July 1st but could take 6 weeks to receive.
    Thanks.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,330 ✭✭✭✭jimmycrackcorm

What are the chances of myself and my wife getting to Spain on July 22nd?
    We are fully vaccinated and flights booked.
    I'm worried about getting the digital covid cert,

I read it comes out on July 1st but could take 6 weeks to receive.
    Thanks.

As per my post just above, my vaccinator told me the Digital Green Certificate will be available from July 17th. But the government has said it is intended to be available and used from the 19th: https://www.citizensinformation.ie/en/travel_and_recreation/travel_abroad/digital_covid_certificate.html

In any case, you should be able to get a PCR test just before you fly if there is an issue or delay.

I see a lot of flights up to and beyond the 19th are being cancelled. Does anyone know if they still sell seats on the cancelled flights. I'm hoping to book tickets for two older people. They don't need the hassle of the flight being cancelled trying to get refunds etc. I can leave it till two weeks before they travel. Will they still sell seats on flights they know aren't going?

• Registered Users Posts: 725 ✭✭✭M_Murphy57

I see a lot of flights up to and beyond the 19th are being cancelled. Does anyone know if they still sell seats on the cancelled flights. I'm hoping to book tickets for two older people. They don't need the hassle of the flight being cancelled trying to get refunds etc. I can leave it till two weeks before they travel. Will they still sell seats on flights they know aren't going?

Where are you seeing the cancellations?

I'm booked to fly to spain and when I was picking my seats ot looked about half full. Just wondering when I should worry.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,054 ✭✭✭TimHorton

So In August 2 fully vaccinated Adults can Travel to Spain with 3 Kids (17 and younger) without any tests either way? Yes or No.

• Registered Users Posts: 217 ✭✭Skippette

TimHorton wrote: »
    So In August 2 fully vaccinated Adults can Travel to Spain with 3 Kids (17 and younger) without any tests either way? Yes or No.

2 vaccinated adults with DCC - so no testing required, though the 3 kids will need Antigen going to Spain for ages 6 and older and kids age 7 and older will need a PCR coming back

• Advertisement

Skippette wrote: »
    2 vaccinated adults with DCC - so no testing required, though the 3 kids will need Antigen going to Spain for ages 6 and older and kids age 7 and older will need a PCR coming back

Spain it's no testing for children under 12 actually.

It's just been updated on the reopen EU.its great news for people with older kids

• Registered Users Posts: 1,134 ✭✭✭BobMc

im hoping it might go live a couple days early, booked for outward sunday 18th :(

M_Murphy57 wrote: »
    Where are you seeing the cancellations?

I'm booked to fly to spain and when I was picking my seats ot looked about half full. Just wondering when I should worry.

Sorry don't mean to worry you. I saw a report in the news about it. And through heresay on here. But some of those flights were as far away as November so perhaps a case of moving everyone to one busy outward flight ?

M_Murphy57 wrote: »
    Spain it's no testing for children under 12 actually.

It's just been updated on the reopen EU.its great news for people with older kids

Yes, you're right. I have age 6 and 7 stuck in my head. Hard to remember these ever changing rules! Doesn't help the fact Ryanair have age 6 stated on their website.

• Registered Users Posts: 8 m21

In regards to travel, when are you deemed "recovered from covid" for example I caught covid in Sept 2020 and I wish to travel in August (11 months between catching covid and traveling) .But I have not fully recovered yet! You are allowed travel if you have recovered from covid less than 9 months ago without needing to test! Therefore do I need to get tests to travel or given that I have not recovered yet mean I don't need testing? And if so how would you prove you have not recovered?

LOL Antigen in Dublin for the way out is €49 (Double Malaga prices) Rip Off Ireland strikes again.

m21 wrote: »
    In regards to travel, when are you deemed "recovered from covid" for example I caught covid in Sept 2020 and I wish to travel in August (11 months between catching covid and traveling) .But I have not fully recovered yet! You are allowed travel if you have recovered from covid less than 9 months ago without needing to test! Therefore do I need to get tests to travel or given that I have not recovered yet mean I don't need testing? And if so how would you prove you have not recovered?

I'd imagine it's very black and white - 180 days from diagnosis so you are out of luck. Whether you personally feel recovered wont come into it.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,103 ✭✭✭Maz2016

Fully vaccinated, thinking of flying to the canaries in august. Would I be mad? A work colleague did his level best to talk me out of it today saying 4.5 hour flight, high risk for circulation of Covid. I’m unsure what to do. It should be ok - should it?

• Registered Users Posts: 81,382 ✭✭✭✭Atlantic Dawn
    M

Maz2016 wrote: »
    Fully vaccinated, thinking of flying to the canaries in august. Would I be mad? A work colleague did his level best to talk me out of it today saying 4.5 hour flight, high risk for circulation of Covid. I’m unsure what to do. It should be ok - should it?

