Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

When can we fly to Spain.

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 217 ✭✭Skippette

Seems obvious. Reading the front pages of the papers yesterday it seems that an annual jab to update the vax may now also be needed. Will that be a requirement also in the future to travel? Jury still out on whether vaccine types can be mixed and interchanged. Worrying times.

Was poking around the internet yesterday & came across the different curfew regulations and restrictions in different areas/‘counties in Spain - some being fought through the local courts. All Spanish travel is not equal it seems - curfews, restrictions in numbers gathering etc

Did you come across anything about lifting of wearing masks outdoors?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,415 ✭✭✭EagererBeaver

Skippette wrote: »
    Did you come across anything about lifting of wearing masks outdoors?

There is nothing official, at all, for now. Wearing of face masks outside continues to be mandatory, apart from the permissible exceptions.

There is nothing official, at all, for now. Wearing of face masks outside continues to be mandatory, apart from the permissible exceptions.

Thanks, hopefully the restrictions might be loosened over the next few weeks. Fingers crossed or there will be some awfully strange tan lines, lol

• Registered Users Posts: 1,057 ✭✭✭TimHorton

Honestly is all the uncertainty worth planning a summer holiday ?

• Registered Users Posts: 725 ✭✭✭M_Murphy57

TimHorton wrote: »
    Honestly is all the uncertainty worth planning a summer holiday ?

Post 19/07 there shouldn't be any uncertainty? Get your vaccine or test, get your cert and go?

I've also booked flexible flights and refundable hotel in case something changes. I can work remotely so not getting back on time wouldnt be a problem either. Not everyone has that option though I guess.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 20,300 ✭✭✭✭casio4

What's to stop someone with one Astra Zeneca vaccine turning up at a pharmacy to get a Johnston and Johnston vaccine? you don't need to register with the hse just arrange an appointment and show up. You can't travel with one Astra Zeneca but if you got the J & J you could

casio4 wrote: »
    What's to stop someone with one Astra Zeneca vaccine turning up at a pharmacy to get a Johnston and Johnston vaccine? you don't need to register with the hse just arrange an appointment and show up. You can't travel with one Astra Zeneca but if you got the J & J you could

Why would someone take it on themselves to try and mix the 2 vaccines? Without knowing the effectiveness or consequences.

Surely, it would be a lot simpler to go to your local testing centre and get an Antigen test to fly for less then €50??

Why would someone take it on themselves to try and mix the 2 vaccines? Without knowing the effectiveness or consequences.

Surely, it would be a lot simpler to go to your local testing centre and get an Antigen test to fly for less then €50??

If it means they can get to and from Salou without having to quarantine, half of Ireland would be all over it like s rash. All you have to do is look at the number of self-entitled eejits travelling last summer when we were months away from a vaccine

• Registered Users Posts: 20,300 ✭✭✭✭casio4

Antigen test wont cover you, from today you are not to travel if you only have one dose

• Registered Users Posts: 2,238 ✭✭✭CruelSummer

casio4 wrote: »
    Antigen test wont cover you, from today you are not to travel if you only have one dose

Not true. People with one jab need a test like a negative pcr or antigen test from July 19th when travelling within the EU, depending on the country. Why our national public service broadcaster is able to get away with blatant lies on air is beyond me.

• Advertisement

From the 19th of July, Fully vaccinated, proof of negative test (for Spain Antigen will suffice within 48 hours) or proof of recent infection will entitle you to receive the Digital Covid Certificate. Once the certificate launches, there will be no extra measures.

On return, you will need a negative PCR test, if you are not fully vaccinated or have proof of recent infection.

So you can be half vaccinated - get a negative test (Antigen) - enjoy your holidays - get a negative test (PCR) - and return home

The Click bate headlines in the media are false. What they are saying is that if you are half vaccinated, don't go on holidays because you are not as protected as someone that is fully vaccinated. Its about stating the obvious and making click bate headlines out of it.

Children for obvious reasons cannot be vaccinated, so will be tested (6 and over going to Spain) and 7 and over coming back.

From the 19th of July, Fully vaccinated, proof of negative test (for Spain Antigen will suffice within 48 hours) or proof of recent infection will entitle you to receive the Digital Covid Certificate. Once the certificate launches, there will be no extra measures.

On return, you will need a negative PCR test, if you are not fully vaccinated or have proof of recent infection.

So you can be half vaccinated - get a negative test (Antigen) - enjoy your holidays - get a negative test (PCR) - and return home

The Click bate headlines in the media are false. What they are saying is that if you are half vaccinated, don't go on holidays because you are not as protected as someone that is fully vaccinated. Its about stating the obvious and making click bate headlines out of it.

