Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Electric Picnic 2021 - Cancelled :( **No Ticket Sales / Requests **

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,433 ✭✭✭showpony1

Has anyone bought a second hand ticket for this yet? I am assuming if it had of got cancelled (or is cancelled later) and was an online ticket the money just went back to the seller so a difficult one. Ticketmaster transfer maybe the way to go but I am guessing limits your chances of getting one.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,489 ✭✭✭Stillill42

What a beautiful day on the thread. Possible obstacles notwithstanding, it does the heart good to hear BD giving out about the possibility of Aphex Twin being put on the main stage because it wouldn't suit his light show. Just looking at a site map has actual medical benefits, I believe.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,164 ✭✭✭fafy

fafy wrote: »
    It’s game over for this year, and thats reality,
    time for a 2022 EP thread, & time,to get out of this broken record discussion, and face the harsh reality. Tough, but true !!!

Just nearly choked, on the humble pie, i am now eating, amazing news !

• Registered Users Posts: 2,529 ✭✭✭Thundercats Ho

It's great to look at the map and see all the changes.
    Karavan-aoke and ceili (the haunt i hope), my lovely ranch, trailer park all making a return. Jerry fish moved into the woods should be good.

The excitement !!!!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,594 ✭✭✭traco

traco wrote: »
    Email just in from Ticketmaster about the date change

For the record:

51251988550_44bcd9a987_c.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,349 ✭✭✭Seathrun66

endainoz wrote: »
    Its nice hearing people give out about awful Irish pop acts, luckily there will be many many other options to see different acts. I'm keeping expectations low to be honest, wont get proper excited until/if the licence gets granted. I can see a decision coming fairly quickly though, time is a factor here. Lots of local radio ranting to come ahead no doubt.

If it goes ahead I think we'll have ALL the local indie & folk bands that we've been extolling here for the past few years. Few would be close to headlining (Fontaines easily could) but we'll have no shortage of decent stuff to see.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,080 ✭✭✭dam099

It does look a bit like that. If they were confident enough that a 3 week delay will mean it goes ahead, then they'd release a line up (which they may do over the next few weeks).

They may also not want to release a line up until the deadline for seeking refunds (assume there will be one, the email didn't specify a date) has been passed if the line up is looking like its a bit weak.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,929 ✭✭✭scruff monkey
    Snarky Snark Snark

Rfrip wrote: »
    Just tell us the sleeps Scruff :D:D:D

There are exactly 100 sleeps

• Registered Users Posts: 287 ✭✭HarryTheSpider

In all this excitement, we may have lost sight of a very important question....

... What is the best route to use to get to the Yellow Carpark? ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 289 ✭✭Kepler21

There's a new Premium camping on the other side of the road, and a new Gate 1 that seems to give access straight into the Terminus area.
    No extra showers, apart from the normal ones, and there appears to be a shower block in the Premium camping; probably inaccessible to us plebs. A long walk from Eco to my shower again, then.

• Advertisement

Pink Moon retweeted EP so guess they wll be making preliminary plans now also.

51252009690_b2abe05057_c.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 1,607 ✭✭✭rubick

Kepler21 wrote: »
    There's a new Premium camping on the other side of the road, and a new Gate 1 that seems to give access straight into the Terminus area.
    No extra showers, apart from the normal ones, and there appears to be a shower block in the Premium camping; probably inaccessible to us plebs. A long walk from Eco to my shower again, then.

I'll fire a couple of buckets of water round you in Eco, mate. Just you stand there and clench.

Kepler21 wrote: »

Where are you seeing the map ? Most info is blank for me on website

rubick wrote: »
    I'll fire a couple of buckets of water round you in Eco, mate. Just you stand there and clench.

I seem to remember a hose in the corner last time. :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 4,722 ✭✭✭endainoz

Getting impatient

• Registered Users Posts: 3,489 ✭✭✭Stillill42

fafy wrote: »
    Where are you seeing the map ? Most info is blank for me on website

https://laois.ie/wp-content/uploads/EP-20-01-2021-EP-Site-Layout-@-A0.pdf

rubick wrote: »

I think there was a 'Beach Shower' in ECO before. Brrrr.....

and as if by magic Pink Moon email arrives...........

51251721949_c7365420de_c.jpg

Stillill42 wrote: »

I downloaded it and opened it in Acrobat Reader. Its a bit of a pain with all the layers as it takes ages to load properly.

Looks like it will be a long walk from the green Carpark to ECO on Thursday. I better bring my trolley.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 496 ✭✭Blackie_IRL

I'll believe it when I see the lineup

• Registered Users Posts: 4,929 ✭✭✭scruff monkey
    Snarky Snark Snark

love it, "premium parking", a ****ing field is still a ****ing field.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,390 ✭✭✭✭bodhrandude

It's great to look at the map and see all the changes.
    Karavan-aoke and ceili (the haunt i hope), my lovely ranch, trailer park all making a return. Jerry fish moved into the woods should be good.

The excitement !!!!!!!

Wouldn't be surprised if The Haunt showed up in the Fish area, Jerry was in there half the time when not in his own tent.

If you want to get into it, you got to get out of it. (Hawkwind 1982)

traco wrote: »
    and as if by magic Pink Moon email arrives...........

51251721949_c7365420de_c.jpg

Ya, they are on the ball, got my one earlier, holidays already requested at work, all set

• Registered Users Posts: 18,991 ✭✭✭✭everlast75

• Registered Users Posts: 228 ✭✭tonto123

so mostly irish line up then, is it small amount of money back if there's not international talent on show

• Registered Users Posts: 228 ✭✭tonto123

tonto123 wrote: »
    so mostly irish line up then, is it small amount of money back if there's not international talent on show

great news for all involved tho don't mean to be negative with comment just being nosey really

• Registered Users Posts: 3,225 ✭✭✭nc6000

I guess they're hardly going to the trouble of announcing new dates if they don't expect it to go ahead?

• Registered Users Posts: 399 ✭✭BigMo1

tonto123 wrote: »

Personally I wouldn't want or expect any money back I paid. Musicians (especially small ones) and staff have suffered disproportionately through this mess. I'd be happy for them to get an extra few quid that would normally fund international headliners.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 18,991 ✭✭✭✭everlast75

Frankly, i may be more emotional than normal if this goes ahead.

This pandemic has me ****ed on a mental level and the idea of complaining about line ups, drinking warm flat cans and freezing my nuts of has me sounds like heaven.

Advertisement