The vaccines work, go.

I see ads on UK TV for Holidays to Disney World in Florida from October 1st, What is the latest on non-essential travel from the EU to US?

• Advertisement

Even Tony H said at yesterdays briefing that vaccinated people should get on with living their lives.

The EU have mandated in law that vaccinated people should not have to quarantine.

Ignore your coworker, they are an idiot who doesnt understand how vaccines work.

You might as well not travel for fear of catching polio or TB.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,176 ✭✭✭Viscount Aggro

You can't travel freely, even having got both vaccine shots. The little card from HSE centre is useless. Anyone could have filled in fake date, batch numbers.

You can't travel freely, even having got both vaccine shots. The little card from HSE centre is useless. Anyone could have filled in fake date, batch numbers.

The eu green cert comes in on 19/07, it's an EU wide, EU recognised QR code that you download. The poster above is talking about travel in August.

Also on other thread posters have reported their HSE vaccination card was accepted as proof of vaccination currently.

At the moment ireland still make vaccinated people quarantine but that doesnt mean you cant travel and quarantine will be gone for anyone using the green cert shortly = travel freely.

• Registered Users Posts: 29 MargeS22

Hi
    Saw on another forum that some schools and creches are requiring that kids do not go to school/creche for 14days after coming back from vacation. Is this true? Due to fly out on 21st August to 28th August. School will probably start on 30th August. We won't be able to go if this will be a requirement from schools. Anyone know if this is true.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,415 ✭✭✭EagererBeaver

MargeS22 wrote: »
    Hi
    Saw on another forum that some schools and creches are requiring that kids do not go to school/creche for 14days after coming back from vacation. Is this true? Due to fly out on 21st August to 28th August. School will probably start on 30th August. We won't be able to go if this will be a requirement from schools. Anyone know if this is true.

Contact the school?

Had this conversation just the other day....why would you go away, it's not safe, what about varients....

Well, people on the airplane are either vaccinated or tested, airline is supposed to be using hepa filters..... there's more chance of me getting it in (insert popular restaurant/bar that was packed last weekend) where we don't know if people are vaccinated or not and they haven't been tested. Sure there's more chance of me getting it there.

Plus 2 weeks abroad, sunshine, eating/drinking outside, beach/pool/sightseeing all outside..... Ireland....well, 4 seasons in one day and 4 times the price

Even better news!!! Looks like the Mask Mandate for outdoors is going. The below is taken from the Guardian:

[I]Spain to drop mask requirement outdoors from next weekend, PM announces

Masks will no longer need to be worn outdoors in Spain from next weeked, the prime minister, Pedro Sánchez, has announced.

“We’re going to hold a special cabinet meeting next Thursday to propose to Spanish society that the wearing of masks outdoors will cease to be compulsory from Saturday 26 June,” he said on Friday morning.

Masks have been compulsory on the streets and in public places since May 2020, although there are exemptions for children under the age of six, people exercising, and those with health conditions that make their use difficult or dangerous.

Sánchez made the announcement two days after saying that the lifting of the restriction was imminent thanks to Spain’s vaccination programme reaching “cruising speed”.[/I]

Had this conversation just the other day....why would you go away, it's not safe, what about varients....

Well, people on the airplane are either vaccinated or tested, airline is supposed to be using hepa filters..... there's more chance of me getting it in (insert popular restaurant/bar that was packed last weekend) where we don't know if people are vaccinated or not and they haven't been tested. Sure there's more chance of me getting it there.

Plus 2 weeks abroad, sunshine, eating/drinking outside, beach/pool/sightseeing all outside..... Ireland....well, 4 seasons in one day and 4 times the price

What did they say to that?
    A lot of people are so thick

• Registered Users Posts: 8,574 ✭✭✭Tenzor07

Been on 21 flights, 7 countries and 4 Greek Islands in the past 10 months...

Not even so much as a common cold in that time..

Negative PCR tests each and every time..

Felt much safer in all those countries... though recently went outdoor dining in Dublin city and felt that if i'm going to get Covid it's here.. Asked for spare change 10 times in around 1 hour by maskless addicts/homeless up close at the table, and the boardwalks on the liffey were worse...

You really are safer abroad and on a plane full of the Vaccinated or Negative PCR'd

• Advertisement

What did they say to that?
    A lot of people are so thick

I got one of those looks. Ya know the look ya get when the person knows they're not going to win this discussion. We'll agree to disagree kind of look, lol

I am conscience of other's feelings and attitudes towards the situation, same lady minds my children along with a number of other kids. So, I am going to keep my kids at home from when I return from holidays until they start school, so that's from the 18th till whenever they go back. It's a good 10 days at least. I wouldn't feel comfortable throwing them back in and don't think it would be fair given their concerns.

Advertisement