Children for obvious reasons cannot be vaccinated, so will be tested (6 and over going to Spain) and 7 and over coming back.

Exactly. I’ve recently checked the Spanish page re travel & as far as I know the entry age for children has been raised to 12. So those under 12 would be exempt from tests to enter Spain. Adults as it stands is antigen to enter Spain if not fully vaccinated. It is a fluid situation and can change though.

If it means they can get to and from Salou without having to quarantine, half of Ireland would be all over it like s rash. All you have to do is look at the number of self-entitled eejits travelling last summer when we were months away from a vaccine

Theres no quarantine for anyone travelling inter EU post 19/07. You can travel with either a vaccine or a negative test and ho about your business on landing. It's not selfish to travel either if you take the required precautions.

Arrivals from UK to ireland requires a PCR test, even for vaccinated people and 5-14 days quarantine. Again, as safe as they can make it given the giant backdoor in the north.

Exactly. I’ve recently checked the Spanish page re travel & as far as I know the entry age for children has been raised to 12. So those under 12 would be exempt from tests to enter Spain. Adults as it stands is antigen to enter Spain if not fully vaccinated. It is a fluid situation and can change though.

Yes you are right about the children's age. On the Ryanair page is says 6 and over and on a Spanish travel website - looks official - it says 12.

I messaged Ryanair on twitter for clarification but no word back. As you said it's a fluid situation, so hopefully once the Digital Cert launches things will be a bit more clearer re Kids

Great news, have you a link? That makes my travels a lot easier with kids.

M_Murphy57 wrote: »
    Great news, have you a link? That makes my travels a lot easier with kids.

1. TRAVELLERS COMING FROM AN EU MEMBER STATE OR SCHENGEN ASSOCIATED COUNTRY
    The following health checks apply to all travellers arriving in Spain by air or sea, with the following exceptions:
    -Children under the age of twelve are exempted of the medical certificate (see here below section 1.1).

http://www.exteriores.gob.es/Embajadas/DUBLIN/en/Embajada/ServiciosConsulares/Pages/Covid-19-Travelling-to-Spain.aspx

Above is from the Spanish embassy in Ireland

Yes the Spanish embassy in Ireland has updated their advice recently to travellers coming from Ireland.

http://www.exteriores.gob.es/Embajadas/DUBLIN/en/Embajada/ServiciosConsulares/Pages/Covid-19-Travelling-to-Spain.aspx

Theres no quarantine for anyone travelling inter EU post 19/07. You can travel with either a vaccine or a negative test and ho about your business on landing. It's not selfish to travel either if you take the required precautions.

Arrivals from UK to ireland requires a PCR test, even for vaccinated people and 5-14 days quarantine. Again, as safe as they can make it given the giant backdoor in the north.

That's great and all, but the question I was replying to was about the mixing of vaccines, so I haven't the foggiest what your point is.

That's great and all, but the question I was replying to was about the mixing of vaccines, so I haven't the foggiest what your point is.

My point is, people with 1 AZ can already travel. They dont need to be "all over mixed vaccines like a rash so they can get to Salou". They dont even need a 2nd vaccine , they can just go with a PCR.

Your post implied only selfish people who want to go to Salou are trying to travel and they will take any risk to get there. In the event mixed vaccines were approved itd be with medical approval at an EU level because it was safe, not because some random Irish person insisted so they could get to Spain.

The green cert means travel has been okd by the EU and it's only in ireland it seems where we insist on continually stigmatising travellers as just yobs selfishly heading off for yards of cocktails on the strip on Salou (I presume that's why you picked Salou and not, say Paris in your example?)

If you personally dont want to travel thats your choice, but the days of stigmstising travellers who do are over now.

My point is, people with 1 AZ can already travel. They dont need to be "all over mixed vaccines like a rash so they can get to Salou". They dont even need a 2nd vaccine , they can just go with a PCR.

Your post implied only selfish people who want to go to Salou are trying to travel and they will take any risk to get there. In the event mixed vaccines were approved itd be with medical approval at an EU level because it was safe, not because some random Irish person insisted so they could get to Spain.

The green cert means travel has been okd by the EU and it's only in ireland it seems where we insist on continually stigmatising travellers as just yobs selfishly heading off for yards of cocktails on the strip on Salou (I presume that's why you picked Salou and not, say Paris in your example?)

If you personally dont want to travel thats your choice, but the days of stigmstising travellers who do are over now.

I responded directly to a question about why people would mix vaccines. Whether those people would know the rules or not is irrelevant. If they were aware of the rules and still wanted to mix vaccines, that would be a little bit daft, no?

Why didn't I pick, say, Paris as you suggest? Well, the thread is about travelling to Spain, so bringing Paris into the equation would be a bit stupid.

I don't need to travel to Spain. I already live here/there. The days of stigmatising non essential (you left that bit out) travellers are over? Says who? You?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 30 gallmatt

I travelled last Tuesday to Malaga via Belfast I had got a antigen test just in case but they didn’t ask for it.
    Entry to Spain

From 24 May, entry restrictions and testing requirements for arrivals from the UK to Spain no longer apply. However, if they have travelled to a country on Spain’s list of ‘risk countries’ in the 14 days prior to travel, travellers from the UK should be prepared to present evidence either of a negative test, of being fully vaccinated or of having had and recovered from COVID-19 in the last 6 months. In some parts of Spain, the same evidence is required when checking into tourist accommodation or when travelling to the islands from mainland Spain. See Testing requirements for arrivals from the UK for further information.

• Registered Users Posts: 30 gallmatt

I’m returning to Ireland via Belfast city airport from Malaga , do I need to complete the irish or uk passenger locator form? Thanks

I responded directly to a question about why people would mix vaccines. Whether those people would know the rules or not is irrelevant. If they were aware of the rules and still wanted to mix vaccines, that would be a little bit daft, no?

Why didn't I pick, say, Paris as you suggest? Well, the thread is about travelling to Spain, so bringing Paris into the equation would be a bit stupid.

I don't need to travel to Spain. I already live here/there. The days of stigmatising non essential (you left that bit out) travellers are over? Says who? You?

Travel for any reason is allowed post 01/07 (or 19/07 here) Says the EU, the Spanish and Irish govts, not me. The EU are allowing it asap (you live in spain, you should know that) essential or not.

Stigmatising something that's been greenlit by the EU and governments of countries in the EU as allowed seems like a very bitter stance.

Travel for any reason is allowed post 01/07 (or 19/07 here) Says the EU, the Spanish and Irish govts, not me. The EU are allowing it asap (you live in spain, you should know that) essential or not.

Stigmatising something that's been greenlit by the EU and governments of countries in the EU as allowed seems like a very bitter stance.

Bit of a daft stance to be honest. Because something is legal it can't be stigmatised? Since when has that been the case.

Anyway, some good news for some of you:

https://www.lavanguardia.com/vida/20210616/7533583/sanchez-abandonar-mascarillas-calle-pronto-covid-coronavirus.html

Take it with a pinch of salt however. "Pronto" can be very, very loosely defined over here and doesn't necessarily mean they'll be gone if you're here on holiday in July or August.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,008 ✭✭✭colly10

Are the gards still hanging around the airport?

• Registered Users Posts: 12,091 ✭✭✭✭Gael23

Any sign of outdoor mask rules changing

Gael23 wrote: »

The Spanish PM has announced that the requirement to wear masks outdoors will be dropped soon.

https://english.elpais.com/spain/2021-06-16/spanish-pm-announces-that-face-masks-will-soon-not-be-mandatory-outdoors.html

Gael23 wrote: »

According to the Guardian:

40m ago
    14:05
    Sam Jones
    Spain’s prime minister, Pedro Sánchez, has said people would be able to stop wearing masks outside “soon” but gave no firm date for the lifting of the restriction.

Masks have been compulsory on the streets and in public places since May 2020, although there are exemptions for children under the age of six, people exercising, and those with health conditions that make their use difficult or dangerous.

“We’ll soon be able to stop wearing masks in the street,” said Sánchez, explaining that the abandonment of masks was down to the speed at which the country’s vaccination programme was progressing.”

In a few weeks, 50% of the population will have received at least one dose,” he said, adding that Spain was on course to meet its target of vaccinating 70% of its 47 million inhabitants by the end of the summer.

To date, health authorities have administered 33,632,590 doses of the vaccine, and 13,007,731 people have received both doses. In April, the government attempted to clear up confusion over whether people needed to wear masks on beaches.

It repeated its assurance that masks did not need to be worn during exercise, adding they would not be obligatory for those going swimming in pools, the sea, rivers, reservoirs or lakes either – as long as social distancing could be maintained.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,331 ✭✭✭✭jimmycrackcorm

Just after being the second dose. Asked the vaccinator about the travel and she said the digital green very is getting released on July 17th which makes sense for anyone needing to travel in the 19th.

Also that the vaccination card itself would be accepted as proof and suggested getting it laminated to use in the meantime.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 248 ✭✭freida

colly10 wrote: »
    Are the gards still hanging around the airport?

This is from yesterday.

https://twitter.com/philthrill69/status/1404370443465859073?s=20

Keep tweeting the eu re the fine. At least it keeps it in focus as out of sync with the rest of Europe

Advertisement